Israel - Palestinian militants launch massive attack, 7 Oct 2023 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDF releases photos showing ground forces operating in the Gaza Strip.

1698602665262.png 1698602694197.png 1698602716406.png

***WARNING: EXTREMELY GRAPHIC PHOTOS***
Viewer discretion
Zip ties and electrical chords used to tie victims before they were murdered. Below are just a few of the horrific images documenting the brutality of Hamas terrorists on October 7th. Some of these bodies are still unidentifiable.
Israel ישראל on X: "Viewer discretion

"Thailand doesn't have anything (to do) with this conflict, but we got affected a lot," Pannabha Chandraramya, Thailand’s ambassador in Israel, told NBC News on Sunday. At least 24 Thai nationals were killed on Oct. 7, and at least 19 have been confirmed to have been taken hostage — with the number feared to be higher.

Much of Israel's agriculture sector relies on labor from Thai workers, with Chandraramya saying that at least 6,000 people, mostly workers, have already been evacuated. The goal is to evacuate as many as 30,000 people, with two to three flights running daily, she said.

As the war rages, Thailand's Embassy is racing to evacuate thousands of citizens, mostly agricultural workers, while it pushes for answers about the dozens of Thai nationals feared taken hostage by Hamas.

There is a family from my city who are trapped in Gaza. Their first visit to see family in 12 years and they got caught in the war and can't get out.
They don't seem to be blaming one side or another, they are just trying to stay alive. Fleeing from one place to another. Trying to access food. Trying to calm their two 7 and 10 year old children.

"One day we were at my in-law's and a warning came that the soccer ground across the street would be bombed," he said. "We had 15 minutes to evacuate".
We ran to the closest hospital, spent the night sleeping on the floor before the hospital was ordered to evacuate by the morning.

"At this time, we had to move south of Gaza City. We have no petrol to put in the car and we were told by the hospital staff that we had to walk out of the city – that's a 10-kilometre hike with elders, children and women."

"The children are petrified … they didn't sleep last night [Sunday] due to the heavy bombing and the fear that they may lose their parents at any moment."

The family is now moving from place to place in southern Gaza to stay alive.

8:05 pm

General in charge of home front: This war will be long, weeks or months

The head of the IDF Home Front Command, Maj. Gen. Rafi Milo, warns that the ongoing war in the Gaza Strip may last months, and that the economy will eventually need to reopen, even during the fighting.

“This war will be long, weeks or months,” says Milo at a press conference in the southern city of Ashkelon.

He says the Home Front Command conducts daily assessments to decide whether restrictions can be lifted.

“We look at the enemies’ abilities and intentions,” Milo says.

“Because it’s going to be a long war, the daily routine will slowly [return to normalcy]. The economy must open,” he says.

Milo adds that Home Front Command soldiers are stationed across the country to provide a sense of security for Israeli civilians, noting that “personal security and resilience” were harmed following the October 7 massacres.

So far at least 19 Rockets have been launched towards Northern Israel from Lebanon today with 3 towards the Town of Be'eri, 6 towards the City of Qiryat Shemona, and 10 towards the City of Nahariyya; a Majority of the Rockets were Intercepted or landed in Open-Areas however at least 2 Impacted several Homes in Qiryat Shemona causing Structural Damage.

A MQ-9A “Reaper” Attack and Surveillance Drone with the U.S. Air Force is currently Airborne over the Southern Gaza Strip.

This Drone and several others have been seen off the Coast of the Gaza Strip for the last 24-48 Hours though this appears to be the First Time that it has entered Israeli Airspace over Gaza.
View attachment 456741

I was wondering about that aircraft!

Israel-Hamas war live: WHO ‘deeply concerned’ by report of evacuation warning to Gaza’s al-Quds hospital (theguardian.com)
47m ago13.31 EDT

“We are going to move a standalone Israeli funding bill,” the US’s new House speaker Mike Johnson said in an interview on Fox News.

In a response to a question on separating Israeli aid from Ukrainian aid, Johnson said:

Our Republican colleagues in the Senate have a similar measure. We believe that that is a pressing and urgent need.
There are lots of things going on around the world that we have to address and we will but right now, what’s happening in Israel takes the immediate attention … We’ve got to separate that and get it through.

So I see a lot of people, leaders, countries, protests about Israel needing to stop the bombing because it's harming innocent civilians, but where are the people pleading for HAMAS to release hostages, stop sending rockets to Israel, and to surrender.. leave their tunnels and surrender so all their innocent civilians won't be killed because Israel isn't after civilians, they are after HAMAS and their tunnels and weapons. HAMAS has the power to end this so why isn't anyone on TV asking for them to surrender?
People are capable of both. I know I see both sides. Not popular I know. IMO JMO

People are capable of both. I know I see both sides. Not popular I know. IMO JMO
I understand this and I also feel for the Palestinian people, but I also think we can't expect Israel to just NOT respond while we ask nothing of HAMAS. As soon as we allow terrorists to do what they do and give them an out or look the other way, they might be coming after us and who we love the most next.

I just wish the pro-Palestinian group (well most of us are FOR Palestinians being free from HAMAS, but I mean the protestors and those yelling loudest in support of what HAMAS has done.. these 2 things are very different) would see that HAMAS is holding Palestinians hostage. They are essentially saying we are the only way you will be free. They are fighting "for" them, but are they? I don't think they are because their actions do not support that. If they truly would fighting FOR Palestinians they wouldn't be putting them in harms way over and over again. Palestinians are NOT free under HAMAS rule. I'd say they Israel is fighting FOR the Palestinians more than HAMAS is.

