Ireland Ireland - Jon Jonsson, 41 (visitor from Iceland), Whitehall, Dublin, 9 Feb 2019

I don’t believe this. £4000 isn’t that much. The chances of him willingly leaving the hotel on his own then being murdered without any witnesses is very slim. I doubt there are many Icelanders living in Dublin. If he wasn’t involved with criminals how did he get hold of their money? It could well be a tall tale from a bored prisoner.

New photograph of missing Icelandic man released by gardaí
This is just awful. If he has been a victim of foul play may he brought home to his family. My heart goes out to them. x
From link, thanks..
image.jpg

Jon Jonsson, who is a father of four and taxi driver from Iceland, was last seen in Whitehall, Dublin at about 11am on Saturday, February 9th, 2019.

He walked out in public without his passport, wallet, or cellphone. He gets hit by a car or has a heart attack and he's entering the health-care system with the perception of being a transient.

"You have any John Does today? We're missing a poker player."

"Nah, we just had one and he's some homeless dude we found on the sidewalk."

"Rightie-oh!"

Jon Jonsson -- Missing Poker Player Since February 2019

^^^^ This!!

Always take some ID with you, even if you're just going for some fresh air.

A friend of ours went out without ID, tripped and hit his head, taken to hospital unconscious where he was MIS-IDENTIFIED and buried under another mans' name!!

The family who buried him, thinking he was their transient, missing brother were shocked when their brother appeared to see who was 'doing Thanksgiving'. Our friend was exhumed and properly ID'd, then returned to his proper family.

See George Scott Cushnie thread.

^^^^ This!!

A friend of ours went out without ID, tripped and hit his head, taken to hospital unconscious where he was MIS-IDENTIFIED and buried under another mans' name!!

The family who buried him, thinking he was their transient, missing brother were shocked when their brother appeared to see who was 'doing Thanksgiving'. Our friend was exhumed and properly ID'd, then returned to his proper family.

Quite right JDG, thanks for the reminder!
Found Deceased - Canada - George Scott Cushnie, 80, AKA "Professor Piano" (legally blind), Toronto, 7 August 2018

^^^^ This!!

Oh my, this was the musician guy right? I followed that one too, he was so loved by so many.

Eta: sorry just seen your post dotr (I'm needing a glass of wine) and indeed it was.

I don’t believe this. £4000 isn’t that much. The chances of him willingly leaving the hotel on his own then being murdered without any witnesses is very slim. I doubt there are many Icelanders living in Dublin. If he wasn’t involved with criminals how did he get hold of their money? It could well be a tall tale from a bored prisoner.

€4000 may not seem like a lot but it sounds like they wanted to teach him a lesson and ended up going too far. Whether the reporting is correct or not, I do see the poker game having the most relevance in this disappearance and that Jon was keeping secrets. I live not too far away from this incident and it’s just not possible to kill yourself around here without anyone noticing. It’s simply suburbia for several miles, so I always said he had to have gotten in to a car.

Ireland is a very small country and the police force go out of their way to identify John Does. The idea that he was mistaken for a transient is incredibly flawed.

I sincerely doubt whoever wrote that blog has any clue about how policing works in Ireland. Here is an example of an unidentified case. There was no crime but the Garda persisted for years until they got an answer.
Body found in Galway in 2014 confirmed as that of Polish man | Newstalk

I live nearby also and I can't think of anywhere he could have killed himself and not been found yet. Nowadays gangs would kill you over nothing close to what he owed. hope its resolved eventually but I would say he owed the money to the wrong person and I would certainly be looking in the Dublin mountains etc

It's a pity there has been no credible leads in this case. I still think it's related to gambling and not suicide.

From link, ty..rbbm
1707498420181.png
''Gardaí say during the course of the inquiry, "the investigation team has received two items of anonymous correspondence, the contents of which have been assessed".
The investigation team has appealed to the author or authors of the correspondences to make direct contact with them.

They say any contact "will be dealt with in the strictest confidence".

Anyone with any information or who can assist in locating him is asked to contact Ballymun Garda Station on 01 6664400, the Garda Confidential Telephone Line 1800 666 111 or any garda station.''

I’m really hoping Jon’s family would finally get some answers.

I can only try to imagine the pain of living without knowing what happened to your beloved one for 5 years :(

*SPECIAL APPEAL*
Representatives of the Helpline met with family members of Jon Jonsson last evening. We have pledged to do all in our power to assist them in their efforts to find Jon and bring him home. Attached is a new Garda appeal for information and we are asking our followers to please PLEASE share. If you have any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, please call the Garda Confidential line 1800 666 111 or our Help Bring Them Home line 1800 911 999
where you can leave a message which we will pass on to the investigating team - you do not have to identify yourself or provide contact details.

Gardaí in Ballymun wish to renew their appeal to the public for assistance in tracing the whereabouts of Jon Jonsson.

Jon, who is from Iceland, was 41-years-old, when last seen in Whitehall at approximately 11am on Saturday 9th February 2019, 5 years ago today.
Jon is described as being 6 foot tall, of medium build, with short brown hair. When last seen he was wearing a black padded jacket.
Jon had a Hotel Room Key Card from the Bonnington Hotel in his possession when he went missing.

Jon’s family have continued their search for Jon over the last 5 years.
The Garda investigation into the disappearance of Jon has also continued over the last 5 years. The investigation to date has created over 270 jobs/ lines of enquires and numerous statements have been taken and hours of CCTV were reviewed. Despite ongoing investigations and enquiries, Jon has yet to be located.

During the course of the investigation, the investigation team has received two items of anonymous correspondence, the contents of which have been assessed.

The Garda investigation team are appealing to the author(s) of those correspondences to make direct contact with them. Any contact will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Anyone who has any information on Jon’s disappearance or who can assist in locating him is asked to contact Ballymun Garda Station on 01 6664400, The Garda Confidential Telephone Line 1800 666 111 or any Garda Station.

Ref: PR21263/2024

An interesting development

A search of a public park with forestry and a lake is taking place in Dublin as part of the investigation into the disappearance of an Icelandic man who went missing in the city five years ago.
The search was started following information received by gardaí in two anonymous letters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
funeris antro
Back