Jodi Arias TAKES THE STAND #27 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
PHOENIX — A woman charged in the Arizona stabbing and shooting death of her lover resumed testimony Tuesday, recounting her troubled past and the numerous boyfriends who cheated on her as the defense works to seek sympathy from jurors.

Throughout the trial, defense attorneys have depicted Alexander as a liar and a cheater who called Arias derogatory names and told her and other girlfriends that he was a devout Mormon saving sex for marriage, while in reality he was having sex with other women.

Prosecutors have portrayed Arias as a jealous ex-girlfriend who stalked him for months after their breakup until finally snapping and killing him.

Authorities said they found her hair and bloody palm print at the scene of the killing, along with time-stamped photographs on a memory card in a camera discovered inside Alexander's washing machine that place Arias there on the day he died. The photos included one of Arias nude on his bed, one of Alexander alive in the shower, then one of his body on the bathroom floor.

Defense attorneys have yet to explain why Arias apparently attempted to clean the scene, washing Alexander's bedding and the camera, and what happened to the weapons.

Authorities say Alexander was shot in the head with a .25 caliber gun, the same caliber Arias' grandparents reported stolen from their Northern California home about a week before the killing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...calls-ex-boyfriends-abusive-article-1.1256321

His interrogation tapes are chilling. The interrogator masterful - very Flores-like imv. :)

You so right re the creep factor - shudder...

Jim Smyth is the Interrogator. Instrumental in the Tori Stafford Case also. Illicited a confession from McClintic. Sorry for the O/T.

Oooh! That Colonel is one of the charming, scary ones. That creeps me out so much :(

Why did she take the pictures? Both the sex and shower pics.

They weren't a souvenier, if that had been the intent I doubt she would have left the card there.

We know how much she loved to point that camera at herself. Was she pissed because he would never let her take sex pics and at gunpoint she got back at him by humiliating him with pictures? If she was humiliating him with pictures why only upper body shots in the shower? Wouldn't she want to save evidence of her revenge?

She didn't want to leave the pictures as an announcement she was there. (or maybe subconsciously she did?). She didn't try the self-defense ploy until the "I wasn't there" and the ninjas didn't work. She also chose a non-descript car and put the license plates upside down so red-light cams couldn't catch her. (in one interview with the detective she was claiming she wasn't in Mesa and said "maybe you should check the red light cameras)

I have no doubt TA knew he was about to die when that face shot was taken.

But why did she take the pictures.

I think she took the pictures to lure him into position in the shower. The earlier pictures may be something they did occasionally as foreplay for all we know. It's easy enough to take them, look at them, then delete them before anyone else could ever see them.

I think that's why the shower pictures are PG instead of *advertiser censored*. I think he agreed to those, maybe so he could see how good he looked for his trip. I agree that the last picture looks like something had just happened. I don't know what, exactly. The next picture doesn't show blood yet.

However, that picture with her foot and blood pouring from his chest and down onto his back/neck is really soon after the shower pics. She was ready with her weapons during what I think was a 'photo shoot', no doubt at all.

I don't think she was even dragging him yet then, as a matter of fact. I think she was stabbing him and the dragging came shortly after (after he got down the hall and she slit his throat).

But my main point is that I think that's how she got him situated the way she liked in the shower -- they were just taking pictures of his physique. It's possible that was at gunpoint, but he doesn't look scared enough in most of those, imho.

The fact that the crime was caught on camera is one reason I'm so interested in the case, btw. That's very unusual to see a picture like the one with her foot and the dragging one! It's so eery to see all that :(

Here's a handy site people can bookmark that gives current times and time zones around the world:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/full.html

Love that site! Great for determining duration between dates (was thinking of using it to make sense of JA's sexual timeline w/Travis because I think they saw far less of each other |romantically| than she's trying to portray - but I'm not ready to replay her droning testimony yet). :banghead:

Unfortunately, the user CP here at WS doesn't have a listing for AZ time - I just picked Mountain Time w/DST always off - we'll see what happens in March. :)

Are you friggin' kidding me??????????????
WHY
www.azcentral.com story name:
Arias jury to hear more sordid testimony of photographs of young males

"But in a closed hearing Thursday, lawyers for the defense and the prosecution argued over whether Arias, who was in attendance, should be allowed to testify that she walked in on Alexander while he was masturbating to photographs of young boys.
Judge Sherry Stephens unsealed the transcript of the hearing after she determined that the evidence was admissible."

OH good God. If I was a juror that would be it for me. It has nothing to do with this man's murder, and it would be time to show me self defense or shut up.

