IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know him never met him and I don't know where you're going with this.

I think we are curious as to if Ajay Amin's friend has been identified yet. I noticed AA has you listed as a friend on Facebook.

Don't know him never met him and I don't know where you're going with this.

Not going anywhere, I just thought it was a legitimate question given the circumstances. If you were an old family friend or something your credibility would be less.

I have no feeling either way on this AA guy. But, as a former college dude myself, I can imagine being him and doing the same thing. You're leaving the bar, everyone is drunk, you see an acquaintance (LS), you pick her up/goof around/etc (she's okay with it), she's wasted, bar manager sees you, you then either let her go on her way or hand her off to another acquaintance/friend - all is well. I can easily see that happening. I can also see her keys dropping and nobody noticing. I can also see walking by later and putting them on the nearest fence to be found more easily by the owner.

This AA guy could be guilty as heck, I don't know, but nothing he's talking about is bizarre to me.
:goodpost: I totally agree!

I would wonder if the 338 witness was shown his picture in the line up, although I think it's a huge long shot either are involved in the case.

My snip.

Why do you think it's a long shot that AA is not involved? If it was LS he was with at 3:38 (if that timing still holds, I can't keep track) and he took her to JR's and she left at 4:30, AA could have been waiting for her. Apparently he lives around there.

You're right. I no longer have any doubt about that (though I don't know that it was an in-person interview, i.e. that JR was in Bloomington; notably the same video confirms that JW is in Bloomington).

What I do remain doubtful about is whether JR has taken a polygraph. Go to 7:20 of the video - asked how many polygraphs they have administered, the guy says they are "working on the polygraphs now."

Now go to the next day - CR, MB, JR and JW, among others, have been asked for DNA samples. CR and MB have complied. There is no report that JR or JW have complied, but police describe JW as cooperative - http://www.news12.com/articleDetail.jsp?articleId=283816&position=1&news_type=news. Who does that leave?

oh I agree 100% that he may not have ever taken the LD, but I would certainly bet that his lawyer would never advise him to do it. I don't think either JW or JR has taken one, JW being cooperative is a relative term, and I haven't been assured of his cooperation in a very long time. His lawyer would advise against it as well, I'm pretty certain.

I feel like LE is playing these two (JR/JW) off each other, as well as manipulating the message in order to keep POIs guessing at what they know and who they suspect. No reason then to disclose what either has said/done/given.

I didn't find AA's finding of the keys to be suspicious or saying he didn't know they were hers. When he was saying that, it was clear that Lauren was missing and he was saying that when he found them, he had no idea they would end up belonging to a person who would be missing the next day...he would not have had to come out and said he found them if he was guilty. Chances are a video may even show him picking up the keys and putting them wherever, or whatever he did with them before his next friend saw them. Seems like videos tell a lot of the story of this night...just not enough.

I can see why Lauren's mom is so frustrated with L's friends...to me, what she is saying that only one person called in to speak to LE who was not specifically approached and questioned. They need lots of background info, the true story about relationships, who Lauren was really spending time with, etc...it may have become clear to her family that Lauren and JW were no longer as close as before, so they need to know why, what happened, who was in the picture, etc...I can't imagine being a friend and not talking with the parents and police, personally, telling everything I could think of...

I am down to 1% chance of a stranger, and 99% someone she knows...

If she died accidentally...the ME could tell that, if she is found soon enough...charges would be far less, improper disposal of a body, probably, tampering with evidence, maybe...but not murder. But if she is found when it is too late to tell cause of death, who knows what may happen. Better to talk now, IMO-assuming she is dead, of course, which I feel is extremely likely...

Several students who saw Rossman in the period after Spierer vanished questioned the "memory loss," saying he had no bruising or redness to his face that would support the claim.
"Supposedly he had that big altercation, but he didn't look like anything happened to him," said senior Chris Malone, who saw Corey the next morning, Feb. 4.
Rossman was outside his apartment, asking Malone if he'd seen Spierer.
"What's up boys?" Malone quoted Rossman as telling him. "Did you happen to see a little blond girl?"
Malone, who hadn't seen her, said he knows Rossman and roommate Mike Beth because they played in his Fantasy Football League and would sometimes grill together.

Who is Chris Malone?

and could this be the 2nd confrontation news reports reported?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-06-12-lauren-spierer-missing_n.htm

My snip.

Why do you think it's a long shot that AA is not involved? If it was LS he was with at 3:38 (if that timing still holds, I can't keep track) and he took her to JR's and she left at 4:30, AA could have been waiting for her. Apparently he lives around there.

If AA is the one that was with Lauren at 3:38 or whenever the sighting was, he is definitely "involved" and would have information to either corroborate or discount JR's story.

