Circumstances​

Date of Last Contact October 9, 1969
NamUs Case Created August 18, 2022

Last Known Location Map

Location Phoenix, Arizona 85004
County Maricopa County
Missing From Tribal Land No
Primary Residence on Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Disappearance On 10/9/69 Jennifer Guyn was last seen leaving a church in Mesa in her car. She was traveling to her apartment in Phoenix. Her vehicle was later found abandoned in Phoenix.

Physical Description​

Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Curly
Left Eye Color Blue
Right Eye Color Blue
Eye Description Wore glasses

Distinctive Physical Features​

Other distinctive physical characteristic
Wore glasses

Guyn was last seen driving away from the First Christian Church in the 800 block of North Country Club Drive in Mesa, Arizona on October 9, 1969. She was en route to her apartment in Phoenix, Arizona, but never arrived there. She was supposed to have dinner with her roommate that night, but never kept the appointment. She has never been heard from again.
Her dark blue 1968 Volkswagen was abandoned in a parking lot in the 3600 block of North 52nd Street in Phoenix. Authorities determined it was parked there sometime on October 10.
On October 13, an unidentified man using a fictitious name called a towing service and said the Volkswagen was his and had broken down, and asked that it be picked up. The towing company stored the call until October 28, then notified the police about it. The car was, in fact, in operable condition.
When the police got her car, her diary and address book were inside it. According to authorities, sometimes the diary entries were in neat writing, but other times the handwriting was messy and illegible as if Guyn was upset about something. They stated she had many friends and acquaintances who confided in her about their problems, and she may have been upset about their issues.
At the time of her disappearance, Guyn was a music major at Arizona State University, a choir leader at First Christian Church, and a piano teacher at Ricketts Music Studio. She had only $10 in cash on her on the day when she went missing, and she left behind all her clothing and personal belongings. Her case remains unsolved.

What do you think about this UID found in FL 3 weeks later with an estimated PMI of 2 days?

Estimated height/weight - 5’9”, 130
Brown Hair
Brown eyes (Jennifer’s eyes listed as blue)

1667329811078.jpeg1667330635095.jpeg

I think she could be this Jane Doe found about 2 months later, despite clothing not lining up and the height being two inches off. They don't seem to be all too certain about her height anyways. While there is no sketch on NamUs, other on her thread were able to dig up a sketch from newspaper articles. While Jane Doe wasn't wearing glasses like Jennifer, glasses are an accessory that can easily be thrown away. I wish we had a better idea on when this poor woman died.
Original
Jane Doe 1969.jpg
Maricopa County Jane Doe (1969) UP89934Jennifer Eileen Guyn MP94461
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age17 - 2323
DLC/DODUnknownOctober 9, 1969
Height5' - 5'55'7
WeightUnknown145 pounds
Hair ColorUnknownBrown hair
Eye ColorUnknownBlue eyes
Distinctive FeaturesNone/UnknownWears glasses.
DistancePhoenix - Aguila92 miles

I think she could be this Jane Doe found about 2 months later, despite clothing not lining up and the height being two inches off. They don't seem to be all too certain about her height anyways. While there is no sketch on NamUs, other on her thread were able to dig up a sketch from newspaper articles. While Jane Doe wasn't wearing glasses like Jennifer, glasses are an accessory that can easily be thrown away. I wish we had a better idea on when this poor woman died.
Original
View attachment 415830
SexFemaleFemale
Age17 - 2323
Height5' - 5'55'7
WeightUnknown145 pounds
I think they have very similar eyes. I'm also not sure the clothing is off. It could be she was wearing a skirt and top that looked like a dress. The color isn't far off.

I think they have very similar eyes. I'm also not sure the clothing is off. It could be she was wearing a skirt and top that looked like a dress. The color isn't far off.
That's true about the clothing. Especially with the skirt. The Doe was found in the Arizona desert so the color may have slightly distorted or had gotten dirty.

Original
View attachment 415830
SexFemaleFemale
Age17 - 2323
Height5' - 5'55'7
WeightUnknown145 pounds
I think they are not completely sure about Jenny's eye color. In the newspaper clipping (#4) it's stated that she has brown eyes. In the Charley Project file there is blue/brown. That said I think this Jane Doe might be a possible. Sadly, they seem to have never done an autopsy on this Jane Doe, so there are basically no "conclusive" stats, only estimates.

1681992506511.png

I searched for her grave site, but I'm not sure it is even on Find a Grave. There is one Jane Doe who died on December 31,, but she is buried in Sonoma County, so not this Jane Doe? Jane Doe (unknown-1969) - Find a Grave Memorial

I wonder if the car was found near her apartment-address or some other relevant place in her life. Did somebody find where that was? Who knows...she might have changed her clothes.

Last edited:
I think they are not completely sure about Jenny's eye color. In the newspaper clipping (#4) it's stated that she has brown eyes. In the Charley Project file there is blue/brown. That said I think this Jane Doe might be a possible. Sadly, they seem to have never done an autopsy on this Jane Doe, so there are basically no "conclusive" stats, only estimates.

View attachment 415933

I searched for her grave site, but I'm not sure it is even on Find a Grave. There is one Jane Doe who died on December 31,, but she is buried in Sonoma County, so not this Jane Doe? Jane Doe (unknown-1969) - Find a Grave Memorial

I wonder if the car was found near her apartment-address or some other relevant place in her life. Did somebody find where that was? Who knows...she might have changed her clothes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl
Back