My point was not that we know of cases of women doing this, but that there have been cases of sexual assault followed by murder and the killer took their time with the whole process. I don't think you can rule out that Jodi could have done something similar just because she's female.

Here are a few from a quick google search:

Murders of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom -- Raped, tortured for several hours, then murdered

Rape and murder of Kimberly Proctor -- Victim was lured by two friends to one of their houses; she was tied up and raped and beaten for hours before she was killed

Russell Williams -- spent hours with several of his victims, took photographs; ultimately progressed to murder of two of his victims

Well, that was my point. I don't think woman typically do, or could do, that. If they do, it's rare and probably in situations where they're not dealing with an able bodied man able to potentially defend himself.

You peeps have been very busy!

I'm going to set up a new thread since this is getting so long. It'll take a few minutes and then be ready to jump over.

:seeya:
fran

I thought some of you might want a refresher of the facts, story of this relationship, murder

Investigators discovered photographs of the two having rough sex on a camera that was recovered from the scene of the crime.

snipped for space

Is there a link available for this statement of fact? TIA

PHOENIX — A woman charged in the Arizona stabbing and shooting death of her lover resumed testimony Tuesday, recounting her troubled past and the numerous boyfriends who cheated on her as the defense works to seek sympathy from jurors.
(Respectfully snipped for space)

Hi Xavier! Have you checked out the timeline, media and legal threads? They're chock full of this info and extremely helpful!

HTH :)

I have swayed between feeling sorry for Nurmi that he got stuck with defending Jodi, to feeling exactly as you and being disgusted. From what I understand, and please correct me if I am wrong, the judge gives the defense a lot of leeway in Jodi's testimony ONLY because the State is asking to put her to death. I do not believe there has to be any proof as long as the defendant gets up and swears to what she is saying. That's why Juan will have to rip her to shreds.

Even IF we were to believe that TA was a sexual deviant or pedophile or a bad Mormon, Jodi Arias has in NO WAY proven she has been abused and in NO WAY do I believe this was self defense. It is cold, premeditated murder and TA's lifestyle just doesn't matter at this point. Plus, he isn't here to defend himself.

BBM: And I really feel bad for TA's family having to endure the endless drivel of JA and then all of the details of boyfriends, sex stuff, crap in general. It really has no bearing on the case. JA's defense reminds me of throwing spaghetti up in the air to see if it will stick to the ceiling to see if it's done. JA is hoping something will stick----but her testimony is such sickening nonsense. How awful and how detestable!

If Travis were really "that into her" he would have pursued her and made the effort like people do in normal relationships.
Guess she never read the book.

That relationship was a no go from it's inception.

I do think he was into her initially...why else would he invite her to a banquet and procure a dress for her within hours of meeting her? Introduce her to his close friends (the over-night at the Hughes' the following weekend)? I think that's part of her rage; HE came on so strong at first, then once she shed her safety net (Darryl), he wasn't so intrigued.

Well, that was my point. I don't think woman typically do, or could do, that. If they do, it's rare and probably in situations where they're not dealing with an able bodied man able to potentially defend himself.

Did Aileen Wuornos torture any of her victims?

If you're good with a knife, it's really as effective as a gun if you are close to the person. That's not a gender thing (speed is more important than strength, too). JA'd just have to know how good she was with a knife, imho, whether torturing him or killing him quickly.

Snipped for space. BBM

The jury has only seen individual photos of Travis and Jodi where they are naked.

The only rough sex we have heard about is in Jodi's testimony. Can't even be he-said-she-said since he is dead.

Exactly ... We don't even know if she did anyone on her way there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I am just not understanding why the judge is allowing the "travis was a pedophile" testimony in? Have we heard yet why she came to that decision? Is it normal for testimony like this to be allowed in without substantial proof? I mean, I realize this is something that JA is supposed to have "witnessed", but I still don't understand why it is being allowed?!

Maybe I missed something that has already been discussed?

TIA
She's trying to cover her azz for a potential mistrial. Something the judge (small letter judge 'cause I think that;'s the best she deserves) Perry did in the KC trial. Shame on her. Better a mistrial than a mistrial of justice.

Bleh. I'm just NOT getting a good vibe here. Never in a thousand years did I believe that KC would go free. When the trial started, I thought the judge was sttooopid, the jury selection process was a farce and the prosecution was arrogant beyond belief. I remember reading here how wonderful the pa was and how they would get it all right...But they didn't. They failed miserably. I hope that Travis gets justice but I won't hang my hat on it. Unfortunately.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

10 years ago, most of (90%) what this defence is presenting wouldn't have been allowed. No one would have listened to this "battered woman". Baez raised the bar on this chit and here we are.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member