Jason Young arrested and charged with murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have only just caught up with this great news. :clap:

Michelle's murder was horrific so this news must be such a relief to her family.

'

This is GREAT News...Justice at last for Michelle...Great Xmas present for the Family...

What to expect now ?

I went back and looked at husband killer, Ann Miller to see how her case progressed in Wake County.

9-28-04..After 4 years, she was arrested and charged with 1st degree

11-16-04...DA says no DP (victims family was consulted)

12-13-04..Bond hearing. Judge Stephens set at $3mm

12-13-04...both sides discussed trial schedule. Speedy trial ?
They decided there was so much evidence, 1/2006 was the earliest.

1-5-05 ...defense asked judge to reduce bond to $300k...he refused

11-7-05.... trial date was set for 1-16-06

11-8-05...DA accepts a plea deal for 2nd degree murder...25 years.
Ann was required to admit her crime and the victim's family were allowed to speak to her in open court.
You can only imagine what was said to her
wink.gif

====================================================
Judge Stephens set Ann Miller's bond at $3mm and Brad Cooper's at $2mm.
Look for Jay to get $3mm (assuming no DP...in which case there is no bond)

Here is what Pat and the 'clan' will need to come up with....

15% cash ($450k) is required and is NONREFUNDABLE.
You will also need to line up numerous bondsmen, as no single one can or will spring for that amount.
Option #2 is to attach $3mm worth of property for the full amount...bypassing a bondsman and handling direct through the clerk.

Jason Young's next court appearance will be Thursday, 3-18-10

A Superior Court judge signed an order Thursday afternoon setting the date for what is called a Rule 24 hearing. That is the time that prosecutors tell the court whether they will seek the death penalty. The DA will need to argue there was at least one 'aggravating circumstance' in order for the judge to rule the state can proceed with the death penalty.

Was the murder especially heinous, atrocious, cruel or depraved ?

In NC, first-degree murder is punishable by either the death penalty or life in prison without parole.
My answer is "yes" to all of the above questions. She was bludgeoned in her own bedroom, with her little girl nearby and poor little Cassidy later was found with her mom's blood on her. Does subjecting this poor child to being with her mom's body for hours qualify? At least, imo, it does. Not to mention that Michelle was pregnant, even though that still doesn't mean anything here, unfortunately. :furious: MOO

I've been involved in a personal matter and just learned today that the (and that's what he looks like presently) has finally been arrested!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I've been involved in a personal matter and just learned today that the (and that's what he looks like presently) has finally been arrested!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hi Jilly, MERRY CHRISTMAS !! Isn't this great news, finally !! I hope you're doing better and that you still have family and/or friends close by. Take care of yourself and hang in there, girl !!
At least there's been THIS bright spot, I bet that took you by surprise as it did me, huh? YAY WAKE CO !!!!!! :woohoo:

Wonder how Jason enjoyed his first Christmas in jail? :waitasec:

:loser:

Well, actually, I really don't care if he liked it or not. I hope (and expect) it will be the first of many.

Well, actually, I really don't care if he liked it or not. I hope (and expect) it will be the first of many.

wonder how turkey dinner was

Is he in general pop??? yet????
Hope so, he is a baby killer, inmates don't take kind to that kind of murderer!

O/T My poor neighbor spent all Christmas day working at our prison. He is LE.
Away from his little ones.............arggghhhhh, think of our men in any service over the holidays that try to keep us safe!!!!

me bad........hope someone spit on his food! and he is treatd BAD!

I want to get on his mailing list so I can send him a letter every week. It goes something like this:

"Jason Young: I don't think that would ever happen. I think you are being extremely dramatic and very unrealistic. Your whole world is based on the people yu know and who know about this situation. You spend your days on the interent going into chatrooms where you know you're not going to find anything good written about the situation, but in time, things will die down. Most people out there don't know one thing about any of this. Your are right. I am here in Brevard, but in little old Brevard there was a big article written about this and you know how a small town talks. Still though, the majority of folks have no idea and that amount will continue to decrease with time."

