KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make some very valid points and that could well be the case. A hugh amount of things have to be taken into consideration. Is it a better option to give life in prison because someone is mentally ill? I admit I am no expert and I don't know if Bpd or being a sociopath or psychopath is something treatable or a flaw in someone's make up. We don't even know if that is the true assessment of her problems. Just some thoughts to put out there. My own personal belief is if she had not been caught , after killing once she would have done so again and we would be seeing a different sort of case further down the line.

(In reply to post by Fruity)

You make some very valid points and that could well be the case. A hugh amount of things have to be taken into consideration. Is it a better option to give life in prison because someone is mentally ill? I admit I am no expert and I don't know if Bpd or being a sociopath or psychopath is something treatable or a flaw in someone's make up. We don't even know if that is the true assessment of her problems. Just some thoughts to put out there. My own personal belief is if she had not been caught , after killing once she would have done so again and we would be seeing a different sort of case further down the line.

(In reply to post by Fruity)

I completely agree with you - she would have killed again. I'm 100% sure of it. I can't speak with any authority because I'm no expert, but you're right - a huge number of things need to be taken into consideration. I personally believe that Jodi is batcrap crazy and has hidden a lot of it. That doesn't mean that I think she shouldn't face up to the harshest penalty, though.

There's a massive difference between the mental illness of someone like Jodi or Ted Bundy, compared to Andrea Yates. Imo of course.

I personally believe Scott Peterson is a classic sociopath (I didn't follow the case closely so I don't know if there was a diagnosis) and I think he's right where he belongs. Mental illness isn't black and white at all. There is so much grey. It makes cases like this very hard, especially when the person is of high intelligence. Many sociopaths are extremely intelligent and they use it to their advantage, to wreak further terror.

I completely agree with you - she would have killed again. I'm 100% sure of it. I can't speak with any authority because I'm no expert, but you're right - a huge number of things need to be taken into consideration. I personally believe that Jodi is batcrap crazy and has hidden a lot of it. That doesn't mean that I think she shouldn't face up to the harshest penalty, though.

There's a massive difference between the mental illness of someone like Jodi or Ted Bundy, compared to Andrea Yates. Imo of course.

I personally believe Scott Peterson is a classic sociopath (I didn't follow the case closely so I don't know if there was a diagnosis) and I think he's right where he belongs. Mental illness isn't black and white at all. There is so much grey. It makes cases like this very hard, especially when the person is of high intelligence. Many sociopaths are extremely intelligent and they use it to their advantage, to wreak further terror.

And lets face it, it's just not normal to kill someone in the first place but to do so in such a heinous manner you just can't call this person normal. That doesn't mean they don't understand what they have done and did not plan to do it. And, my guess is she would not have a problem doing it again. The ability to manipulate should be taken aware from her and there may only be one way to do it. She will still continue to manipulate in jail no matter how confined she is....mark my word on that.

And lets face it, it's just not normal to kill someone in the first place but to do so in such a heinous manner you just can't call this person normal. That doesn't mean they don't understand what they have done and did not plan to do it. And, my guess is she would not have a problem doing it again. The ability to manipulate should be taken aware from her and there may only be one way to do it. She will still continue to manipulate in jail no matter how confined she is....mark my word on that.

I totally agree with you. If she couldn't stop trying to manipulate people when her she knew her life is literally on the line during trial, then she will never stop, ever.

Hi all,

Just getting in from a night out with a friend who is one of the most positive uplifting people in my life. I will not keep watching this verdict over and over again and hope some of you won't either. I feel so much better and have so much perspective on this whole thing now.

I heard from two of the Alexanders this evening and the responses were full of love and appreciation. I will continue to be there for them for the duration. All is not lost.

Peace and blessings all............

KCL,
I awoke this morning praying for peace for the Alexander family. I posted on the other thread that when Cain killed Abel, God did not take his life but he exiled him. Jodi has been coddled, babied, and her attorneys have spewed all kinds of lies. That is over. She is never going free. She won't get a second chance. She is going to be in lockdown for quite a while. It will hit her at some point that this is her life now, a cold existence. No more interviews.

The jury did a good job finding her guilty of murder and aggravation. Someone or many, couldn't vote for the death penalty but she will never again walk free.

On the other hand, with our love and continued support, and most of all prayer, the Alexander family may find peace in realizing the trials for Travis are over. No heartaches, no stalking, no sickness, no more death. He is now with the Lord Jesus, alive and well. The Bible says clearly that a Christian never dies. I take God at His Word.

May the Lord give you that peace as well.

We all need to just remember ~ SHE IS NOT FREE. She's going back to jail today, where she will stay..

And in the same way Casey Anthony has been shunned by the entire country ~ it's time to turn our collective backs on Jodi Arias. It's time for HLN to see their ratings plummet, and not give this demon another second of notoriety.

The Alexander's need all the support possible to afford coming back in July, I pray they continue to be lifted up.
YES! And per Arpaio, she will be on lock down 23 of every 24 hours.. no jail house groupies.. and no more interviews!

KCL,
I awoke this morning praying for peace for the Alexander family. I posted on the other thread that when Cain killed Abel, God did not take his life but he exiled him. Jodi has been coddled, babied, and her attorneys have spewed all kinds of lies. That is over. She is never going free. She won't get a second chance. She is going to be in lockdown for quite a while. It will hit her at some point that this is her life now, a cold existence. No more interviews.

