KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad you are spending some time on yourself! I have a question I was wondering about, and if it's too personal I understand. I know that in your sister's case you had 2 different verdicts. In hindsight, do you feel one is "better" than the other? Over the years does it get easier or do the appeal hearings cause you to relive everything? Did you get any satisfaction out of seeing the inmate deteriorate? It must take an extraordinary amount of strength to keep going, and I truly admire you. Just wanted to get a better idea of what the victim's families go through.

I'm on my phone right now but will respond to this at length when I get home xo

One would think the jury would be sensitive to that as well. But, it didn't stop the foreman from jumping in there before dawn the next day to defend what I presume (IMO) to be his legion of four. I personally wouldn't mind hearing from at least one representative from the other mindset. I do agree that we've heard enough lies and negativity about Travis to last several lifetimes.

In support of the Alexanders, I'm hoping friends and family of murder victims speak out and help put this into perspective for the world. My father's friend and secretary, my babysitter, was murdered by her boyfriend when I was young. She was a wonderful woman, but she did say some bad things about the guy in her life, absolutely (to my dad). She probably even fought with him a few times, like couples do. I have no idea if she was the type to get a little mean ever or not in personal relationships. That's usually not discussed in murder trials.

We don't usually dig that deep in trying to find any flaws in the victims. It's irrelevant! If Tracy (my babysitter) was ever sharp with her tongue with her mate, it changes nothing about her murder. My God.

Murder victims don't have to be perfect. It's wrong of anyone to include normal flaws about the victim as any kind of mitigating factor, imho. That puts the burden on the victim for their own murder, and that is incredibly immoral, in my view :(

Tracy's murderer got out in 15 years, btw. This was back in the day (and there were racial issues with the times, and justice is not always blind :( ). I am very, very happy that JA will never get out of prison. That is huge, and incredibly important.

Chris Hughes is letting us know that the odds are in our favor to go forward with new jury for this phase. Check it out http://t.co/w6l7sDETne

Chis Hughes explains the family remains in dire need of donations although they would never ask. "Many have asked. All donations will continue 2 go 2 the #AlexanderFamily until the trial is over. Pls donate toTravisAlexanderFund.com"

In support of the Alexanders, I'm hoping friends and family of murder victims speak out and help put this into perspective for the world. My father's friend and secretary, my babysitter, was murdered by her boyfriend when I was young. She was a wonderful woman, but she did say some bad things about the guy in her life, absolutely (to my dad). She probably even fought with him a few times, like couples do. I have no idea if she was the type to get a little mean ever or not in personal relationships. That's usually not discussed in murder trials.

We don't usually dig that deep in trying to find any flaws in the victims. It's irrelevant! If Tracy (my babysitter) was ever sharp with her tongue with her mate, it changes nothing about her murder. My God.

Murder victims don't have to be perfect. It's wrong of anyone to include normal flaws about the victim as any kind of mitigating factor, imho. That puts the burden on the victim for their own murder, and that is incredibly immoral, in my view :(

Tracy's murderer got out in 15 years, btw. This was back in the day (and there were racial issues with the times, and justice is not always blind :( ). I am very, very happy that JA will never get out of prison. That is huge, and incredibly important.

So beautifully written. No wonder you are 'writer7'! I am so sorry for your father's and your loss.

There's something about Bill?????

Zevakos replied, "Yeah, I'd really like to talk to Jodi. But I'd like to ask her the questions that everybody wants to ask her. What really happened?"
Now the penalty phase will have to be done all over again with another jury. Bill Zevakos says finding another impartial jury will be almost impossible.

http://m.insideedition.com/?redirurl=%2Fheadlines%2F6389-jodi-ariass-juror-opens-up-about-trial

Sorry but imho he is so very wrong. They should have tried to deliberate with a different person as foreperson. Sometimes this brings a swift verdict. You just never know; I doubt that they even knew they could do this; much like PSI trial....

How is everyone feeling this morning?

I woke up about half an hour ago - it's a chilly winter morning here.

Have any juror interviews been given so far? When I went to bed last night I read that the foreman (bald guy?) gave a very short interview on GMA, but that's all I know about. Any others?

