Iran has launched drone attack against Israel - April 13, 2024

Watching the news now. Praying they turn them around and it’s just a show of force.
Unfortunately that isn't the impression I'm getting from news reporting from the region. Iran also has cruise missiles and there is talk they will also be launched to reach Israel at the same time as the drones. There are multiple launch locations. 1713043646393.png

JERUSALEM, April 13 (Reuters) - Iran launched dozens of drones at Israel on Saturday but they will take hours to reach their targets, Israel's military said, an attack that may trigger a major escalation between the regional archenemies, with the U.S. pledging to back Israel.

Two security sources in Iraq said dozens of drones had been spotted flying from Iran toward Israel over Iraqi airspace in what Iranian Press TV called "extensive drone strikes" by the Revolutionary Guards.

A retired Israeli general, Amos Yadlin, told the country's Channel 12 news that the Iranian drones were equipped with 20 kg (44 pounds) of explosives each.

Israel's military said sirens would sound in any threatened areas and that its defences were poised to deal with them

Retaliatory attack:

“Iran has launched more than 100 drones toward Israel, military officials said, beginning its retaliatory attack weeks after a suspected Israeli strike on the Iranian consular building in Syria killed two of Tehran’s top commanders.”

Last edited:
TEL AVIV—Iran launched a wave of over 100 drones toward Israel, setting up a direct military confrontation between the two nations and raising the risks of wider regional war.

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps said the attack would also involve missiles fired from Iran. The mass drone launch appeared to be an effort to overwhelm Israel’s air defenses.

Israeli forces are likely to try to intercept them before they arrive. The American military would also help Israel defend against the drones, said one U.S. official, who declined to provide details.

JMO, that was a very dumb move by Israel

That also may be interpreted as a provocative move by Israel, inviting retaliation.MOO

My opinion is the exact opposite.

Hamas and the Houthis and Hezbollah are terrorist organizations that have been trying to destroy Israel, backed by Iran and its oil money.

October 7th couldn’t have happened without backing from Iran.

This is a war that was not started by Israel and yet Israel has no choice but to fight back.
Much as America had no choice after September 11th, which I lived through.

IMO if anyone else here has survived a terrorist attack as we did in Manhattan on September 11th 2001, in which ten people I knew died, it would seem more obvious that no country can win the war on terrorism by backing down.

IMO

My opinion is the exact opposite.

Hamas and the Houthis and Hezbollah are terrorist organizations that have been trying to destroy Israel, backed by Iran and its oil money.

October 7th couldn’t have happened without backing from Iran.

This is a war that was not started by Israel and yet Israel has no choice but to fight back.
Much as America had no choice after September 11th, which I lived through.

IMO if anyone else here has survived a terrorist attack as we did in Manhattan on September 11th 2001, in which ten people I knew died, it would seem more obvious that no country can win the war on terrorism by backing down.

IMO
Look I understand: these 3 terrorist organizations must be destroyed. But how was bombing the Iranian embassy "fighting back"? IMO that is bringing us closer to the brink of world war. And no I don't support Iran's leadership- I pray for the innocent civilians who will get caught in this crossfire.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675
Back