The risk of expanding Middle East conflict is real, US national security adviser says​

The US sees an "elevated risk" of a spillover conflict in the Middle East as Iranian proxies continue targeting American troops stationed in the region.

"We are vigilant, because we are seeing elevated threats against our forces throughout the region and an elevated risk of this conflict spreading to other parts of the region. We are doing everything in our power to deter and prevent that," US national security adviser Jake Sullivan said on CBS’ “Face the Nation” Sunday.

Last week, the US carried out airstrikes targeting two facilities linked to Iranian-backed militias in eastern Syria following a series of drone and rocket attacks against US forces in the region.

The airstrikes against the facilities linked to Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps and affiliated groups did not result in any casualties, the US assessed.

Asked about US strikes on Iranian proxies in the region, Sullivan said on ABC, “If attacks continue, we will respond, and I think the Iranians understand our message.”

“We, of course, are taking every measure necessary to protect our forces, to increase our vigilance and to work with other countries in the region to try to keep this conflict that is currently in Israel and Gaza from spinning out into a regional conflict,” Sullivan said. “But the risk is real, and therefore, vigilance is high, and the steps that we are taking to deter that and prevent that are serious, systematic and ongoing.”

13min ago

Flight from Israel to Russia’s Dagestan diverts as pro-Palestinian mob storms terminal

A flight from Israel to the Russian Republic of Dagestan earlier today was forced to divert from its intended destination in the capital of Makhachkala after pro-Palestinians protesters stormed the airport, seeking to attack the Israeli arrivals, according to multiple reports.

The plane landed at an alternate airport but there, too, faced riots, according to Channel 12. Passengers were instructed to remain inside the plane and riot police were called to the scene to protect them, the report says.

Footage showed a mob rampaging through an airport terminal after learning of the incoming flight.

Dagestan’s population is overwhelmingly Muslim. According to Channel 12, the crowd was apparently largely made up of Palestinian expats.

Live updates: Israel-Hamas war has entered a new stage, Netanyahu says (cnn.com)
24 min ago

Israeli airstrikes have caused extensive damage to Gaza hospital, aid organization says​

Israeli airstrikes have “caused extensive damage to hospital departments and exposed residents and patients to suffocation” at the Al-Quds Hospital, the Palestinian Red Crescent Society said Sunday.

The aid organization accused Israel of “deliberately” launching the airstrikes “directly next to Al-Quds Hospital, with the aim of forcing the medical staff, displaced people, and patients to evacuate the hospital.”

Videos from the Palestinian Red Crescent show dust clouding up hallways in the hospital, with some people trying to put on face masks. Other video obtained by CNN appears to show the aftermath of a strike, with a cloud of dust rising next to the hospital.

The director of Al-Quds Hospital, Dr. Bashar Mourad, told CNN the vicinity of the hospital had been targeted three times by Israeli airstrikes Sunday as of 4:45 p.m. local time (10:45 a.m. ET).

[...]

Earlier Sunday, the Palestinian Red Crescent had said it received a warning to immediately evacuate the hospital. The World Health Organization has said the order is impossible without endangering the lives of patients.

In response to questions about the evacuation warning and medical workers' response, Israel Defense Forces spokesperson Maj. Nir Dinar told CNN, "They received much more than two (warnings) for the last three weeks."

I understand this and I also feel for the Palestinian people, but I also think we can't expect Israel to just NOT respond while we ask nothing of HAMAS. As soon as we allow terrorists to do what they do and give them an out or look the other way, they might be coming after us and who we love the most next.

I just wish the pro-Palestinian group (well most of us are FOR Palestinians being free from HAMAS, but I mean the protestors and those yelling loudest in support of what HAMAS has done.. these 2 things are very different) would see that HAMAS is holding Palestinians hostage. They are essentially saying we are the only way you will be free. They are fighting "for" them, but are they? I don't think they are because their actions do not support that. If they truly would fighting FOR Palestinians they wouldn't be putting them in harms way over and over again. Palestinians are NOT free under HAMAS rule. I'd say they Israel is fighting FOR the Palestinians more than HAMAS is.
Bbm.
Well stated.
Esp. the bolded.
Omo.

Crazy scenes from the Makhachkala airport in Russia. At the end of the video in the linked tweet, the passengers are urged to get back inside the plane quickly. o_O

The crowd broke through the runway of Makhachkala airport and is looking for a “plane with Jews.”
People are crazy!
Backwards, stupid, crazy, conspiracy theorists......

9:00 pm

IDF says number of confirmed hostages held by Hamas rises to 239

IDF spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari says the military has so far notified the families of 239 hostages that their loved ones are being held in the Gaza Strip.

He says the number is not final as the military investigates new information.

“It’s an unfathomable number. There are foreign workers among the hostages, it takes us time to reach everyone’s families,” he says.

The number does not include four released hostages — mother and daughter Judith and Natalie Ra’anan on Friday night, and elderly women Yocheved Lifshitz and Nurit Cooper on Monday night.

He says the number of missing people whose fates are currently unknown currently stands at 40.

Crazy scenes from the Makhachkala airport in Russia. At the end of the video in the linked tweet, the passengers are urged to get back inside the plane quickly. o_O

The crowd broke through the runway of Makhachkala airport and is looking for a “plane with Jews.”
Is it me, or is it mostly young adult males in that riotous crowd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member