IN IN - Marilyn 'Niqui' McCown, 28, Richmond, 22 Jul 2001

watching Still a Mystery about her on the Investigation Discovery Channel. I remembered this case and found my way back here. So weird.

I'm not sure about the laundromat thing. She was at her mum's and really anxious and worried by the sound of it, thinking about something, her mum asks her what's wrong, maybe she couldn't tell her so just said that someone harassed her at the laundromat (she had just come from there and was going back there). I wonder if she knew she was going to Dayton and was nervous about it? Or maybe the coworker had warned her about something and she had gone to try to sort it out? I know they talked about beauty products apparently but that doesn't mean they didn't talk about other things (or that the coworker told the truth about the phone call).

I feel like TS was jealous, he sent lingerie to her bridal shower, that's a real message, he obviously didn't want her to get married and to me that's trying to humiliate someone.

I also don't think they should read too much into Bobby's actions after. I feel sometimes like they are judgemental of people who are struggling for money. Searching for people is expensive, maybe he was broke, if he literally had no money at that time the logical thing to do is to try to get any money you can so you can search for her (take time off work, print flyers, travel, etc). They just assume people can do these things yet it is a massive financial cost. I felt like the frustration with the college was probably stress and desperation. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong, I didn't get a bad vibe from Bobby personally and I would have cancelled the wedding actually if you stand to lose thousands of dollars and you can use them to search, but the interview with TS had the opposite effect.

The attempted assault sounded serious.

I hope she is found.

JUL 13, 2023
[...]

It’s been more than 20 years since Marilyn Renee Niqui McCown went missing. She was last seen at a Richmond, Indiana, laundromat in July 2001.

McCown’s sister, Michelle McCown-Luster, of Dayton, said, “I’ve been broken so many times in these 22 years. But what’s kept me to keep going outside of my kids and family, it’s been Niqui. I’m determined to find out where my sister is, who’s involved in her disappearance, and what happened,”

Now, her family is making sure that no one forgets her name. When Niqui disappeared, Michelle said local media coverage helped but national news outlets did not pick up on her story.

[...]

Jasmine Ellis, CEO and Founder of the Dock Ellis Foundation said, “The media can work better in helping push a positive story. There’s, oftentimes, that you will see somebody reported missing and it’s you know, mother reports son missing, mother believes that son is missing, and then a day later, here comes their criminal record.”

Jasmine, along with Hjordis Ellis, are the co-founders of the Dock Ellis Foundation.

“Everyone deserves the same exact type of attention. If I’m going to give it to little Johnny over here that lives in Beverly Hills that comes up missing, then we need to give the same treatment to little Susie that lives over here in South Central LA when she comes up missing,” Hjordis Ellis said.

[...]

Ohio ranks 11th in the country for missing persons, according to the Dock Ellis Foundation. If you have any information that would be helpful in locating Niqui McCown, please call the Richmond Police Department at (765) 983-7247 or the Dayton Police Department at 937-333 COPS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back