Jon Benets Mother

Difficult question as to how 'bad' a person Patsy was.
I believe she unintentionally killed her child in rage attack. Imo no one can say it could not have happened to them also. For theoretically, one push or shove can have deadly results.
But to save her hide, Patsy later threw innocent people under the bus.
Suppose the worst had come to the worst and one of the bus victims had been falsely tried and convicted of murder, could Patsy have lived with that? Do you think she would have let this person go to jail full well knowing that it was a miscarriage of justice?

Yes I do believe she/they would have. Other wise why try to throw anyone under the bus at all.

I would love to hear more feedback on this book that will never make to my bookshelf though.......anything that comes from her Enablers has no busssssiness in my life!

Fun fact: The first testimonial in the book as to Patsy's supposedly good character is from Susan Storck Ross, a woman whose father owned a bakery Patsy's mother Nedra had worked at in the 1950's. The problem with the testimonial is that Susan was a child when she played in her father's bakery with Nedra in the 1950's, had not talked to Nedra in the intervening 40 years, and Susan never met either Patsy or JonBenet. That right there is your basic reference point for how well the people in the book knew Patsy.

Great questions, Rash! I have no choice in having to believe that Patsy would have indeed let some innocent person carry her conviction for her crime after witnessing how far the family went - and still goes - to pin the murder on anyone not named Ramsey. I will always believe that John Mark Karr was John Ramseys' parting gift to Patsy so that she could die happy thinking that her family would no longer be subjected to the suspicion they cast upon themselves.

I would love to hear more feedback on this book that will never make to my bookshelf though.......anything that comes from her Enablers has no busssssiness in my life!

You are so right. I dont own but have read, Via the Library seething all the way, DOI. I would not have paid for it. Really the question remains why read it at all?

Fun fact: The first testimonial in the book as to Patsy's supposedly good character is from Susan Storck Ross, a woman whose father owned a bakery Patsy's mother Nedra had worked at in the 1950's. The problem with the testimonial is that Susan was a child when she played in her father's bakery with Nedra in the 1950's, had not talked to Nedra in the intervening 40 years, and Susan never met either Patsy or JonBenet. That right there is your basic reference point for how well the people in the book knew Patsy.

I would be more likely to listen to the small handful of people I know who knew her in Boulder.

I would be more likely to listen to the small handful of people I know who knew her in Boulder.

Interestingly enough, the book only has Susan Stine to contribute from that group. Apparently Barbara Fernie, Roxie Walker, none of the people Patsy met during her Boulder hospital stays in between Maryland chemo treatments, none of the parents or teachers from JonBenet's or Burke's Boulder schools, none of the people from the Ramsey family's church, none of the people from the Historic Boulder house tour, and none of the people in any of the organizations Patsy volunteered for, not a one of these people seemingly was either asked or volunteered to step up and offer gushing compliments to how much they knew Patsy In Boulder was a shining example of motherhood. I would take that to mean that when it came down to brass tacks, they refused to say nice things about Patsy once some time had passed and they were able to reflect on what sort of person they had thought they were associating with.

And you know the old adage: "If you can't say something nice...say nothing at all"!

Colorado,

Can you possibly tell us what the general feeling about Patsy was from these people. I know it proves nothing, but I am so interested in what they thought of her.

I picture Patsy as a very likable person, someone who would keep the conversation going and someone you would notice and someone who always had something going on - I just happen to like the way she speaks. I like the fact that she can handle things and does, unfortunately, I believe, right down to the murder of her child.

If you can post, I would love to hear it.:blowkiss:

sure, but I also read she would cut relations with someone off in a heartbeat if they didn't agree with her/do things her way,etc.I think it was said there was another mother at the school she didn't speak to for a yr over something minor.And other examples as well.that is right off the top of my head though.

Colorado,

Can you possibly tell us what the general feeling about Patsy was from these people. I know it proves nothing, but I am so interested in what they thought of her.

I picture Patsy as a very likable person, someone who would keep the conversation going and someone you would notice and someone who always had something going on - I just happen to like the way she speaks. I like the fact that she can handle things and does, unfortunately, I believe, right down to the murder of her child.

If you can post, I would love to hear it.:blowkiss:

I will speak without names of course. One couple we know thought there was NO way in the world this could have happened and it not be some intruder. Over the years as they saw the case be buried under they changed their minds. They have a huge problem holding on to the intruder myth. Another felt from day one that something terrible happened that night and somebody lost it. The others I speak of are more people we know or whom we have met are convinced that Patsy did it, not intentionally but that the controlling side of her personality lost the ability to copw with the precocious side and little bit sassy and obstinate side of a child learning to vocally express herself. Another is a reporter friend we had quite a conversation. Her name is very well known and associated with the reporting on JonBenet. She also interviewd Holly Smith I would because she does still report have to be gracious and since our conversation was private I would have to honor it as private but I can say that I totally agree with her. If that helps

sure, but I also read she would cut relations with someone off in a heartbeat if they didn't agree with her/do things her way,etc.I think it was said there was another mother at the school she didn't speak to for a yr over something minor.And other examples as well.that is right off the top of my head though.

This is the Patsy that I think most of Boulder came to know likeable but it had to go her way or there was hell to pay. That she had to be the center focus at all times. At least that seems to be her reputation. Liked to use money to be larger than life. Which if anyone knows Boulder knows that there is enough wealth in Boulder that mostly wealth is down played not showed off or put forward. I mean Boulder County is not the cheap seats and if you know anything about Boulder its that they covet being able to brag they have no homeless etc.

I will speak without names of course. One couple we know thought there was NO way in the world this could have happened and it not be some intruder. Over the years as they saw the case be buried under they changed their minds. They have a huge problem holding on to the intruder myth. Another felt from day one that something terrible happened that night and somebody lost it. The others I speak of are more people we know or whom we have met are convinced that Patsy did it, not intentionally but that the controlling side of her personality lost the ability to copw with the precocious side and little bit sassy and obstinate side of a child learning to vocally express herself. Another is a reporter friend we had quite a conversation. Her name is very well known and associated with the reporting on JonBenet. She also interviewd Holly Smith I would because she does still report have to be gracious and since our conversation was private I would have to honor it as private but I can say that I totally agree with her. If that helps

Interesting. And my reply is that if this is what the consensus was, then Patsy had to know that most of her friends believed she was guilty, whether or not she confined herself to the "Stines" world - she knew that most people believed it was her.

I think the woman took offense at how over the top she was with regards to school - organizing- in that area.

But John Ramsey says Patsy never said a bad word about anyone, except for a reporter once; she made an exception for that. Does he really think he can pass that one over.

Yes he does, because he is sitting next to the moron Larry King (watching Larry screw up the most basic interview is beyond painful - he had all the chances to ask them questions and never did - so they would come back of course, but one fantastic interview is a whole lot better than five mediocre ones and that is what he got - except for the Steve Thomas and Ramsey interview, but then again he had nothing to do with that, Steve did the accusing - but I digress).

John says whatever is convenient at the time and gets away with it; like the time Tricia called him up on LKL and asked about why Judge Carnes was only given half the evidence - John said he did not hear the question and proceeded to answer the second question with a smiling Patsy in the background, even though he and his wife had just been insulted BIG TIME by Tricia asking why there are no funds in a certain account (something along that line). Patsy said we just donated $1000 or some number, which turned out to be a lie and was not donated until two weeks later). And Patsy adds, which was JonBenet's camp that she went to. And then they both smiled along with the idiot Larry.:mad:

Interestingly enough, the book only has Susan Stine to contribute from that group. Apparently Barbara Fernie, Roxie Walker, none of the people Patsy met during her Boulder hospital stays in between Maryland chemo treatments, none of the parents or teachers from JonBenet's or Burke's Boulder schools, none of the people from the Ramsey family's church, none of the people from the Historic Boulder house tour, and none of the people in any of the organizations Patsy volunteered for, not a one of these people seemingly was either asked or volunteered to step up and offer gushing compliments to how much they knew Patsy In Boulder was a shining example of motherhood. I would take that to mean that when it came down to brass tacks, they refused to say nice things about Patsy once some time had passed and they were able to reflect on what sort of person they had thought they were associating with.

I take it you are RIGHT!! Even those who were not on the most intimate circle and whose acquaintance was not as tight as those listed above will not step up. I have a good idea why but heresay is not fact so I will keep my lips buttoned. Boulder is not that closed up. So my intuition is you are right. They do not want to be the next under the bus, or have their lives ruined with lawsuits when all they can offer is more of the same as they were not there that night so all they could do is speculate anyway.

Interesting. And my reply is that if this is what the consensus was, then Patsy had to know that most of her friends believed she was guilty, whether or not she confined herself to the "Stines" world - she knew that most people believed it was her.

Boulder is not all completely gullible and stupid. I think however it does have network for the movers and shakers The powerful. I think in time had the Ramseys stayed in Boulder the hiding would not have been as pleasant or easy for them.That is my opinion.

Seems to me they had quite a few close friends in Michigan. None of them had anything personally relavent to say that was printable?

I would have bought ONE Pro-Ram book- a memoir by NEDRA in the first person. It would have been most revealing, I do think. " Slightly molested".

Maria

Boulder is not all completely gullible and stupid. I think however it does have network for the movers and shakers The powerful. I think in time had the Ramseys stayed in Boulder the hiding would not have been as pleasant or easy for them.That is my opinion.

..prob. so;they sure did hide behind others until they moved back to Atlanta.
Just as they did the morning of the 26th,they had to have friends around to act as a buffer for them.

Yes, there was more to the move to Atlanta than just to escape the reminders of the murder. They knew it was a matter of time for he smoke screen to dissipate and the stench of their guilt would be apparent.

How surprising.......NOT. I'm guessing that the only thing interesting in this book are the pictures that Patsy probably helped supply!

Thanks to Sell-Out Sue, the best glimpse we have of the Real Patsy is in the National Enquirer book of the Scamseys interviews with law enforcement. And of course, the Larry King Live spot where we busted her lying through her teeth!!! :dance:

How surprising.......NOT. I'm guessing that the only thing interesting in this book are the pictures that Patsy probably helped supply!

Thanks to Sell-Out Sue, the best glimpse we have of the Real Patsy is in the National Enquirer book of the Scamseys interviews with law enforcement. And of course, the Larry King Live spot where we busted her lying through her teeth!!! :dance:

Which spot was that one lying - there are so many - is this the one where she said they had donated 1000 to JonBenet's camp?

..prob. so;they sure did hide behind others until they moved back to Atlanta.
Just as they did the morning of the 26th,they had to have friends around to act as a buffer for them.

That is exactly what the people were buffers. I would have done exactly the same thing if I were in Patsy's shoes. Exactly. The more people around - they will protect me and guard me against being questioned too much and I will break down and they will protect me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back