Jodi Arias Trial Watchers Thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not understand this? and BTW I love your board etiquette.

Hi, Manzana. Thanks for the kind words. When I made the comment about Travis' crude joke, I was thinking of lighthearted, "endearing" terms that my niece and her live-in boyfriend used about one another that most people would find offensive.

To me, what seems most important is when what was said and done. Travis and Jodi had a romantic, sexual relationship; Travis broke up with her. (A strange action, by the way, for some one wanting to control another person.) What happened sexually in bed or elsewhere during that relationship is essentially irrelevant and probably mostly unknowable.

After that, they had what seems to have been a fluctuating, intermittent relationship, mostly sexual. Most of that seems to have initiated by Jodi, who traveled back to see Travis even after she had moved to California. For the defense to prove that Jodi was the victim of physical and/or sexual abuse, one would imagine that they would have to prove that Travis had been the dictatorial pursuer instead of just being a compliant sex partner.

What I was saying about the ky was that the presence of KY only implies sex. It does not imply rape. While I do not have documentation of this fact I am sure due to the nature of sexual assault and rape, the majority of offenders do not use lubrication unless it is associated with a condom. When I think of a sexual deviant my first thought is a violent sexual predator. Many sexual predators of this nature get off on power and pain. Lubrication makes things less physically painful. If he is a violent sexual predator the likelihood is high while not guaranteed that he would not care about using lubricant and she would not hold still long enough for it to be applied.

The reason I think she needs to get the DP is because I believe she would be happy in prison. By happy I mean she would be among other people. On death row it is solitary confinement.
Absolutely! The only possible problem I can see if she's on Death Row is that she'll be getting all kinds of attention from her lawyers. Appealing her case will be a project that will keep her busy. Since I have no experience at all with prisons, does anyone know how much attention someone gets on Death Row?

For the defense to prove that Jodi was the victim of physical and/or sexual abuse, one would imagine that they would have to prove that Travis had been the dictatorial pursuer instead of just being a compliant sex partner.

I think they plan on doing just that, seems like there are going to be tons of emails/texts that will be admitted. Obviously the defense made it sound like Travis invited her there, that she was not headed to his house but he asked her to come by. Who knows what all the emails will say?

This may have been answered, or maybe we didnt get to it in the trial.

When Mimi arrived at Travis' home, his roommate was home in his room, correct? Why did the roommate ignore the smell in the house and the dog going nuts?

I am curious about the license plate. I assume this was the rental car? My only thought is she did it to bypass the interstate cameras. I know about 5-6 years ago Scottsdale had them on the Loop (can't remember the # name of it) to catch speeders. It was always going to court to remove them, so I'm not sure if they're even still there. But the cameras and toll booths would be my only thought.

Has it been proven her BMW (that she was buying from TA) was in fact unable to be driven so that's why she had to rent a car?

This may have been answered, or maybe we didnt get to it in the trial.

When Mimi arrived at Travis' home, his roommate was home in his room, correct? Why did the roommate ignore the smell in the house and the dog going nuts?

I have been asking myself the same thing. Mimi said she smelled a foul odor immediately and it was throughout the entire house. What did the roommate(s) think it was? Didn't they investigate?

I assume they will call the roommate to testify, and maybe we'll find out then.

I also wonder, didn't JA worry that one of the roommates (weren't there 2?) would come home while she was doing what she was doing? It must have taken a while to do a load of laundry, then a 2nd. She seems to have spent some time there after the murder itself.

I think they plan on doing just that, seems like there are going to be tons of emails/texts that will be admitted. Obviously the defense made it sound like Travis invited her there, that she was not headed to his house but he asked her to come by. Who knows what all the emails will say?

Hi, Manzana. I suspect that most of the communications between them were sent by Jodi: Travis was a very busy, conscientious businessman; Jodi, probably less busy and less committed to her job. She seemed to have been trying to find ways for them to reconnect; thus, her discovery of the 1,001 Places to Visit Before You Die book as a vacation-maker. In messages already public, Travis praised Jodi as beautiful and sexy (I'm writing from memory here.) I would not be surprised if other messages from Travis early in the relationship fhad some raunchy content. However, after her jealousy and extreme messages, I suspect that he would realize that erotic words could be used against him. As even posthumously, they can....

I suspect that he would realize that erotic words could be used against him. As even posthumously, they can....

I would also think that he would be smart enough not to fire off emails referring to her as a *advertiser censored* unless this is part of a grand scheme, ineffective counsel, the defense did allude to Travis sending these emails, I doubt that Jodie did.

Let's try this again in bold, hopefully someone will assist.

I don't have cableTV... is there an online source to see last week's state and defense opening statements? (not reading the blog, but hearing the actual opening)?

If anyone still needs this info, Steely Dan posted it at the beginning of this discussion. It would be a good idea if it can be posted at the beginning of each new Thread, and several times throughout the discussion.

Here are a couple of links;

http://www.azfamily.com/home/related/Watch-LIVE-Jodi-Arias-murder-trial-185415702.html

http://www.kpho.com/category/224303/cbs-5-local-live-streaming

This is open for discussion, but please be nice to each other, attack the idea not the person.

I have been asking myself the same thing. Mimi said she smelled a foul odor immediately and it was throughout the entire house. What did the roommate(s) think it was? Didn't they investigate?

I also wonder, didn't JA worry that one of the roommates (weren't there 2?) would come home while she was doing what she was doing? It must have taken a while to do a load of laundry, then a 2nd. She seems to have spent some time there after the murder itself.

Hi, Boodles. I think that the roommates were tenants; the house is large and it was Travis's. Given that circumstance and their belief that he was away, I don't think that they would have attempted to enter his quarters.

As for the foul odor, perhaps they thought that it was a dead rodent that was rotting somewhere in the house. Or perhaps they couldn't smell in their quarters.

Hi everyone, trying to catch up. Does anyone know whether the opening statements and day 1 of testimony are archived somewhere to watch online?

I had the same questions, especially about that odor. It must have been absolutely awful after 5 or so days!

There was a dead mouse in one of the rooms where I worked as an Admin. It was there for a day or two, over the weekend. When I opened that office door I couldn't believe what an absolutely putrid smell it was. I rushed out and shut the door behind me. If you've never smelled something dead, I'd advise you to avoid it at all costs. It IS that bad!

I would also think that he would be smart enough not to fire off emails referring to her as a *advertiser censored* unless this is part of a grand scheme, ineffective counsel, the defense did allude to Travis sending these emails, I doubt that Jodie did.

Hi, Manzana. I think that the *advertiser censored*, *advertiser censored* outburst that Travis sent to Jodi was in direct response to actions for which he and his friends believed she was responsible. His words might have been foolish, but they seem to have been part of a repudiation of her, not an erotic invitation.

Again, it's a matter of when and the context of what was written and said. In this case, to borrow Jodi's TV interview words, it was Jodi pushing his buttons rather than the opposite.

Jodi hacked his email. Wouldn't be surprised if she sent those to herself.

Even if he did send an email calling her something, I don't imagine he would think it would be used against him in court after being brutally murdered.

What happened to his dog?

I think it is his sister, who posted some pictures of his dog "Napoleon" on Facebook. He lives now with a friend of the family. He's a small black pug type dog, looks like he is getting up in years, but very cute.

There is something I noticed right off last week while watching opening statements and talk about this thread and rope... TA's bed really has no place to tie someone up. What I mean is it doesn't have posts or anything. So if the defense is going to state that JA was tied up at some point during their sex then it would have had to be with a big piece of rope and not some tassel. That is how people do it, you don't just tie their hands together and their feet together. not just moo lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nursestump