Innocent vs. Guilty

Peake said:
Shouldn't Darlie's DNA be in it? Guess I'm not sure on this, after reading a bit on the JBR forum. It seems to be an acceptable explaination that the DNA in JBR's panties could have come from where they were manufactured. I'd think Darlie's would not be unusual since she did the laundry. But then I'd have to wonder why Darin's DNA wasn't found if it was his sock :/

Cheers,
Pea

Pea, maybe if there was only the sock with the DNA and the blood on it, that would be an acceptable excuse. However, as I've said before, one must look at the evidence in this case in whole. Once you do that, as the jury did, you'll see a clear picture. While it may be possible for transfer DNA to occur during the laundry procedure, I'm not sure that it necessarily MUST occur.

Ah, don't get me wrong, I have looked at more than just the sock. Ignoring the silly string video, other evidence as you point out -- the blood evidence, the difference in the wounds, the screen being cut by a knife from the house -- speak volumes. The angle on her throat wound -- holding a ruler up to my neck as if I was holding a knife to my own throat... same angle. I probably shouldn't have piped up in here until I've had time to review the transcripts more thoroughly -- I don't recall if the ME or other expert had discussed how her wounds might have been delivered.

However I don't see it as proof that it was Darlie that put the sock there just because her DNA was on it. Certainly that she could have, but not that she must have.

Cheers,
Pea

Pea, I agree with you.

Toby Shook showed the jury exactly how Darlie could have self-inflicted the neck wounds. From what I hear, it was truly something to see in person!! :clap: He's a brilliant attorney -- had her speechless on the stand. :innocent:

I beleive for sure that she put the sock there it's seems to me if there is 1 sock there has to be another.. Just curiouse.........

the neck wound even has a little twist at the bottom like a hesitated cut.unfortunatly the boys wounds were definatly not hesitated wounds...:sick:

WindChime said:
... I also believe the Darin was involved in some way...
I still know all too little about this case ~ but I'm beginning to get a sense of that too...

I really am beginning to think that her sentence should be Life instead of the DP ~ there are too many questions on the website link that Jeana provided ~ and with Life ~ there would be time enough for these questions to be answered.

But as I'm reading through this thread ~ I'm learning stuff....

"I'd think Darlie's would not be unusual since she did the laundry."

I agree, Peake. Her DNA could have gotten on the sock in any number of ways.

What's really interesting about the sock is that only the boys' blood is on it...none of Darlie's. The intruder theory has fumble fingers accidentally dropping the sock in the alley. Now, he's already slashed & fought with Darlie, blood should be flying everywhere, but not a drop of it lands on the sock. Makes no sense. That's why many people believe Darlie ditched the sock before she cut herself.

Shamrock said:
What are the main things that make you think Darlie is innocent or guilty? I'll post mine (innocent) later tonight or tomorrow when I have more time. Can't wait to read everyone's opinions!

Darlie's initial story.
Blood/lack of blood in the kitchen.
The clean up.
Differences in the injuries to the boys and Darlie.
Darlie's lies about Damon walking and talking.
Darlie lied on the witness stand.
Darin lied on the stand.
The bloody knife imprint in the carpet in the murder room.
Blood in the utility room.
Nothing taken or missing from the home.
the sock.
The knife used to cut the screen.

In memory of the 14 women slain in the Montreal Massacre, Dec. 6/89.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018
Back