Josh Duggar Charged With Receipt/Possession Child Sexual Abuse Material *Guilty* #4

Jill is so brave. It sounds like her disclosures about her abuse by her brother Josh Duggar, were extremely difficult.
Yeah. Except I wouldn't say she disclosed. It wasn't her choice that the information was out.

Like so many things, the leak of this information happened to her. Like so many things, it especially impacted her, yet her voice could not stop it. And the support she got from her family being appalled at the leak seemed far more about protecting the abusers, not the victims.

But by all appearances, after all that has happened to her, she is handling it very well.

They say hurt people hurt people. I think that's true. But from what I see in Shiny Happy People and other media, Jill is handling the her hurt responsibly, with a real therapist, and minimizing the chances of passing damage on. She obviously has the strength to get her life on track to be her own, and the good char to use that strengt.

I can disagree with some hateful things her husband tweeted, without any pushback from her, and at they same time think, you go girl!

She had so many traumas, and she is overcoming them positively. It is amazing to see someone so controlled for so long, and also experiencing poverty and food insecurity as a younger child, being raised to fear EVERYTHING, other people, even her own thoughts, being blamed for her own abuse, later in childhood living a very watched life, all faked for the cameras, and being even more stared at then when they were impoverished children in strange clothing, but having food in the house. The subject of this watched life was frankly her and her siblings sex life. ( Or purity life. Her purity is none of our business just like her sex life.) It's extra hard to figure out how you feel about having to pretend you are hearing an announcement for the first time before a huge camera crew, having to be perfect or take the shot again, when that severely intrusive life comes with a meals. It reminds me of how sex workers likely slide into the life...it was humiliating and way too personal and I'm not being my genuine self. But, hey! I can pay the rent!

The sex worker analogy isn't even a good one; Jill had no choice. It's not like anyone asked her if she wanted to trade privacy for food. And when she tried to stop making that trade, most of her support system turned against her.

She was basically a victim of child trafficking. But she survived. I think she is going to thrive.

MOO

https://apnews.com/article/abc-jour...eek-sentence-2c6d2b23b6f0d66644d8c26fe75f0f85

This is interesting. This guy pled guilty to possession of CSAM. And received half the sentence of Josh Duggar, who continued to trial. Makes me wonder if Josh Duggar could have been out sooner, if he had done a plea deal.

This is interesting. This guy pled guilty to possession of CSAM. And received half the sentence of Josh Duggar, who continued to trial. Makes me wonder if Josh Duggar could have been out sooner, if he had done a plea deal.
This seems like not a rare thing in federal cases. Plus, his prior history made it to trial. There might have been less concern if he'd pleaded guilty and been remorseful.

That’s an interesting question.

I wonder if this other guy had any minor children at home? I didn’t see anything about that in the article.

Perhaps the fact that Josh has an army of vulnerable children at home is a factor in how long of a sentence is necessary to safeguard his children from him. I can’t really imagine him sexually abusing his OWN kids but of course he did do that to four of his sisters. :(

Why admit guilt and be incarcerated when all Josh needed was one Christian holdout on the jury who believes in the same brand of Christianity that the Duggers do.
God has already forgiven Josh so who are we not to?

Like this Christian mindset.

"While much has and can be said on the various aspects of this story, I want to focus on one specific thought that I keep coming back to. That thought relates to God and the forgiveness that we can find only in Him.

While Josh’s previous actions are appalling, they are not unforgiveable. Let’s remember that Josh is not forgiven because he deserves it. He doesn’t. None of us do. He is forgiven because he has chosen to place his trust in Jesus Christ – the One who already paid the price for his sin."

Why admit guilt and be incarcerated when all Josh needed was one Christian holdout on the jury who believes in the same brand of Christianity that the Duggers do.
God has already forgiven Josh so who are we not to?

Like this Christian mindset.

"While much has and can be said on the various aspects of this story, I want to focus on one specific thought that I keep coming back to. That thought relates to God and the forgiveness that we can find only in Him.

While Josh’s previous actions are appalling, they are not unforgiveable. Let’s remember that Josh is not forgiven because he deserves it. He doesn’t. None of us do. He is forgiven because he has chosen to place his trust in Jesus Christ – the One who already paid the price for his sin."

The Christianity the Duggars believe in says quite clearly to not harm children.

And no juror could forgive Josh and then vote not guilty. To forgive Josh means that

1.) Josh is guilty
2.) Josh is seeking forgiveness

2 Cents

The Christianity the Duggars believe in says quite clearly to not harm children.

And no juror could forgive Josh and then vote not guilty. To forgive Josh means that

1.) Josh is guilty
2.) Josh is seeking forgiveness

2 Cents
A juror with same Christian mindset as the Duggers could very well believe that their God has forgiven Josh and God's law is above man's law and vote not guilty.
Every defendant and every defense lawyer who go to trial hope or pray for that one hold-out juror.
In Josh's case the electronic evidence against him was overwhelming so a hold-out juror was his only other option.
We don't know if Josh's lawyer(s) tried to get him a deal he agreed with and couldn't.

A juror with same Christian mindset as the Duggers could very well believe that their God has forgiven Josh and God's law is above man's law and vote not guilty.
Every defendant and every defense lawyer who go to trial hope or pray for that one hold-out juror.
In Josh's case the electronic evidence against him was overwhelming so a hold-out juror was his only other option.
We don't know if Josh's lawyer(s) tried to get him a deal he agreed with and couldn't.

I'm hardly a religious scholar, but aren't we comparing apples and oranges here?

The human public safety institutions are a whole 'nother realm than divine judgement, no?

I would think if we let people who harm children off the hook in human institutions , we wouldn't do to well in the divine ones. But that's just me.

MOO

I'm hardly a religious scholar, but aren't we comparing apples and oranges here?

The human public safety institutions are a whole 'nother realm than divine judgement, no?

I would think if we let people who harm children off the hook in human institutions , we wouldn't do to well in the divine ones. But that's just me.

MOO
Agree!! God ordained human government for the good of mankind, mentioned both in the new and old testaments (Deuteronomy 25 & Romans 13). Christians regardless of denomination, are called to judge according to the evidence presented - just like a non-believer would.

The courtroom is a place of earthly judgement, not eternal. Salvation is a whole different matter, I'll stop there - All JMO.

MOO

Agree!! God ordained human government for the good of mankind, mentioned both in the new and old testaments (Deuteronomy 25 & Romans 13). Christians regardless of denomination, are called to judge according to the evidence presented - just like a non-believer would.

The courtroom is a place of earthly judgement, not eternal. Salvation is a whole different matter, I'll stop there - All JMO.

And Jesus said to them, “Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” And they were amazed at Him. Mark 12:17, NASB 1995

Yes, indeed, we are expected to follow civil law where applicable, and divine law as well.

Harming children -- forbidden by both!

jmho ymmv lrr

That's why we have Voir dire, to hopefully weed out biased jurors. The hold-out type of juror you describe is biased in favor of Josh and shouldn't serve because jurors must strictly go only by evidence presented.

If Josh got a hung jury then the prosecution would find out why and act accordingly during Voir dire of his 2nd trial.

2 Cents

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519
Back