Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachay Breakup?

kato said:
Get a load of this crap! The WB network is working on a new show for next year that will star Nick as a baseball player navigating a new marriage. What kind of hypocrisy is that?
Just wondering....don't shoot me! :p I'm cynical now about celebrities!

Could the "breakup" be a publicity stunt to boost the audience numbers for Nick's new show?

IdahoMom said:
Just wondering....don't shoot me! :p I'm cynical now about celebrities!

Could the "breakup" be a publicity stunt to boost the audience numbers for Nick's new show?

OMG, I thought the same exact thing!! Great minds Idaho. :)

Jeana (DP) said:
I gotta say to put me on the don't give a chit list. The sheer idea of this making news in and of itself makes me want to puke. :confused: :doh:
You sound like my husband!! :)

Jeana (DP) said:
I gotta say to put me on the don't give a chit list. The sheer idea of this making news in and of itself makes me want to puke. :confused: :doh:

Ditto times three. And, why are they importent? :banghead:

One thing that annoys me about celebs is the amount of money they waste pursing their own happiness.
I like celebs that give, instead of just take.
Jessica was no exception, she bought a Louis Vatton (spelt wrong) bag that cost like $2000 for her dog!! Just because one day the little doggy jumped in one of her bags, she decided it should have it's own.
For god's sake, she would have been a better person if she gave that money away to someone who so desperately needs it.

narlacat said:
One thing that annoys me about celebs is the amount of money they waste pursing their own happiness.
I like celebs that give, instead of just take.
Jessica was no exception, she bought a Louis Vatton (spelt wrong) bag that cost like $2000 for her dog!! Just because one day the little doggy jumped in one of her bags, she decided it should have it's own.
For god's sake, she would have been a better person if she gave that money away to someone who so desperately needs it.
In my opinion, it's her money to do with it what she wants. She earned it. Besides, who knows how much she has given to charity?

IdahoMom said:
In my opinion, it's her money to do with it what she wants. She earned it. Besides, who knows how much she has given to charity?

They just said on Entertainment Tonight that in the 3 years of their marriage, Jessica earned well over 35 million. They said Nick earned very little - probably the money they got from the MTV thing - which I doubt was all that much. Jessica has the movie, album sales, tour money and her line of cosmetics, etc. Seems if she wants to spend a little of it - more power to her!

They also speculated that it would be one messy divorce as there was no pre-nup.... OUCH!

JMO, but I loved the show...I loved her ditzy "act?" and the way he seemed to adore her. *sigh* It was comic relief for me and helped me not think about the bad stuff everywhere in the world. I'll probably get smacked for this :truce: but....*nervous look* I think Nick should get something because he seemed to be the domestic one and took care of things....heck he even did her MASSIVE laundry! :D
Jules said:
They just said on Entertainment Tonight that in the 3 years of their marriage, Jessica earned well over 35 million. They said Nick earned very little - probably the money they got from the MTV thing - which I doubt was all that much. Jessica has the movie, album sales, tour money and her line of cosmetics, etc. Seems if she wants to spend a little of it - more power to her!

They also speculated that it would be one messy divorce as there was no pre-nup.... OUCH!

T'sNana said:
JMO, but I loved the show...I loved her ditzy "act?" and the way he seemed to adore her. *sigh* It was comic relief for me and helped me not think about the bad stuff everywhere in the world. I'll probably get smacked for this :truce: but....*nervous look* I think Nick should get something because he seemed to be the domestic one and took care of things....heck he even did her MASSIVE laundry! :D

Oh, I wasn't saying he shouldn't get anything - they live in California - he'll get half of what they earned while married. I was just stating that she made the bulk of the money.

No problem....I didn't take that you were saying that...just giving an observation. :blowkiss:
Jules said:
Oh, I wasn't saying he shouldn't get anything - they live in California - he'll get half of what they earned while married. I was just stating that she made the bulk of the money.

IdahoMom said:
I agree. It's nobody's business how she spends her money. She can burn it for all I care because she earned it.

She probably doesn't have to spend a lot of her own money on big ticket items, such as a Louis Vuitton purse. Celebs are the few people who can spend lavishly on such expensive items but they get a lot of that stuff free. :mad:

kato said:
Not that I really care about either one of them but that's kinda chitty.
Not that's it's my business but that is pretty crappy :(

I was at the store last night and all over the front pages of the mags it says that she's pregnant. What gives???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
keithstarr
Back