It was very interesting to see that he implied it was very emotional in the jury room.

Speaking to Good Morning America, he admitted he did not think Jodi did herself any favors when she took the stand for 18 days because she had so many contradictory stories.
The hardest part, he said, was having to sit six feet away from Travis Alexander's family while listening to all the horrific things that happened to him.
'Until you are face to face with someone who is going through that, you cannot put it into words,' he said. 'If you cannot feel that then you have no emotion, no soul.
'But we couldn't allow ourselves to be emotional and for that I am very proud of my jurors, they did a fantastic job of holding it together - though it was a different story when we got into the jury room.

What I kept thinking yesterday was...

You aren't killing Jodi... Jodi killed Jodi. SHE DID THIS TO HERSELF!

I still don't understand how a DP qualified jury couldn't do what they were charged to do.
That's the way I felt last night.

But I had to remind myself that this has happened five other times in Arizona with DP qualified juries. Presumably some (if not all) of the defendants were male instead of a young attractive intelligent (but evil) female defendant.

I just think the four holdout jurors possibly based their decision on their feelings about the entire trial -- e.g. accusations of abuse and mental issues -- rather than focusing (as instructed) on aggrevators vs. mitigators.

Not unlike jury nullification where jurors opt for a lesser charge based more on instinct and feelings about the defendant rather than the evidence before them.

Shame on them. But I can still come to grips with how it may have happened even though I am so saddened for Travis' poor family.

Many of us might say we could vote for the DP. But I suspect we all have different thresholds either consciously or subconsciously.

I say the foreman was the one Jodi and wilmont were eyeing up,hearing him I think we were lucky to get a m1 conviction ,so lets say good riddance to them and on to a new jury.

Don't know if any of you have seen this video from the 'main' thread regarding what Jodi will face when she gets to Perryville.. VERY interesting!!

Jella said:
IMO this is not a win, after the video I just watched posted on the last thread...even LWOP will kill the CM we see today....

http://youtu.be/YJTBLd-72fg

Definitely puts my mind at ease... life or death

There's something about Bill?????

Zevakos replied, "Yeah, I'd really like to talk to Jodi. But I'd like to ask her the questions that everybody wants to ask her. What really happened?"
Now the penalty phase will have to be done all over again with another jury. Bill Zevakos says finding another impartial jury will be almost impossible.

http://m.insideedition.com/?redirurl=%2Fheadlines%2F6389-jodi-ariass-juror-opens-up-about-trial

The more he talks, the more he upsets me. He would like to talk to Arias? He doesn't yet know she is a manipulator and con? Good grief!

But, the jurors DID do what they were charged to do. They deliberated, and they voted. They were not compelled to agree with one another. The jury instructions made this clear.

On the first two parts of this trial I agree.. listening to the foreman however, I don't agree... he wants to get in touch with JA. He thinks she was abused both mentally and physically and he admits he let his feelings into this case.

Based on the LAW alone, they should have given her the DP. They didn't. So NO, they didn't do their job. None of her "mitigating factors" were valid. Therefore she should have gotten the DP. The 4 jurors that "couldn't do it" wasted my taxpayer money, are somehow "surprised" when the judge called a mistrial, and it is my deep hope once they get all the information realize that they just gave JA yet another delusion. She is going to think that they believe her.

You don't have to agree with me. This is just how I feel about this. I am SICK of seeing/hearing and lookinga at JA. I hope she just GOES AWAY.

Personally I really hope none of the Jurors speak out further. It doesn't matter to me who thought what and why. I don't want to hear anything negative about Travis. They have rendered their decision and that's the end for them. I think for them to speak out is only going to stir the pot.

I agree - the more I hear the more upset I find myself getting - and I am trying hard not to 'go there'. On the way home from the store I heard on the radio that one of them said she is not Charles Mansion or Jeffery Dahmer and that her no prior history was mentioned - so that must have been the mitigator they used to refuse DP.

BTW - have the unsealed the juror questions yet? Or the ALV stuff?

