Japan: 9.0 Earthquake-Tsunami-Nuclear Reactor Developments #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if the workers just say,'the heck with this. I'm outta here"? What will happen? Will all the reactors just blow? How long can the workers just stay there and pour water on this thing. Won't the salt from the water eventually just deteriorate everything anyway? I pray for the poor people of Japan and all of mankind that is going to be effected.

I heard that rain is expected tomorrow which will stop the radiation from blowing around,but will bebad for the area near the plant as the radiation will sink into the ground.

Also,someone advised me if you can't find potassium iodine,that kelp from a healthfood store might be effective.

Fellow sleuthers-- I have been reading your comments and am very frightened and upset about what is happening. I am concerned for all living things on the Earth, and my prayers go to the Japanese people who are enduring an unimaginable horror.

This website -- World Nuclear News -- seems to has up-to-date information about contamination of the public as well as casualties, injuries and contamination of workers. I check it a few times a day.

from your link:

Opening the relief valve made injection possible again, but after a time pressure relief was again required. Injection has continued since that second venting operation but gauges still do not indicate that water levels are rising.

The Japan Atomic Industry Forum reported back statements from the Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency (NISA) saying that Tepco made a notification at 8.50pm that some fuel rods were presumed broken, based on radiation detected.

I am going to copy the last couple pages of posts to a new thread. So keep that in mind when posting.
This will just take a few minutes so hang on.

Potassium Iodide Runs Low as Americans Seek It Out

the rest at Wall Street Journal link above

lol, not to worry.........look what I found:

If no tablets available, you can topically (on the skin) apply an iodine solution, like tincture of iodine or Betadine, for a similar protective effect. (WARNING: Iodine solutions are NEVER to be ingested or swallowed.) For adults, paint 8 ml of a 2 percent tincture of Iodine on the abdomen or forearm each day, ideally at least 2 hours prior to possible exposure. For children 3 to 18, but under 150 pounds, only half that amount painted on daily, or 4 ml. For children under 3 but older than a month, half again, or 2 ml. For newborns to 1 month old, half it again, or just 1 ml. (One measuring teaspoon is about 5 ml, if you don't have a medicine dropper graduated in ml.) If your iodine is stronger than 2%, reduce the dosage accordingly. Absorption through the skin is not as reliable a dosing method as using the tablets, but tests show that it will still be very effective for most. Do not use if allergic to iodine.

http://www.ki4u.com/guide.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members