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/02/10/4508366/20090210114743620.pdf

He's right about one thing - once he is convicted and either sits on death row or in a cell for life without parole - no one is gonna give a rat's butt about him except the 5 or 6 people in Brevard who pretended they knew nothing and didn't care if they did. I find it quite amusing that he wasnt the least bit worried about LE forgetting about "this situation".

Merry Christmus Jason - you really got the best present this year. Exactly what you deserve.

That's one pic worth a million words.
Thanks. :)

Thanks for the photo Snowshuze, That is Meredith, right? :waitasec: I must say I didn't recognize her right away but she has turned into a lovely lady. I am impressed. Definite poise, a depth to her and seemingly gives out a radience worthy of what Michelle had in her short life.

This will be the year of Justice for Michelle and babe. We wondered if it would ever come to pass, right, sitting on the edge of our seats like we did. It was a remarkable case for one thing because of how tightly info was held to the vest by LE. Almost unprecedented I think, and one I often use as an example when posters get a bit rambunctious with 'no news' in other cases.

Merry Christmas Dear Friends, and I extend that to all of Michelle's family, to all the lurkers here who have followed her case and to those who kept Michelle's thread alive when there was not much to say except give it a big BUMP. It has all been from the heart.

XOX

I want to get on his mailing list so I can send him a letter every week. It goes something like this:

"Jason Young: I don't think that would ever happen. I think you are being extremely dramatic and very unrealistic. Your whole world is based on the people yu know and who know about this situation. You spend your days on the interent going into chatrooms where you know you're not going to find anything good written about the situation, but in time, things will die down. Most people out there don't know one thing about any of this. Your are right. I am here in Brevard, but in little old Brevard there was a big article written about this and you know how a small town talks. Still though, the majority of folks have no idea and that amount will continue to decrease with time."

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/02/10/4508366/20090210114743620.pdf

He's right about one thing - once he is convicted and either sits on death row or in a cell for life without parole - no one is gonna give a rat's butt about him except the 5 or 6 people in Brevard who pretended they knew nothing and didn't care if they did. I find it quite amusing that he wasnt the least bit worried about LE forgetting about "this situation".

Merry Christmus Jason - you really got the best present this year. Exactly what you deserve.

Yep, his dream of 'playing the field' and "moving on" with his new found million, turned into his worst nightmare.:Jumpie:

Hi Jilly, MERRY CHRISTMAS !! Isn't this great news, finally !! I hope you're doing better and that you still have family and/or friends close by. Take care of yourself and hang in there, girl !!
At least there's been THIS bright spot, I bet that took you by surprise as it did me, huh? YAY WAKE CO !!!!!! :woohoo:

Thanks jd!:blowkiss: This has been the best news EVER!!!!!! I was convinced like many others on day 1 that jason did it. I have prayed every nite since, that if he did, he would be charged and convicted. Half my prayers have been answered!
HUGE "bright spot" in my life, I tell ya!!! I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw it in print!

As bad as I feel, I get GREAT pleasure in thinking of him in jail!!

Additional warrants obtained in the case agains Jason - more requests for emails and text messages on Dec 31.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/263555.html

RALEIGH -- Wake County investigators want to search text messages from the cell phone of Jason Lynn Young, the man accused of murdering his pregnant wife in 2006 in their home south of Raleigh. In search warrant documents filed in Wake County court this week, investigators said evidence gathered over the three-year investigation of the Michelle Young homicide showed numerous calls and texts from Jason Young's cell phone in the hours before his wife's lifeless body was found.

Additional warrants obtained in the case agains Jason - more requests for emails and text messages on Dec 31.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/crime_safety/story/263555.html

RALEIGH -- Wake County investigators want to search text messages from the cell phone of Jason Lynn Young, the man accused of murdering his pregnant wife in 2006 in their home south of Raleigh. In search warrant documents filed in Wake County court this week, investigators said evidence gathered over the three-year investigation of the Michelle Young homicide showed numerous calls and texts from Jason Young's cell phone in the hours before his wife's lifeless body was found.

THREE VERY LONG YEARS! hope someone tells Josh Powell.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
#MadMax210