The jury did a good job finding her guilty of murder and aggravation. Someone or many, couldn't vote for the death penalty but she will never again walk free.

On the other hand, with our love and continued support, and most of all prayer, the Alexander family may find peace in realizing the trials for Travis are over. No heartaches, no stalking, no sickness, no more death. He is now with the Lord Jesus, alive and well. The Bible says clearly that a Christian never dies. I take God at His Word.

May the Lord give you that peace as well.

What bothers me is the pleasure she gets from some of her remarks that are directed at the family to deliberately hurt them. That is an evil act.

I was a bundle of nerves all during deliberations on this verdict. I woke up yesterday knowing that it was verdict day. Unfortunately, it wasn't the verdict that the family wanted.

As of now, the convicted murderer will spend her lonely days in her tiny cell with chains and shackles when she is out and about. We will be spared her mocking interviews. She will not be in the courtroom sneering at the family and demeaning them. She will have less, if any, ability to manipulate people.

For the Alexander Family, I hope you all take time to get the help you need to cope with the emotions you are feeling. You have spent 6 months in a pressure cooker and need this time to deal with this unfortunate outcome. Feed your souls with the good things that are around you. Your friends will comfort you, your jobs will give you a chance to focus on other things for a while. You have a huge and devoted group of people out here sending you their prayers and financial assistance. And please remember, Travis is with you every step of the way. I saw it at trial. He is the glue that keeps you together and focused on justice. You already have part of the justice and the rest will come with time. Most of all, don't let the murderer of you brother continue to hold sway over your emotions. She has demeaned and defamed the memory of a good man. She has caused you enormous personal grief. Don't let her win and take your lives emotionally.

Katie, bless you and keep the faith with the family. I am so glad that your brother has been a strong support for you in these last few weeks. I'm sure he sought help and battled to get better for just this reason. You need each other.

"He will always be young. He will always be beautiful. And I personally feel much safer knowing he’s up there on my side." adapted from Steel Magnolias

"And only a heartbeat away." My husband has been gone for 8 years and last night I had a dream that he surprised me by sitting next to me in a theater show. It was as if he were actually there sitting beside me. It is comforting to know they are still here and still care.

Katie, a question if you know. Will the Alexander family still have to remain silent until the verdict is final or can they speak out?

A lady here in Phx is holding a car wash with the proceeds for the Alexander's. We need to hold one too!!! What can we do KCL? Donate in mass?? What do they need from us?? I will do whatever I can to assist them. They are My Family, America's Family, and are on the right side of God. He will hold them close today and they will be able to gain strength. This isn't over. Justice will prevail!

I was emailing a friend this morning who watched the trial, but wasn't aware of the fundraising possibilities. There are probably many people who don't realize the financial burden on the Alexander family, or know of places to donate.

I would like to hear from KCL her recommendations for the best place(s) to donate so I can send out a group email to everyone I know who may wish to donate $$$ - also, I am going to ask them to forward it to everyone they know, and for those with Facebook accounts perhaps they can post something there. When I donated before I asked KCL where to send money, but I want to confirm that is still the best source to go to.

I feel we have so much power as a group to raise money for this wonderful family and thanks to KCL and all who live locally here who have helped out with gifts etc., we have learned so much more about the Alexander family and the burden they are enduring.

We can do it, and as a resident of Maricopa County, I hope tons of money comes in to show our support and that we are fully behind the Alexanders in seeking justice for Travis!

I couldn't post after that verdict yesterday...I was just sick....I sometimes write my feelings when I'm deeply affected...I started doing this after a very painful divorce... I remembered I had written a Poem for my sister...her 19 year old Grandson committed suicide...they were especially close...and can you believe this...his name was Travis...

"No Words"

No words were ever written,
No song was ever sung,
To adequately express my feelings,
Of the loss of your loved one.

Still, I keep on writing
You know, its just my way,
When life has dealt us bitter blows.
I write, what I want to convey.

I can't even begin to imagine,
Your pain and suffering inside,
Searching for the answers,
Why Travis had to die.

You have always had your Faith
It has sustained you through the years
I know it will help comfort you
Through the river of your tears.

Go with The Angel's Travis
Until you see him again
A new journey is beginning
Death, is not the end...

How is everyone feeling this morning?

Still feeling sick inside for The Alexander family.Really shocked that 4 people on that jury actually thought the evil witch was worth saving...I feel sorry for those 4 when they actually see all her interviews that we were privy to...well, its not over tell the fat lady sings...for now its enough to know she's locked up...no more interviews...is it true her parents were out sightseeing when the so called non verdict came down...??

YES! And per Arpaio, she will be on lock down 23 of every 24 hours.. no jail house groupies.. and no more interviews!

Just knowing she won't be directing a media blitz and will be alone 23 hours a day makes yesterday's non verdict easier to accept.

Better knowing that justice is here..murderer is locked up!!!
I am planning a nice relaxing weekend w family and friends..going to find a blue candle to light for Travis family..the rest I am leaving in God's hand!
Blessings to you KCL & your family!
Thank you to all here at WS ... You have provided great support.
I am inspired to be more kind and loving in my everyday life.

We must all live our best life even if at times we fall short.....Justice is here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiseThread07