Is there anyone that believes Ross is innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me wants to believe that he is just grossly negligent and selfish. Maybe because I don't want to believe someone would do something so horrible.

Part of me wants to believe that he is just grossly negligent and selfish. Maybe because I don't want to believe someone would do something so horrible.

I don't have any problem believing people can be that rotten. I just want to be convinced by reasonable argument based on facts...a lot of what people are identifying as their major point was stuff Stoddard presented in the bail hearing, and his veracity has been challenged by more than source: 1. a witness at the scene, 2. the AJC's interpretation of the video.

it wouldn't be the first time the cops and the media got it way wrong.

1. its not been established exactly what the wife knew or didn't know, imo. I would appreciate a link that does establish it.

2. imo had HD known he was texting anyone all day, much less sexting women, he would have been fired.

3. I really don't think you've convinced me that he wasn't hiding his secret life from a lot of people. In fact there is testimony that he was, not to mention, I think, it a reasonable assumption that HD knew nothing about it. It is unreasonable to suggest they knew, imo.

The text that indicated he was cheating is on here somewhere. I am not sure what search words you might want to use to find it. But, it is here on WS.

Since he was sexting and getting away with it, I guess it was working for him at HD, right?

He had a secret life from some people. Was it secret for the person he sexted that he was in bed with his wife and he had no conscience?

Was it secret with other people he sexted with?

I don't have any problem believing people can be that rotten. I just want to be convinced by reasonable argument based on facts...a lot of what people are identifying as their major point was stuff Stoddard presented in the bail hearing, and his veracity has been challenged by more than source: 1. a witness at the scene, 2. the AJC's interpretation of the video.

it wouldn't be the first time the cops and the media got it way wrong.

WHY do you keep saying people need to convince you? :facepalm:
Read the threads, the linked articles, etc. and make a decision
about jh's guilt or innocence.

This isn't a court of law, no one really needs to convince anyone of anything. :hand:

Actually, I doubt that many people who look at *advertiser censored* websites, buy *advertiser censored* magazines, subscribe to adult websites and/or sext share this information with others (with the exception of teenagers). I think it's pretty common for adults to hide these activities from friends, lovers and spouses--isn't that part of the thrill? I wouldn't really look at RH keeping his sexting private as unusual behavior for a married person who choses to imbibe in *advertiser censored* or cheating types of activities. This particular lie is not one that cause me to want to suspect him of murder.

I'm withholding judgment until all the evidence comes out but it bothers me that he was searching for how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car, just weeks before the baby's death. That reeks of premeditation but it could be just a really unfortunate coincidence.

If he hadn't made that trip to his car at lunch I would be more inclined to think he was innocent

I think he is guilty as hell

Yeah, I think it might depend on when exactly he made the decision to kill Cooper like that. (If that's in fact what he did.)
I mean, while you're just playing around with the thought of doing somebody in you might end up doing all kinds of unwise research on your personal computer because it's not yet a plan, not yet a decision, just random thoughts that aren't going to get you arrested. Then, after you make the decision to actually do it, you realize that you've got all this stuff on your computer and try to delete it and think that it would have been better to go to an anonymous computer but it's too late. And if any of the material that gave him ideas was something he came across randomly (and not intentionally searching for just that) he wouldn't have known to be on an anonymous computer beforehand.

In my library you have to sign in with your personal library card and pin code in order to use the computers to search the internet so it's not totally anonymous there.

I should come here and say I have thought of Cooper more but that would be a lie. I'm so sorry he died in the way he did.It makes my guts crawl into my throat. I find these to be difficult forums to post in.

Hi Donjeta. I mean, could he not have rocked into an internet cafe and done these things? He could've. (IMO) He's just a base, horny, useless bag of skin if he was trying to hide it. There's just too much luck working (IMO)

They do not require tremendous ID to use the library computers. I use them sometimes to get away from my parrots. Normally I don't have my card. I only wear yoga pants on the daily.

I still think he left the kid in the car by accident. He was preoccupied with his obsessions with bathroom selfies and meeting underage women.

It's still abhorrent. As is he. I can't even fathom this case.

I bet dollars to doughnuts this piece of work has NO INTENTION of taking the stand.

