Name: Kathi Jean Warren
DOB: Oct. 20, 1956
Height: 5 ft.
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Other: Pierced ears
Clothing: Black dress, black shawl, black cowboy boots

Listed as "endangered missing" by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.

Circumstances: Kathi left her Charlotte residence on Kapplewood Court on March 8, 1996 to attend a concert at Coyote Joes located at 4621 Wilkinson Boulevard in Charlotte. Kathi did not return home that night, and her family has not heard from her since. There are no other details given on this case.

Detective D.L. Ring with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is the lead detective on this case. Her telephone number is 704-336-2700.
Report No: 19960313-043900

https://charlottenc.gov/CMPD/Organization/Documents/InvestSvcs/Missing/Warren,KathiJean.pdf
3544DFNC - Kathi Jean Warren
Kathi Jean Warren - North Carolina Missing Person Directory
Kathi Jean Warren missing from Charlotte, N.C. since 1996 : WithoutATrace

Last edited:
I'm hoping that someone will see this thread that can provide more information about Kathi's disappearance. My immediate questions are:
1. Did anyone actually see Kathi at Coyote Joes on the night of March 8, 1996?
2. If so, was she there alone or with someone?
3. Did she leave alone or with someone?
4. Was Kathi in a relationship? If so, was her significant other interviewed?
5. Have Kathi's friends been interviewed?
6. Did Kathi leave in her own vehicle or with someone? If alone, was her vehicle ever found?

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is handling the investigation into Kathi's disappearance. Detective D.L. Ring is the lead detective assigned to this case. Her telephone number is 704-336-2700. The public can also contact Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600 or visit Charlotte Crime Stoppers - CRIMES OF THE WEEK... Click on the WBTV logo to connect to the most current videos. to download the mobile application.

Bumping for Kathi as we approach the 24th anniversary of her disappearance...

I just came across Kathi's case. I, too, wonder whether she made it to Coyote Joe's and whether she left alone. What a sad situation, and I hope her family will still get answers soon.

Kathi Jean Warren – The Charley Project

kathi_jean_warren_1.jpg

Kathi Warren, circa 1996

Missing Since: 03/08/1996
Missing From: Charlotte, North Carolina
Classification: Missing
Sex: Female
Race: White
Date of Birth: 10/20/1956 (64)
Height and Weight: 5'0, 125 pounds

Clothing/Jewelry Description
A black jacket, a white t-shirt and jeans OR a black knee-length dress, black cowboy boots and a black shawl wrapped around her shoulders.

Distinguishing Characteristics
Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Warren's ears are pierced.

Details of Disappearance
Warren was last seen leaving her residence on Kapplewood Court in Charlotte, North Carolina on March 8, 1996. She was going to attend a concert at Coyote Joe's in the 4600 block of Wilkinson Boulevard. She never returned home and has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department 704-336-2311

upload_2022-1-28_13-56-46.png
The remains were found in the 12000 block on Comanche Road, according to a Huntersville Police Department news release Thursday. The road is in a residential area, according to Google Maps.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police provided information about a potential homicide involving a missing person that led to the discovery, according to the release. No information was provided about the person of interest in custody. There is no threat to the community, Huntersville police said.
https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article257787128.html

Does anyone know what concert this was she was going to see?
I have looked for that information for quite a while, but I’ve had no luck at all finding out who was scheduled to perform there that night.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shoegazergirl
Back