Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. The ABC article states he did not kill the boys with the ax, just wounded them, because they still breathed afterwards, getting carbon monoxide in their lungs. Dang.

It is not easy to hit the necks of two little boys who may be moving around or standing up. Anyone who has used an ax would know that. I think he told them to lay down and close their eyes to play a game, then lit the accelerant and then whacked them several times. Otherwise, I don't see how he could have gotten both of them, right on their necks. My gosh, what a monster.

He seriously embodied the depth depravity. Maybe he rendered them unconscious first. I am just sick about this all.

My heart goes out again to all those that love them. :grouphug:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backdraft"]Backdraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

The neighbors reported explosions. It has been on the news that there were explosions. There could have been items in the house they blew or a backdraft.

Backdrafts are deadly to firefighters. If the house was sealed tight and then when it began to burn the oxygen was rapidly introduced into the inferno which was burning very hot because of the fuel, explosive backdrafts could have occured.

Backdraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The neighbors reported explosions. It has been on the news that there were explosions. There could have been items in the house they blew or a backdraft.

Backdrafts are deadly to firefighters. If the house was sealed tight and then when it began to burn the oxygen was rapidly introduced into the inferno which was burning very hot because of the fuel, explosive backdrafts could have occured.

Yep, I don't think those were "explosions" that he rigged. This appears to be an old-fashioned arson. It burned very fast because he used gasoline.

It isn't just us feeling like this... :sick:

KSLSharaPark Shara Park
I think I am going to be sick. #JoshPowell #findsusan
1 hour ago

http://twitter.com/#!/KSLSharaPark

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Thanks for all your kind words, everybody. It's really hard to keep it together. I'm crying. This is horrific. #findsusan

http://twitter.com/benwinslow

I follow Ben on Facebook and he is really having a tough time, so many people are going to have such a hard time moving forward. We all will, so very sad.

He was such an evil coward, I am surprised he did not shoot himself right after he set the fire, but apparently, a gun was not found at the scene. According to the article linked below, Josh Powell died from carbon monoxide poisoning due to the fire he had set. I am pretty sure the little slimy pervert ba$ta!! did not hack his own neck. I won't be surprised to find out he had a cyanide pill or something so that he could 'escape' the inferno. I hate him.

http://mynorthwest.com/11/623012/Prosecutor-Murdersuicide-was-Josh-Powells-confession

With all due respect, Doc, I think he was an animal long before then. I had hoped the sudden explosion knocked them out before they were aware of what was happening, that their last moments had been carefree. It didn't dawn on me that even he would do something so cruel. OMG

If JP would do this to his children, what did poor Susan suffer? :(

Maybe an ax to the chest (mommy owie) and being burned alive in the back of a cave in the desert? Just one thought I've had in the last five minutes.

Seems to me this monster wants you to know he's angry while he's killing you inhumanely. Humane was not a part of his vocabulary.

And, to add to the horror, he couldn't have 'axed' both children simultaneously, so one would have witnessed the other, at least initially.

What a monster.

:please: Please, please, please, please let there be a hell.

Let us pray that, even though these dear children were breathing during the fire, they were at least not conscious. Like all of you I am beyond horrified - just cannot believe it. I know we read here every day about so many atrocities. Yet here, we "knew" these boys. We knew they existed, we knew their names, we knew who loved them. As deeply saddened as we always are over the cases here...this one...dear god, I just can't take it in.

I hope it won't be long before we learn details of how SP can now be a person of interest. And why he barely seemed to react when notified that his spawn murdered two children.

Backdraft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is that related to the "defensive action" they referred on the scanner.

Just learned the details involving the ax. When you think it can't get any worse, it does. I had hoped that he had planned for the explosion and the boys didn't know what was going on and died instantly. Feel sick even typing it.

Has to make you wonder what he was capable of with more time. He had time to cause real pain to Susan. Susan, Braden and Charles are safe from him now.

Interesting about investigators talking about an arrest. Wonder what charges SP will have coming his way? I know he's a sick man, but WOULD he let his son murder his grandchildren and not try to stop him. If so, hell is waiting for you Mr. Powell.

I was disgusted by JP's statements about not being able "to live without his children". A true parent would want their children to grow and live happy lives, even after they are gone. Braden and Charles never had a real father. Not one that loved them truly like they so deserved.

Prayers for the Cox family and friends.

jmo

Can it get any worse? Makes me wish 12/21/12 is for real!

Arrest Of Steve? God, I hope this is true. Maybe his calls/emails were monitored.

Every phone call, every visit and all communications are monitored. Especially in a high profile case like this.

I hope these reports are true and the take down SP but I have to admit "day late and a dollar short" keeps running through my mind----- wish we had a rewind button.

What was it JP said in that old interview? "I would never hurt her. Anyone who knows me knows I could never hurt Susan."

Uh, right. But you can calmly give your children's toys away while planning a double murder suicide, take an ax to your babies--your own flesh and blood, your babies that trust you!--and then because you're such a inhuman-waste-of-oxygen-spineless, heartless narcissistic crap weasel, you then burned your babies alive.

But you could never hurt Susan. :steamed:

Unbelievable. This story has just thrown me into a tailspin for the last 24 hours. Just makes you feel sick for the whole world that someone could treat children this way.

And "now" JP's father is a "person of interest." Why not two days ago, or better yet, six months ago? Why did this have to happen? What is it going to take in this country for children to have the right to be safe?

In my heart I know that all the LE involved in this case are as shocked as we are and wish they could have saved both Susan and those boys. But honest to God, I just don't understand why he was able to get visitation in his own home. It's just not right.

Is that related to the "defensive action" they referred on the scanner.

Could be. It was described as like an earthquake. A backdraft is an explosive event, sudden and fierce. Once windows broke or a hole in the wooden structure opened up to new O2 a backdraft or more than one could well have occurred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror