Israel Keyes...and cemeteries

From the sister's post, IIRC she lives close to where I live, here in IN:

A few days later William was passing through Indiana and stopped at our house to preach to our youth group.

My guess is they joined some kind of sect or commune, here. Some are clustered around Amish communities in this area.

The whole post has a fundamentalist bent to it, references to Timothy and other books in the Bible which have references to srict obedience themes in it, and her worthiness with regards to following and abiding by those themes.

I can see where someone raised in that type of an isolated environment would have a worldview the rest of us would see as odd or out-of-sync with modern society.

In March 2011, my sisters and I went to Texas wanting to find some answers, knowing that we would get preaching. I believe it was the first day we arrived that I heard preaching, and I was more and more convinced that I was indeed lost. I started to see that the God I had believed in was not the God of the Bible. I had believed in the God of love but not the God who is just and holy, Who's angry every day with the wicked and who sends people to hell for eternity. Even though I knew the Bible taught these things, I was inclined to not dwell on them and rather, would brush it off, thinking, "Surely God will punish people as much as they deserve", thinking that that couldn't possibly mean torment for eternity.When I started to see this God of the Bible, I realized I didn't think it could be true and that I really hated God. I thought that if I was going to hell, most of the people I know must be going to hell too, and that was a revelation. I began to reckon with the God who made me and I didn't want to, yet I was propelled by a real fear, for the reality of hell was before me. I realized that if the Bible was true, these things had to be true, or all of Christianity was false and there was no truth in it. I was so distraught over how deceived I had been. I remember talking to my mother and telling her I was lost; she began to pray and in her prayer she said, "We love you Lord." I interrupted her prayer and said "NO we don't - it's not true, we don't know or love God". For the first time, I was seeing my lost condition and becoming a sinner.In God's mercy, He was showing me many scriptures that I knew condemned me. God's wrath and justice for sinners was starting to be revealed to me. I knew that if the Bible was true, I had to face up to the reality of hell.There are many souls in hell burning - sincere people, who thought they were right with God, are there, and that was where I was going. This made me so fearful, yet my wicked heart contended with God that it just could not be. I was sorely tempted at times in the midst of these contemplations to disbelieve God and the Bible altogether, but then the fear of judgment would drive me again to seek peace with God.

Now imagine growing up believing the above, and having to relate it to human sexuality, sexuality-related stuff beyond what the group preaches as being within their belief system, etc.

My time in Maine was covered with God's mercy; He continued to show me my pride. It was humbling to confess to people my lost condition. I went back home, and my sisters Sunshine and Hosanna were used much of God to share scripture with me. God was so merciful to me and started to show me my wicked heart: firstly, He revealed to me how I didn't want to seek God; I would rather be busied with earthly things than striving and seeking after God. He warned me with the words to Martha: "one thing is needful" (Luke 10:42).Secondly, I could see from the Word that I had to lay aside sin and sow in righteousness to reap in mercy (Hos 10:12); yet, the harder I tried the more desperate I became. One day I was very convicted by my sin of intemperance in eating; it seemed my whole self was drawn to food as a comfort. I had no power to be free from this and was crying out to the Lord in my distress: I just wanted to know if it was possible to have the victory and be freefrom sin. As I was walking home, a note card fell out of the song book I was carrying. I picked it up and read, "For sin shall not have dominion over you" (Romans 6). It seemed to be an encouragement from heaven, though I knew not how; yet, someday sin would not have dominion over me.God showed me my inability to repent. I started to pray, "turn thou me, and I shall be turned" (Jer. 31:18). "Lord incline me to repent, let me now my fall lament, deeply my revolt deplore, weep believe and sin no more" (Charles Wesley).He showed me my inability to believe. This song was quickened to me one day, especially verse 3 and 4: 1) Father I stretch my hands to thee no other help I know, if thou withdraw Thyself from me, ah, wither shall I go?2)What did Thy only Son endure before I drew my breath, what pains what labors to secure my soul from endless death!3) O, Jesus could I this believe I now should feel thy power, now my poor soul Thou would'st retrieve nor let me wait one hour.4)Author of faith to thee I lift my weary longing eyes, o, may I now receive that gift my soul without it dies

Reading through all this, imagine what her perception(s) of reality must be like.

Her post then goes on to describe another trip to TX, my guess is there's a connection between the group there and the group here in IN, which is by Harlan I think. I wonder if the TX group is connected to the family member who got married there, which I think is when IK last saw any family members. 2011-ish.

Where did the Keyes family originate from? I just find it interesting with all the moving around they had a property in Constable, NY, a stone's throw from the Canadian border. There are Amish in that general area, roughly along S.R. 37, I recall seeing Amish west of Ogdensburg on a trip coming back from Canada in 2007.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Night Stalker Ramirez who talked openly about his interest in the occult. Sleeping on graves. Sounds a little bit macabre. But whatever floats your canoe..

Police did say that they believe her assailant came in through the visitors parking lot. If it was Keyes, he would definitely have parked in the visitors parking lot, as he didn't go to school there. And also, Israel's MO was to make people he didn't know disappear. In the Koeing case, he just drove around to see which coffee stand was open the latest. It didn't actually have anything to do with her. Maybe he was walking around the campus looking for a target, and Suzie just happened to be there. Israel Keyes was a very careful planner when it came to the actual crime, but he was more of an opportunist when it came to the victims.

Thanks, I'd wondered about the cache in the North Country of NY. Definitely off the beaten path.

A question I have that has not been answered is what was his home of record when he went into the Army. He shipped out of Albany, however I don't know which town he was actually living in.

I believe he was living in Constable NY during that time period.

I was thinking he may have hidden some of his caches in cemeteries. I also get a bad feeling about the family. I wonder what happened that caused him to leave the family and his parents not allow his siblings to communicate with him. Wasn’t he 17 when this happened? I have so many questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SalmonElla
Back