Jahi’s family wants her declared 'alive again’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have any source other than a tabloid zealot who writes books declaring brain death diagnosis is a concocted scheme to exploit organs for profit?

Dr. Machado is my source. And as far as I'm aware he has never advocated that brain death is a "scheme."

If you would read the article I linked, it clearly quotes Dr. Machado:

I must affirm that I am a defender that brain death means death of the human being, and it is a state with no hope of recovery. Moreover, I am a Corresponding Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology (AAN), and I consider that AAN Criteria for Brain Death Diagnosis represent one the most outstanding and reliable Guidelines in the world for confirming the diagnosis of brain death.

http://www.nationalreview.com/human...est-proves-jahi-not-brain-dead-wesley-j-smith

About EEGs and "artifacts"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroencephalography Electrical signals detected along the scalp by an EEG, but that originate from non-cerebral origin are called artifacts...common types of biological artifacts include:

Eye-induced artifacts (includes eye blinks, eye movements and extra-ocular muscle activity)
ECG (cardiac) artifacts
EMG (muscle activation)-induced artifacts
Glossokinetic artifacts

Artifacts due to electrical interference can be caused by cell phones ringing, televisions, radios, pagers, the movement of any charged body near the electrodes (such as someone walking across a room). Electrical interference can be greatly reduced by using a properly shielded room and shielding any offending power chargers. Electromagnetic interference can be dealt with by proper wiring of power cables.

Was that criteria met? I dunno but, I am assuming that an apartment is NOT a great place for such a crucial EEG to take place, in fact it sounds far from ideal.

Maybe interesting is the wrong word...because this certainly has been at least intriguing, if not interesting. Maybe, "credible"?

You are absolutely right. This has been interesting. I will change that to credible. We were expecting a "big reveal" and instead he exited stage left.

Interesting, yes I noticed that photo was of a store shelf but if you scroll down more there is another photo and that looked more likely to me to be Jahi's supplements, though I could be wrong.

Yes, mama did say the donations helped with the supplements.

As an aside, I have a nutritionist and she has me on the same brands (and some of the same products, per the second photo)... I assume some of her products are hormones, hormone regulators such as pregnenolone and DHEA etc. The hormone axis in her body very well could be working, even if brain dead, IF supplements are given to help regulate hormones. I assume she is on bioidentical hormone cream as well. Melatonin, etc.

That hormone axis that involves the brain? http://www.nature.com/nri/journal/v5/n3/fig_tab/nri1571_F1.html

jmo

Interesting, yes I noticed that photo was of a store shelf but if you scroll down more there is another photo and that looked more likely to me to be Jahi's supplements, though I could be wrong.

Yes, mama did say the donations helped with the supplements.

As an aside, I have a nutritionist and she has me on the same brands (and some of the same products, per the second photo)... I assume some of her products are hormones, hormone regulators such as pregnenolone and DHEA etc. The hormone axis in her body very well could be working, even if brain dead, IF supplements are given to help regulate hormones. I assume she is on bioidentical hormone cream as well. Melatonin, etc.

I had inquired about the bioidenticals. <modsnip> proclaimed 6 month ago that Jahi had "No pic lines, no catheters, no I.V, she maintains all her vitals on her own, no medicines needed. I am giving her lots of vitamins and fish oil thru her feeding tube". But I suspected that instead of "medicine" that she was just being dosed with some bioidenticals and other such supplements. I wonder why the hospital didn't provide them if it was the hospital that was advising them on this. I think (IMO) perhaps it was another source that was giving her the supplement advice.

I am still hung up on the statement by Dolan that Jahi was tested AT RUTGERS medical school. When and how did they transport Jahi's body to the medical school? Why didnt they do the tests while she was still in the hospital? Or did they?

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/10/06/...s-alive-and-awake-videos-show-her-responding/

I am astounded at the conversation here. There is something going on with her. She's the first documented "Brain Dead" person to have a menstrual cycle. I didn't see Dolan backing out today, I saw he wants the doctors and yes they are doctors despite what I have read here saying they are not to sit down and go over what they have found and seen since the first diagnosis. There was no blame. 5 have said she no longer meets the definition. From what I have seen and heard she doesn't.

"IF supplements are given to help regulate the hormones". Bioidentical hormones are absorbed through the skin. Melatonin can be given sublingually.

They are giving her body that which the brain can't regulate any more, because it is dead.

240.00 a WEEK of supplements is a TON of supplements, but it stands to reason that when a person is brain dead, medical personnel/mama/whoever will try to provide the body with everything normal through supplements, if the family wants to believe the child is alive and not dead.

I had inquired about the bioidenticals. Mama proclaimed 6 month ago that Jahi had "No pic lines, no catheters, no I.V, she maintains all her vitals on her own, no medicines needed. I am giving her lots of vitamins and fish oil thru her feeding tube". But I suspected that instead of "medicine" that she was just being dosed with some bioidenticals and other such supplements. I wonder why the hospital didn't provide them if it was the hospital that was advising them on this. I think (IMO) perhaps it was another source that was giving her the supplement advice.

It could be a nutritionist. Yup, seems like more smoke and mirrors... She isn't on medicine, she is on a "sheet" ton of supplements.

I am still hung up on the statement by Dolan that Jahi was tested AT RUTGERS medical school. When and how did they transport Jahi's body to the medical school? Why didnt they do the tests while she was still in the hospital? Or did they?

Some sources said she went to Rutgers to get the MRI last week (which I doubt) and some simply state the doctor from Rutgers evaluated the materials presented. Supposedly, that MRI is from March.

So I have no idea if/when she went to Rutgers, or if she never did go to Rutgers.

About EEGs and "artifacts"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electroencephalography Electrical signals detected along the scalp by an EEG, but that originate from non-cerebral origin are called artifacts...common types of biological artifacts include:

Eye-induced artifacts (includes eye blinks, eye movements and extra-ocular muscle activity)
ECG (cardiac) artifacts
EMG (muscle activation)-induced artifacts
Glossokinetic artifacts

Artifacts due to electrical interference can be caused by cell phones ringing, televisions, radios, pagers, the movement of any charged body near the electrodes (such as someone walking across a room). Electrical interference can be greatly reduced by using a properly shielded room and shielding any offending power chargers. Electromagnetic interference can be dealt with by proper wiring of power cables.

Was that criteria met? I dunno but, I am assuming that an apartment is NOT a great place for such a crucial EEG to take place, in fact it sounds far from ideal.

It may not be ideal but I'm also assuming that someone who completed post-doctorate training at Northwestern University's Neuroscience Institute knows how to properly administer an EEG.

I complete comprehensive evaluations through the use of psychological and neuropsychological assessment measures and psychophysiological diagnostic methods, such as EEG, qEEG, and ERP diagnostic tools to determine the individual needs of children and adolescents.

http://www.afgfamily.com/index.php?rmm=Meet the Staff

In the above link it stated in a declaration the MRI was done at Rutgers on 9-26-14.

http://www.lifenews.com/2014/10/06/...s-alive-and-awake-videos-show-her-responding/

I am astounded at the conversation here. There is something going on with her. She's the first documented "Brain Dead" person to have a menstrual cycle. I didn't see Dolan backing out today, I saw he wants the doctors and yes they are doctors despite what I have read here saying they are not to sit down and go over what they have found and seen since the first diagnosis. There was no blame. 5 have said she no longer meets the definition. From what I have seen and heard she doesn't.

Ph.D.s and M.D.s are NOT equal or equivalent.

Yes, despite the incredibly lame efforts to discredit highly distinguished experts, it is what it is and some court is going to have to take jurisdiction over the matter.

JMO

I work at a hospital and M.D. there stands for Doctor of Medicine. And Dr. Shewmon is quite respected as an expert on the brain.

Ph.D.s and M.D.s are NOT equal or equivalent.

Medical research is conducted by those with a Ph.D. and the clinical practice of medicine is done by M.D.s and they do collaborate. I have worked in a medical school/teaching hospital. The two degrees carry the same level of professional respect.

JMO

Well there's several things here that have been discussed at length, so most I won't continue discussing. But the one thing that really hasn't been is the questioning of the menstrual cycle...so let's explore that a little bit.

The menstrual cycle is governed by hormones in the body secreted or instructed by various organs, one of them being the pituitary gland. The pituitary gland secretes hormones which essentially instruct the ovaries to release an egg, and there's also the combined process of the uterus "cleaning" its self of it's lining when a successful fertilization of an egg has not been detected within the whole process. Knowing that a uterus will release its lining (the menses) even without the presence of an egg having ever been released by the ovaries, one can say that a full menstrual cycle has not actually occurred here with this brain dead corpse, without any documented credible evidence saying that the menses was fully examined to identify an unfertilized egg.

Next, we know that every hormone of the body has been artificially replicated and many people actually live their entire lives having received artificial injections of hormones in order to properly maintain the balance required within a body's chemistry to live and thrive, it can be said that with the absence of an entire pituitary gland - dead or alive - a menstrual cycle can be artificially maintained or even started by circulating artificial hormones normally supplied by the pituitary gland (and other organs).

Since we already know that they're bombarding the body with hundreds of dollars of store-bought vitamins, nutrients, chemicals, and yes, hormones, we can also possibly assume they're likely injecting it with essential hormones for a menstrual cycle to appear.

Dolan and his team are very careful about releasing information that supports their position, and holding back information that would invariably prove anything they say as being wrong or factually inconsistent. So, why not publish a list of every chemical or supplement they're providing the body artificially, along with their claim that the body has started a menstrual cycle? I don't need to argue the why here, because that's obvious: who in their right mind would deliberately discredit themselves on purpose by releasing all the facts, instead of just the ones that support their claims, especially when they're trying to convince a court of law? Attorneys are extremely adept at this intentional release of some evidence, and deliberately holding back of other facts.

To be an objective observer and opine on something, one cannot simply just blindly believe what one person tells them to be a fact. Consideration of ALL available and potential evidence is necessary in order to form a hypothesis, then theory, and finally a scientific fact.

Medical research is conducted by those with a Ph.D. and the clinical practice of medicine is done by M.D.s and they do collaborate. I have worked in a medical school/teaching hospital. The two degrees carry the same level of professional respect.

JMO

Yes and no.

Most physicians who do research are M.D.s and possibly M.D./Ph.D. They also run clinics and do surgery and all of that.

Many Ph.D.s teach school.

I suppose we could get into the nitty gritty of disciplines, but in my experience, having gone though medical school and residency and now private practice with my husband, ALL of the researchers he worked with at teaching institutions are, in fact, M.D.s

YMMV

I also don't know any professors (in my family) who would agree they are equal to a medical doctor.

But we don't really need this to be a contest here about who is right. Maybe we are both right.

But as I said, in MY knowledge of well-known and well-respected teaching hospitals, ALL the researchers were M.D.s and also worked a few days a week as medical doctor in a clinical and/or surgical setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592