**I don't have pockets in my yoga pants. I hide my key outside and walk to the library.

I think mom's "did you say too much?" question pretty much throws "innocent" out the window. Obviously, there's something they're hiding, that they thought, if known by the authorities, would be bad.

He's guilty of killing his son. Whether or not it was accidental remains to be seen...but:

Does anyone know how Ross answered that question? Did he say, "Say too much?? About what????" (that would make me think he was just a dolt, and maybe this was an accident); but if he said, "No! I didn't!", without more having to be said about about what "it" is, then that smells pretty fishy to me.

First line to arrested spouse: Be quiet until the lawyer gets here. No matter what. Because EVERYTHING YOU SAY WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU. Literally. :):laughing:

I don't think LH was saying this to hide a conspiracy. I think she was saying it to remind her husband that they had both a tragedy and a massive legal problem on their hands. Act accordingly, right?

If he hadn't made that trip to his car at lunch I would be more inclined to think he was innocent

I think he is guilty as hell

Don't you think he had to make the car trip to get to private location where he could arrange his sex meeting for later that day- during the afternoon, remember he told his buddies he'd be arriving late at the movie (even though RH was picking up CH). Don't you think maybe he spent the entire day arranging his sex plan and texting with whatever stupid girl was planning to be his partner?

He's guilty as hell of being a schmuck and killing his baby through his own selfish carelessness- not because he wanted to kill the child but because he wanted to get his kicks and he put that first.

The girl who was planning to hook up with RH is guilty of being nasty. I hope she feels sick when she looks in the mirror.

His wife, LH is guilty of believing RH would "get over" his addiction to sexting and easy sex. It's not a very Christian thing to say, but maybe LH is guilty of forgiving RH.

Don't you think he had to make the car trip to get to private location where he could arrange his sex meeting for later that day- during the afternoon, remember he told his buddies he'd be arriving late at the movie (even though RH was picking up CH). Don't you think maybe he spent the entire day arranging his sex plan and texting with whatever stupid girl was planning to be his partner?

He's guilty as hell of being a schmuck and killing his baby through his own selfish carelessness- not because he wanted to kill the child but because he wanted to get his kicks and he put that first.

The girl who was planning to hook up with RH is guilty of being nasty. I hope she feels sick when she looks in the mirror.

His wife, LH is guilty of believing RH would "get over" his addiction to sexting and easy sex. It's not a very Christian thing to say, but maybe LH is guilty of forgiving RH.
BBM - If she is underage (it's hard to keep track of all the people RH was sexting, that day), then she is also a victim in this case, given the other charges RH faces on top of murdering his son. This is a victim friendly forum so you may want to tread carefully. :hand: If anybody should feel sick when they look in the mirror, it should be RH. :moo:

BBM - If she is underage (it's hard to keep track of all the people RH was sexting, that day), then she is also a victim in this case, given the other charges RH faces on top of murdering his son. This is a victim friendly forum so you may want to tread carefully. :hand: If anybody should feel sick when they look in the mirror, it should be RH. :moo:

I am 100% victim friendly, but cases where young teenage females commit fraud without ANY duress are not cases in which young teenage females are victims. Unless we have evidence that someone forced this young lady to lie about her age and post her hot-shots, then she is not a victim of anything but her own bad decisions.

BTW, there's a great article in this months "Atlantic Monthly" about teens and sexting- it's the cover article and it points out how much teens do it and how police are being forced to adjust their tactics as a result. I highly recommend it- I learned many things I didn't know. It's not online yet (I read it in the print issue we get delivered) but I'm sure it will be up soon. Look for "Caitlin Flanagan", the author.

Here's one online that surprised me: http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/07/hysteria-over-sexting-reaches-peak-absurdity/374206/

Actually, I doubt that many people who look at *advertiser censored* websites, buy *advertiser censored* magazines, subscribe to adult websites and/or sext share this information with others (with the exception of teenagers). I think it's pretty common for adults to hide these activities from friends, lovers and spouses--isn't that part of the thrill? I wouldn't really look at RH keeping his sexting private as unusual behavior for a married person who choses to imbibe in *advertiser censored* or cheating types of activities. This particular lie is not one that cause me to want to suspect him of murder.

Having worked with "sex addicted" men in a religious setting, you're on the money Evie. The wives are always shocked, the men always promise to stop, and then a few months later another brown thing hits the fan. Really depressing. But being a compulsive, self-absorbed liar is not the same thing as being a killer.

One more thing while I'm thinking it- there are actually real victims of sexual abuse, assault, human trafficking, etc. in this world and they suffer beyond belief. It's not fair to them to say any young girl who sexts or lies about her age to join a dating site is a victim unless someone is forcing her to join in the first place. It doesn't help if we tell kids they aren't accountable for their sexually irresponsible actions because they never learn to own their own sexuality and sense of self.

Sure I feel sorry for the teen sexter and it was harsh to say I hope she feels nasty (so I take it back) but no one forced her to do anything.

First line to arrested spouse: Be quiet until the lawyer gets here. No matter what. Because EVERYTHING YOU SAY WILL BE USED AGAINST YOU. Literally. :):laughing:

I don't think LH was saying this to hide a conspiracy. I think she was saying it to remind her husband that they had both a tragedy and a massive legal problem on their hands. Act accordingly, right?

I've recently come around to agreeing with your point about the saying too much comment, especially after LH's friend tried to explain it away by saying that RH is known to be a “talker.” Taken that way I can see how LH would be afraid that RH could talk himself into a real jam.

The stumbling block for me though, is about the timing. Just a few short hours before, their son died in a horrific way, yet LH declined LE's offer to take her to see him and instead asked to see her husband. Meanwhile, RH is going on about losing his job, going to jail, walking around huffing himself up. No mention of Cooper. No tears for Cooper.

When you combine this with LH's insistence at the daycare that RH must have left Cooper in the car and that each of them searched hot car deaths independently it becomes difficult to accept that Cooper's death was an unfortunate accident.

The best I can say about these people is that they are incredibly cold parents. The worst I can say is they didn't expect LE to look all that closely at their electronic devices or question events all that closely and they got forced into having to explain some suspicious actions – actions that point to something more than an accident.

This case hinges on circumstantial evidence so it's not surprising that we're all over the place with our opinions. I'm strongly leaning towards believing that a crime has been committed. I also tend to believe that a lot is revealed in the early part of an investigation - that the truth leaks out through words and actions no matter how hard the persons involved try to disguise the facts. I see an awful lot of leaking here.

Wait. The married man and father who sexted is merely guilty of being a "schmuck", but the teen, the minor child he engage in this manner is guilty of being nasty? So he is less culpable, why, because he is a man? I mean who cares that he's much older than the child he sent sexts to, right? She's the nasty one. He just a schmuck. Not nasty himself. Not exploitative. Certainly not a murderer. Just a bit foolish?

What the heck is this about?

I'd like to point out that the teen has not been charged. Just poor, sad sack Ross.

One more thing while I'm thinking it- there are actually real victims of sexual abuse, assault, human trafficking, etc. in this world and they suffer beyond belief. It's not fair to them to say any young girl who sexts or lies about her age to join a dating site is a victim unless someone is forcing her to join in the first place. It doesn't help if we tell kids they aren't accountable for their sexually irresponsible actions because they never learn to own their own sexuality and sense of self.

Sure I feel sorry for the teen sexter and it was harsh to say I hope she feels nasty (so I take it back) but no one forced her to do anything.

How about a teen who agrees to meet a stranger she knows through the internet? How about if this stranger turns about to be 30, not 16? What if that 30 year old convinces the teen to engage in sex. Is she a victim? Has she been exploited? The law says yes.

It's the same concept here. This girl is too young to vote for a reason. Still under the control of her parents for a reason. Minors lack the cognitive ability to match a full grown adult when it comes to decision making, impulse control and understanding consequences.

She is a victim.

Wait. The married man and father who sexted is merely guilty of being a "schmuck", but the teen, the minor child he engage in this manner is guilty of being nasty? So he is less culpable, why, because he is a man? I mean who cares that he's much older than the child he sent sexts to, right? She's the nasty one. He just a schmuck. Not nasty himself. Not exploitative. Certainly not a murderer. Just a bit foolish?

What the heck is this about?

I'd like to point out that the teen has not been charged. Just poor, sad sack Ross.

Quoting because it deserves to be said again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michkrifred