Jason Young to get new trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obscured purposely by whom? The jurors heard what they heard and I've yet seen anything that indicates the jury or the news media attending the trial heard it.

I'll continue to believe MF told cops and others that CY said it but whether CY actually said it seems to be in dispute.

JMO

MF didn't tell anyone about hearing that in the call. Posters closely following the case heard it and IIRC one of them even enhanced the tape and it was very audible.

;) No pleases issued, but I found this on YT-

(Around 2:19 I DO hear CY say something that sounds like "Daddy did It", I will have to get out the earbuds and really listen though. I also stopped at that point, not listened to the rest).

911 call: Meredith Fisher - YouTube

I should add that this looks like video posted by someone pro JY, at least from the text I have seen inserted so far, FWIW.

Me thinks y'all are hearing what you want to hear. I hear "dadda doo doo".

Sent from your mom's smartphone

Yes, some of the folks back when it was first made available, also said they heard, "Daddy do it," and some heard, "Daddy did it." And it does sound, to me, like it could be either one. It is hard to be sure.

MF didn't tell anyone about hearing that in the call. Posters closely following the case heard it and IIRC one of them even enhanced the tape and it was very audible.

A lot of people followed the case closely but that doesn't make the words of Cassidy Young any clearer. However, it was in the last trial that all doubts were erased when the court announced the call was its in entirety, and nothing left out.
And, if some people hear it and some don't, thats fine too.But, more than any words that Cassidy said or didn't say, was her reaction to seeing her father that nite. It was testified in court by Meredith Fisher that she was not at all afraid of him.
That would have had much meaning if she had recoiled in fear at the sight of him again, or if she screamed "Why did you hurt Mommy"or, "Get Daddy away from me".

I think we ALL hear what we want to hear...yes?

ETA- And please note I said "sounds like", and that I would have to get the ear buds out later and really listen.

I think we ALL hear what we want to hear...yes?

ETA- And please note I said "sounds like", and that I would have to get the ear buds out later and really listen.

Not you in particular, but others have stated that "she clearly says 'daddy did it'"

And a quick note about three year olds, I was over at a friend's house, and his three year old son ran up to me, held my hand and called yelled daddy. It was pretty funny, but sometimes kids that young have a hard time distinguishing between people.

Also, I would like to point out that CY never said her daddy did it, and at day care, when she was playing with dolls, she had a female doll portray the attacker.

That's all I hear. Which is why I'll continue to believe Meredith told cops CY said it but there is no proof backing up the claim.

If it had actually been heard on the call it would have been admitted at trial as an "excited utterance" just as her play chatter at daycare was entered as evidence.

JMO

Not you in particular, but others have stated that "she clearly says 'daddy did it'"

iirc, for several years prior to JY's arrest, there was quite a campaign on a number of other message forums to insist CY said it and therefore Jason was guilty.

imo, if CY had said it, the prosecution would have entered it as an "excited utterance" at the first trial and there would have been no desperate need to resort to using the daycare workers at the second trial.

I hope at the next trial one or the other side is going to provide an expert analysis of the entire 911 call.

JMO

It "sounds like"...which is why I don't think it was admissible and why it was never taken further than message boards. That was not what, IMO, convinced me that he did it.

It "sounds like"...which is why I don't think it was admissible and why it was never taken further than message boards. That was not what, IMO, convinced me that he did it.

Well, the gas mileage, with receipts, was the first thing that told me he couldn't have done it.

The "strange things" at the hotel can't really be attributed to him. I used to smoke and prop doors open with rocks at hotels. The security camera had someone else's fingerprints and DNA. The hotel clerk or whoever hung the paper on his door would've noticed his door was ajar in the morning while he was supposedly on his drive back.

CY was removed from the scene and cleaned off. I don't see any other explanation for this. No blood was found in the drains at the house. Her pajamas were remarkably clean, yet chemically tested positive for blood. This suggests to me that they were cleaned, even though it's never stated at trial either way. Missing diaper for ten hours, she didn't go to the bathroom in those ten hours at the house, or else she would've stepped in blood again. This doesn't fit in with the timeline.

The gas station attendant. She doesn't even make sense. She was shown JY's photo, and no one else's. Her ID is contaminated right there. She also stated he was slightly taller and had thinning hair. Not to mention her brains left her skull and had to be reattached, and she's had cognitive problems ever since. The other part that doesn't make sense, why would JY make a scene at a gas station and ruin his meticulously planned murder? Why wouldn't he fill up the gas tank? He had to be pretty close to empty by this point.

The unidentified DNA on the jewellery box, the two different unidentified sets of DNA on the cigarette butts, and the unidentified hair found in MY's hand. On top of that, the unidentified blood with DNA found on the shoe in the closet where MY's body was laying.

The vehicle with a male and female in the driveway at an hour JY couldn't have possibly been there.

What definitive evidence is there that he did it?

He couldn't provide his shoes he no longer owned? I toss shoes after a year, and the murder happened longer than a year since they were purchased.

Edit: and for such a brutal, bloody murder, how did JY end up without a scratch on him? How did he not get any blood in his car?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The 911 call WAS admissible at trial. It did come in.

It is up to a jury to decide what something "sounds like" to them. But in this case, it was never suggested to the jury that what they heard "sounds like" anything at all. I was surprised so many on message boards wanted to insist they heard something yet it was never introduced as existing at trial.

