GA James Marion Hegidio, 61, Vienna, 13 December 1982

renaebri

Reaction score
Website
mapthemissing.com

41819_293060.jpg
James Marion Hegidio was last seen on December 13, 1982. His blue 1977 Ford Thunderbird with Georgia license plate MMD667 may also be missing.

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: March 4, 1921
Race: White / Caucasian
Height: 5'-11" - (71 - inches)
Weight: 210 - lbs
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray
Eye Color: Hazel
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown if available
Fingerprints: Unknown if available
DNA: Unknown if available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Georgia Bureau Of investigation
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: (478) 987-4545
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 13-0239-25-83

NamUs Case Number: 41819
Namus

Very little info on this one, an obituary is posted online but there's a comment about his remains not being found. His vehicle is listed on Namus but I'm not sure if it's missing with him.
Hoping posting here you guys might have some more tactics to find that info.

Local news coverage at the time is fairly informative. Basically, he had a usual routine of getting up, driving to the post office to pick up their mail, going to the grocery store to pick up a newspaper, then to his wife's antique store to make sure all was well there before she arrive--she had had a few break-ins, and at one point had been tied up during a robbery. However, as far as they could determine, he never made it to the first stop. He was well known at both of the first two stops, and there were no tracks in the dirt parking lot at the antique store. He would also call his wife once he arrived to let her know all was well, and this lack of call was their first alert that he had disappeared. Per his brother, he had been having memory issues and "black-outs" in recent months, to the point that he no longer drove on the highway or very little outside of this specific routine. His car is still missing. They drained at least one lake, but I would be very suspicious that he became turned around and had some sort of accident, probably involving water.

Local news coverage at the time is fairly informative. Basically, he had a usual routine of getting up, driving to the post office to pick up their mail, going to the grocery store to pick up a newspaper, then to his wife's antique store to make sure all was well there before she arrive--she had had a few break-ins, and at one point had been tied up during a robbery. However, as far as they could determine, he never made it to the first stop. He was well known at both of the first two stops, and there were no tracks in the dirt parking lot at the antique store. He would also call his wife once he arrived to let her know all was well, and this lack of call was their first alert that he had disappeared. Per his brother, he had been having memory issues and "black-outs" in recent months, to the point that he no longer drove on the highway or very little outside of this specific routine. His car is still missing. They drained at least one lake, but I would be very suspicious that he became turned around and had some sort of accident, probably involving water.

Thank you so much! Those are extremely helpful, I've updated his case on my map.

Two of those reference a sighting by a gas station attendant in Pinehurst. But their home was said to be just south of Vienna and nobody seen him pass through there. I wonder if that's credible or maybe he fell into old habits due to his memory issues and took the interstate that morning.
That scenario was my guess too, there's plenty of water around.
Gonna do some digging through property stuff and see if I can find any addresses.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JasmineD