Has anyone read the book "The Secret"? It's always been one of my favorite books, and it's basically about a group of close knit college friends, one dies of alchohol related circumstances and they try to keep it a secret while it eats away at them in different ways. All the talk of LS potential OD and her friends protecting each other just reminded me of it (Although I personally don't think that's what happened in this situation).

What is the name of the author? That sounds like a very interesting summer read.

ETA: Sorry to be off-topic

New thread coming. I'll be back in a few minutes with the link.

Let me tell you what I do know. When his name first came up it was spelled like it was above (AJ). Someone somewhere - maybe here, maybe as a commentor on another site mentioned that he was friends with one of the POIs but the spelling was wrong, the correct spelling was the actual name Ajay. I pulled up someone I had open in a browser tab at the time (JW, CR, JR or DR) I don't remember which, and looked through the friends list and definitely found him.
I also have observed the changes I told you about.
And, friendships may have changed through this saga, or people don't want to be associated with certain people in public anymore. Who knows?

Interesting. I don't know that it's the relevant criterion, but AA is the same class year as LS (and I'd assume HT), the year below JR, and two years below JW. I don't know CR, MB or DR's class year - does anyone else? Again, may not be important (and I have little doubt that DR was not involved).

oh I agree 100% that he may not have ever taken the LD, but I would certainly bet that his lawyer would never advise him to do it. I don't think either JW or JR has taken one, JW being cooperative is a relative term, and I haven't been assured of his cooperation in a very long time. His lawyer would advise against it as well, I'm pretty certain.

I feel like LE is playing these two (JR/JW) off each other, as well as manipulating the message in order to keep POIs guessing at what they know and who they suspect. No reason then to disclose what either has said/done/given.

I suppose it makes sense for a lawyer to advise against a polygraph, but why do you assume that the lawyers for JR and JW have advised against same, while those for CR and MB have not?

Can you point me to a single statement from LE that suggests JW has been uncooperative or is a target of the investigation?

Agreed. I believe LE would have questioned AA and his "friend" extensively, but i am curious as to why the friend has not been identified.
I think the only reason AA was identified was he did it himself by going on TV.Something his friend has not.

Re: mountainguy777 about hating to see college kids able to pull off hiding a body..

Are you familiar with the Haleigh Cummings case.. Uneducated, drug addled group of teens and twenty somethings from backwoods of satsuma, fl have managed to get rid of and kept all evidence hidden/destroyed since 2/9/2009.. Shocking as it seems it's true. So I'd say if that cast of characters can manage to do it this group could do it easy-peasy..

Then you've got Hailey Dunn in CCity, tx who zip has been found of any trace of evidence or her remains.. And again we're talking at most 2 drug addled, extremely immature adults.. Possibly even one loser, drug addled, horror movie obsessed, child *advertiser censored*/beastiality watching 25 yr old male that has managed to make this 5"3 120lb beautiful young girl vanish into thin air without a trace..

It's definitely possible.. I've learned that..
E

Very true. And they may not be that skilled -- just may be "lucky" (not really what I mean but couldn't think of another way to describe it). After all, this time of year they have nature on their side. Lots of scavenger animals in the wilderness this time of year, plus really heavy rains and even flooding in Indiana. And, as so many have said before, Bloomington is really close to very rural areas.

I suppose it makes sense for a lawyer to advise against a polygraph, but why do you assume that the lawyers for JR and JW have advised against same, while those for CR and MB have not?

Maybe because neither was a high risk - JR is the one claiming to be with her last. I think HT had that story fairly early on, even if we didn't. And JW is the boyfriend. Suspect #1 statistically. Also, maybe iether MB or CR insisted on taking one against legal advice, and one verifies the other, so less risk for the 2nd.

Can you point me to a single statement from LE that suggests JW has been uncooperative or is a target of the investigation?

no, not really directly. Can you do the same for JR? I can't. I can say that: (and someone backed me up with a quote that I don't recall when I said this previously) the parents of LS changed their tune slightly about JW. My theory is that feelings may have changed after LE was finally able to view the video from Smallwood and ID the players involved in that brouhaha.

I think we are curious as to if Ajay Amin's friend has been identified yet. I noticed AA has you listed as a friend on Facebook.

Tony's added a few friends/acquaintances of LS's since this began; nothing wrong with that of course (who better to get info from?) Plus, they'd probably feel more comfortable talking to him than to LE in any case. Always a chance he (and, ultimately, we) might learn something new and/or relevant from one of them.

Tony's added a few friends/acquaintances of LS's since this began; nothing wrong with that of course (who better to get info from?) Plus, they'd probably feel more comfortable talking to him than to LE in any case. Always a chance he (and, ultimately, we) might learn something new and/or relevant from one of them.

Exactly why I was asking.... I am hoping he may be able to give us some insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member