Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #24 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm - What's lead you to feel that way? Was it her dramatic solo performance the last two days or this trial overall or past cases?
Her "performance" didn't impress me at all. I know what she is. From what I understand, even admitting that she killed him - if it is believed that she did it in "self defense", she could go free...

That's what leads me to feel this way. There is no justice in the system.

We've already seen a few outrageous miscarriages of justice. If they are to become the norm, I'm no longer interested in following stupid shenanigans.

moo

Vinnie games? Huh? I've been here a long time. This takes the cake.

NIght all.

can anyone fill me in on where her testimony ended today?

( I was at the library for the PPL testimony but then left and have not caught up and am not so excited about reliving the drivel.. I just need the cut to the chase, if you will. tia)

Was that "our" Katie on Dr. Drew tonight? She is beautiful!

felony murder
: a murder that occurs in the commission of a serious felony (as burglary or sexual battery) compare misdemeanor-manslaughter at manslaughter NOTE: Felony murder is usually considered first-degree murder. Felony murder does not require specific intent to kill, and an accessory to the felony may also be charged with the murder.

first-degree murder
: a murder that is committed with premeditation or during the course of a serious felony (as kidnapping) or that otherwise (as because of extreme cruelty) requires the most serious punishment under the law

BBM - Is JA charged with two different charges or are they one in the same as the note says?

Hopefully someone with more legal knowledge can weigh in but I think it's one count and the jury can find her guilty of first-degree through either option (felony murder and/or premeditated). They don't all have to agree, either. It could be 3/9, 6/6 etc.

eta: I'm looking at the Indictment which lists
1 count
First degree murder
A Class 1 Dangerous Felony
(Premeditated Murder)
(Jodi Ann Arias)
OR in the Alternative
First degree murder
A Class 1 Dangerous Felony
(Felony Murder)
(Jodi Ann Arias)

also: were you peeps BAD on the last thread? I heard about that! :nurse:

I didn't find Websleuths yet... I was still over at the old Court TV message boards and watching court TV. I joined during the trial but this board kept crashing or I was unable to get in because too many people were here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came her and was a lurker for two years before fca (and f does nor mean felon for me :floorlaugh:

It was so great to have the websleuths chat room, especially when ithreads but not chat crashed a few times including the verdict.

Earlier I looked at names online down at the bottom of thread, and saw so many familiar names!
:seeya:

I have not been able to keep up, so if this has been mentioned just giggle at me behind my back!

The photo posted (today or yesterday ...:waitasec:)
This one with the caption: Mario, Me, Bobby, and Victor chillin in Utah

grouppicjamyspace_zps71e6d381.jpg

That picture is probably around 2006 or so, and the guys (Bobby, Victor, Mario) are wearing "Team Renew" logos.

(Background for those who don't know - Team Renew is the name of Chris Hughes's downline in PPL. Chris and Sky Hughes are the mentor couple who were in the 48 Hours special -- the friends of Travis who warned him about Jodi and ultimately told him he needed to stop seeing her.... when he didn't, they kinda disowned him; they cut ties with him and said they didn't want Jodi around their kids, etc... )

Victor is wearing a burgundy colored shirt. Same Victor, same shirt, as in the "Chicken Dance" video where Travis is dancing and being silly.

the chicken dance - YouTube

This was a PPL event... maybe in Utah? Maybe the one where Jodi met him??? (Do we know???)
But we have Travis doing the chicken dance at a PPL event with Victor dancing by his side, and possibly Bobby dancing too.... WTH - 2 Bobby's and 2 Victor's (not to mention the bizarre coincidence that she dated a Victor Arias and Travis' middle name just happens to be Victor) ???

So, either Jodi knows several guys named Victor & Bobby and this is the biggest coincidence of all time
OR
she lied on the stand *IF* these are the same Victor and Bobby we heard ALL about. It definitely would conflict with her story about Victor being in Costa Rica, and Bobby being the teenage fling or whatever......since they are sporting
Chris Hughes'Team Renew clothing!

Oh, and the Mario in the pic of Jodi with the guys... Sure looks like the same Mario appearing in a pic with Chris Hughes and Travis, captioned "My mentors" on Travis's myspace.

TAmyspacepicwithCHandMS_zps72b2b0bf.jpg

While I am getting all my thoughts out - here is another one........ remember how she pointed out the way her father mocked fat people and her mother when she gained a little weight and how she thinks her mother is a size 10 (not, IMHO!) well, does anyone else smell an eating disorder diagnosis coming as one more layer of sympathy?????? Another 'effect' of this 'lifelong abuse' ???

Was that "our" Katie on Dr. Drew tonight? She is beautiful!

that was the other Katie.
the other Katie is beautiful.
our Katie is beautiful :)

Our katie should be back on tomorrow night!

can anyone fill me in on where her testimony ended today?

( I was at the library for the PPL testimony but then left and have not caught up and am not so excited about reliving the drivel.. I just need the cut to the chase, if you will. tia)

JA and TA third "sexual encounter" at a hotel on the Cali/AZ boarder. DT trying to pull out how these encounters "made her feel" trying to make her say she felt dirty and used.

It is truly an eye opener when there are so may of us on this board that overcame our abuser and can share. All I will say like many others my stalker was a charismatic psychopath...and I am so thankful he is in prison for life..I still check his status to make sure he is still there..I remember living with newspapers taped to my windows and alumin foil over the newspapers ..

Listen, if you get a prison tattoo from Jodi, it's going to have to be a woman's face badly done with lousy shading. (how about the grace kelly?) Take it or leave it. Sales Pitch - You could always sell your arm on 3bay when you get out. I doubt any of us will end up in prison though.

Floating, thank you for sharing your story. I hope you finish your book. Your post gave us an insight into what it is like living with a nightmare. Keep us posted because I know I'll read your book once it is published. Thanks again.

I'm here but I don't know if I can stomach tomorrow. She's back on with drivel about lattes and such and the jury can set her free after she explains why she bludgeoned him to death? I give up. I don't think justice can be served here.

moo

There are legitimite cases of self defense,this just isn't one of them.I'm certain there will be justice here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000