Well, the gas mileage, with receipts, was the first thing that told me he couldn't have done it.

The "strange things" at the hotel can't really be attributed to him. I used to smoke and prop doors open with rocks at hotels. The security camera had someone else's fingerprints and DNA. The hotel clerk or whoever hung the paper on his door would've noticed his door was ajar in the morning while he was supposedly on his drive back.

CY was removed from the scene and cleaned off. I don't see any other explanation for this. No blood was found in the drains at the house. Her pajamas were remarkably clean, yet chemically tested positive for blood. This suggests to me that they were cleaned, even though it's never stated at trial either way. Missing diaper for ten hours, she didn't go to the bathroom in those ten hours at the house, or else she would've stepped in blood again. This doesn't fit in with the timeline.

The gas station attendant. She doesn't even make sense. She was shown JY's photo, and no one else's. Her ID is contaminated right there. She also stated he was slightly taller and had thinning hair. Not to mention her brains left her skull and had to be reattached, and she's had cognitive problems ever since. The other part that doesn't make sense, why would JY make a scene at a gas station and ruin his meticulously planned murder? Why wouldn't he fill up the gas tank? He had to be pretty close to empty by this point.

The unidentified DNA on the jewellery box, the two different unidentified sets of DNA on the cigarette butts, and the unidentified hair found in MY's hand. On top of that, the unidentified blood with DNA found on the shoe in the closet where MY's body was laying.

The vehicle with a male and female in the driveway at an hour JY couldn't have possibly been there.

What definitive evidence is there that he did it?

He couldn't provide his shoes he no longer owned? I toss shoes after a year, and the murder happened longer than a year since they were purchased.

Edit: and for such a brutal, bloody murder, how did JY end up without a scratch on him? How did he not get any blood in his car?

Good questions and you've summed it up well. I think in his testimony the shoe representative admitted the shoes was of a less expensive quality than usually sold under the HP brand. Cops totally ignored an abundance of foreign DNA in evidence in this case.

The 911 call WAS admissible at trial. It did come in.

It is up to a jury to decide what something "sounds like" to them. But in this case, it was never suggested to the jury that what they heard "sounds like" anything at all. I was surprised so many on message boards wanted to insist they heard something yet it was never introduced as existing at trial.

Yes, but claiming "Daddydidit" wasn't.........

A lot of people followed the case closely but that doesn't make the words of Cassidy Young any clearer. However, it was in the last trial that all doubts were erased when the court announced the call was its in entirety, and nothing left out.
And, if some people hear it and some don't, thats fine too.But, more than any words that Cassidy said or didn't say, was her reaction to seeing her father that nite. It was testified in court by Meredith Fisher that she was not at all afraid of him.
That would have had much meaning if she had recoiled in fear at the sight of him again, or if she screamed "Why did you hurt Mommy"or, "Get Daddy away from me".

CY was two years old. As her mother lay there bloody, beaten and dead, CY jabbered on about boo boos and wash cloths and whatever else she was saying. She did not understand the situation. She was two!

However, when asked by MF "do you know what happened to Mommy?," the first word out of CY's mouth was "Daddy." It's as clear as can be. What were the words that followed "daddy"? "Did it"? "Do it"? Regardless, although CY could not testify in court, it is fact, captured on audio, of her response to the question about what happened to mommy. It's yet another piece of evidence along with so many others.

*Respectfully Snipped*

I think you may be in the minority on this one.
Well made shoes can last a very long time.
I do not know many people who toss their shoes yearly!

Not picking at you if YOU do, but to think this is the norm is a bit off, IMO.

*Respectfully Snipped*

I think you may be in the minority on this one.
Well made shoes can last a very long time.
I do not know many people who toss their shoes yearly!

Not picking at you if YOU do, but to think this is the norm is a bit off, IMO.

Well, I own three to four pairs of shoes at a time. Casual, my daily everywhere shoes, Running, Casual dress, and dress. Casual and running will last 6-8 months. Casual dress, maybe a year. Dress, that I hardly wear, maybe longer, but I don't have a job that I need to suit up daily for.
So, for me, it's not unreasonable to dispose of shoes after a year. And if those were his daily shoes, maybe even less time.

CY was two years old. As her mother lay there bloody, beaten and dead, CY jabbered on about boo boos and wash cloths and whatever else she was saying. She did not understand the situation. She was two!

However, when asked by MF "do you know what happened to Mommy?," the first word out of CY's mouth was "Daddy." It's as clear as can be. What were the words that followed "daddy"? "Did it"? "Do it"? Regardless, although CY could not testify in court, it is fact, captured on audio, of her response to the question about what happened to mommy. It's yet another piece of evidence along with so many others.

She could've just been mixing up her consonants. She said something like "dadda doo doo Mommy has boo boos all over"
If it wasn't admissible at court, it's really a moot point.

1) LE has access to the most advanced technical enhancement equipment possible, why would they need assistance from anyone on how to do their job.
2) If CY said those words, I doubt LE would have handed her back over to her father.
3) Her words could have been enough for an arrest or probable cause.
4) That reminds me, after reading some old posts, why wasn't Gracie Bailey's eyewitness account, enough for an immediate arrest either?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal