Is MJD Tawni Lee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To Tawni's family, I cannot imagine what you are going through tonight. My love and prayers are with you.

To the WS'rs, :woohoo: Kudos to you all and Congrats!

When looking at a case it seems overwhelming, so many unidentified, so many clues, so hard to get info, so many missing. But your work shows that it can pay off and that no matter how discouraging it can get, there is always hope! Great job you guys!

For others like me who come in here from the link, a great summary of the case is available on the first page of thread.

This is seriously making me cry. Tawni was one of the first cases I reviewed because of its location (I have a sister in Tucson). She is such a beautiful girl and there seemed to be so much more that LE could have done for her.

Bless her family.

I agree PFM - now that she has been identified, maybe they will finally do a homicide investigation as they should have done in the beginning.

Salem

Prayers and love going out to Tawni's family....thank God you finally will have her home. My deepest condolences on her loss. God bless you all, and God bless all the good people here who love and care and work so hard to help people. :blowkiss:

I agree PFM - now that she has been identified, maybe they will finally do a homicide investigation as they should have done in the beginning.

Salem

I'm certainly going to make it a point to get up to speed on this case and hopefully many other of the sleuthers here will too. I'm not that great at this but, there are so many here that are. Maybe with some new interest in this case joined with the ones that have been involved from the get go.........some info can be generated here that will assist the Maricopa LE in getting some long over due convictions.

Good work all, really impressed.

You have brought some peace and closure to a family may not have had otherwise.
RIP Tawni

OMG you guys remember this this girl from MASS where Tawni was from it is even stranger knowing what we know

November 9th 1998 at 8am, 16 year old Ashley Turniak was found dead on the breakdown lane of I-91 south in Longmeadow, Massachusetts just 1½ mile from the Connecticut border. The well liked teenager from Agawam had been seen in her high school parking lot before her first class started at 7:25 that morning. Less than an hour later, witnesses reported that she went feet-first from the passenger window of a car heading south towards Connecticut. Her backpack was found on Woodlawn Avenue in Enfield, Connecticut not far from a highway exit. At the time of her death witnesses reported that she was in a tan or light brown mid-size vehicle, possibly a late 80s model Ford Tempo or a vehicle similar to that. After Turniaks fall, the car was seen leaving I-91 at Exit 49 in Connecticut. More than five years later many questions persist, was she pushed or did she fall? Who was the driver? A still grieving family and Massachusetts State Police want to know. If you have any information about this case please call (413) 747-4809. http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/unsolvedct/homicides.html

I was the person who posted this quote on Ashley on the Cold Case board. I was shocked to find that MJD was from Massachusetts since this case definitely reminded me of Ashley but I don't think they're related since they occurred across the country from each other. Certainly an amazing coincidence though.

I'm so glad to see that Tawni was identified. She was a beautiful girl.

Congratulations to all the WebSleuthers who worked on this case.

You are wonderful people!

Will e-mail the forensic artist who worked on her case (that we spoke with about a year ago..I think I still have the address) and let her know! Very happy. Tawni was beautiful.

I just rec'd this:

[SIZE=-1]To: christine2448@websleuths.com
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]

Hi we are wondering who you were when we came upon this websleuths. Thank God for the people there.
I have pictures of Tawni as well. The Mazzone-Madden-Ross family are so very thankful for all the work that has been done in Tawni's name.

Kelly

[/SIZE]

OH MY! tears are streaming down my face, I have looked, and searched for a long time for her. Thank you Lord. Prayers for her family. I am just so sad her family has to go thru this but yet happy that she can now have her name and a place to rest.
Thanks to everyone that put up with me asking questions about her... great job!

please see thread here, CONFIRMED

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69385

Tawni_2.jpg

Checkin' email before signin' off...had this:

[SIZE=-1]Heisner, Jodie JLHEISNER@abc15.com [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 8:49 PM [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]To: Christine <christine2448@websleuths.com>[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]Christine-[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=-1]

Thanks to you and all of the websluths for all of your hard work on this case. How amazing that MJD finally has a name... beautiful Tawni.

Here at ABC15 we are working hard to get the rest of the details together to tell this story the way it needs to be told. By giving it time and really showcasing it. We now have some more interviews to get in order to tell the rest of this story.

I will be sure to send you all a link as soon as it airs. You will be able to watch the story online.
My heart goes out to the family.

Jodie Heisner

Special Projects Producer

ABC 15 KNXV-TV
[/SIZE]

Oh Christine - you guys do ROCK! Your post brought tears to my eyes. How would anyone ever know that there are so many strangers out here, praying for them and their loved ones, trying to help and more than anything, willing to be there to hold a hand or share a hug so that they do not have to be alone!

I am so proud of you guys and all your hard work on this case. It has been a long time coming.

Bless Tawni (what a beautiful name) and her family. May they find peace.

Salem

Salem said everything I planned to say so I decided to piggyback on her post.

Blessings to the family and to those who have helped them in this.

Medusa

Thank you all so much for never giving up on our Tawni, and for all your thoughts and prayers. Tawni was a beautiful girl and forever loved and missed beyond words. We became more like sisters then cousins. I wanted to share my favorite photo of the 2 of us, happy and carefree little girls full of life. This is how I will always remember Tawni.

Thank you again,
Kerry

Attachments

• meandtawni.jpg
    meandtawni.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 427
:(
Thank you all so much for never giving up on our Tawni, and for all your thoughts and prayers. Tawni was a beautiful girl and forever loved and missed beyond words. We became more like sisters then cousins. I wanted to share my favorite photo of the 2 of us, happy and carefree little girls full of life. This is how I will always remember Tawni.

Thank you again,
Kerry Cook

Thank you for sharing that picture with us, your cousin will never be forgotten. Nothing I can do or say will ease the pain u and ur family are feeling, but please know that she was loved by many.

Rest in peace, Tawni. You certainly deserved better. At least now your family knows the end of your story. My heart breaks for you all.

I have just returned from taking my own sweet daughter back to college and have been off line for a few days. I want to send Christine my heartfelt gratitude for keeping me in the loop via telephone. And thank you believe09 for all your very hard work. I know this has been a difficult 24+ hours for you and Christine both.

To sweet Tawni's family....I extend my sincere condolences for the outcome of your journey and hope and pray that you will find peace in time. There are many of us on WS who were determined and commited to finding you - even when we seemed to be spinning our wheels. I cannot begin to tell you how relieved I am, personally, to know that she has a loving family who have been searching for her all this time. Thank you so very much for sharing your memories and family photos. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to see her beautiful face in life. Thank you and please know, you are very much in our thoughts and prayers.

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Wow...I woke up in the middle of the night, couldn't sleep, decided to check WS, and I see this.

What a divine intervention that her brother happened to be on WS and be found! I am glad that we have a sub-forum for Unidentifieds. Without the forum, I don't know if the brother would have been able to find the thread on his sister.

Tawni was beautiful, but she looked so much younger in the photos! I hope LE gets flak over not taking a missing person's report.

Prayers and love to Tawni's family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member