Here is the screen grab if anyone doubts:

screen-shot-2013-05-24-at-9-20-00-am.png

Multiple choice question...
Your daughter has just been convicted of aggravated, premeditated first degree murder. While the jury deliberates her fate (life in prison or the death penalty) what do you do?
A. Fall to your knees begging god for forgiveness and mercy.
B. Stay as close to the courthouse as you can so you will be there the moment the verdict is read.
C. Both A & B
D. Go on a sightseeing tour of the Grand Canyon. :facepalm:

That's the way I felt last night.

But I had to remind myself that this has happened five other times in Arizona with DP qualified juries. Presumably some (or all) of the defendants were male instead of a young attractive intelligent (but evil) female defendant.

I just think the four holdout jurors possibly based their decison on their feelinngs about the entire trial -- e.g. accusations of abuse and mental issues -- rather than focusing (as instructed) on aggrevators vs. mitigators.

Not unlike jury nullification where jurors opt for a lesser charge based more on instinct and feelings about the defendant rather than the evidence before them.

Shame on them. But I can still come to grips with how it may have happened.

Not me.. I am just not there yet. My tax dollars are paying for this trial. Really it's just a darn circus. They didn't follow the law and for that reason and to me that one alone, it's going to cost even more money to finish this. That is not acceptable. Not at all.

I can see how they screwed up, but I am still angry. This foreman needs to just shut up. I don't want to hear why they did what they did. I am grateful that they didn't make a mistake on the M1 and aggravating factors. But the fact that they couldn't do what they were charged to do makes me really sick.

I don't care what gender the murderer is. I don't care how "pretty" she is. She admitted she killed him. She admitted she killed him 3 times over. They proved she premeditated this murder. She went to UTAH to grind with another man right after she did this. The fact that this foreman actually thinks that JA was abused is so sad and wrong.

They made a mistake. They made a HUGE mistake. I kind of feel sorry for those 4 jurors. When they realize how much JA and DT manipulated them, they are going to realize just how much of a mistake they made.

They can move this trial up North and I bet they can find a jury that doesn't know as much as the Phoenix/Tuscon area. She needs to be on death row. She deserves to be on death row.

I am really sorry. I am not pointing fingers or directing this at you sdmike, my bff was murdered in much the same way as TA. I was pregnant at the time and working and couldn't follow her trial. I have felt guilt ever since. My following this trial was my "redemption" for not being there when I should have been. For me, this feels very personal as though I am one of TA's family members. I can only imagine that part of what i am feeling is what Steven might be feeling and maybe the others. I don't know. I am so angry about this verdict and those jurors. No matter how hard I try to let this go and not be angry, I am just not there yet.

So please forgive me... I just really needed to get this out. I am sure a TO is in my future, but I feel ready to explode I am so hurt, frustrated and angry. My prayers and thoughts are with the Alexander's

Props to JVM. I've seen her reiterate all day today the fact that those communications that the juror foreperson must have used to come to his conclusion that TA was emotionally/verbally abusive was 3 or 4 out of a total of 80,000 or so. It's absurd!

Props to JVM. I've seen her reiterate all day today the fact that those communications that the juror foreperson must have used to come to his conclusion that TA was emotionally/verbally abusive was 3 or 4 out of a total of 80,000 or so. It's absurd!

That is true. They said there were about 80,000...more from Jodi than from Travis. Out of all of those they were only able to find what they presented in court and only one was really, really bad which tells us she did something unforgiveable as far as he was concerned.

That is true. They said there were about 80,000...more from Jodi than from Travis. Out of all of those they were only able to find what they presented in court and only one was really, really bad which tells us she did something unforgiveable as far as he was concerned.

So can they bring that up now even though they didn't in the original trial? Did her saying the last story she told about what happened was true in those new interviews open it up for the prosecution to rebut more in the penalty phase? Or do they just get to reiterate what they said before?

My favorite movie ever. I have watched it so many time's that I knew where those words came from. I wish I had a Weezer to pull in front of me and tell the Alexander's *Here, punch this. Go ahead Alexander's punch her light's out.*

I love this movie, too. Perhaps we can sell t-shirts that say "I slapped Jodi Arias".

Multiple choice question...
Your daughter has just been convicted of aggravated, premeditated first degree murder. While the jury deliberates her fate (life in prison or the death penalty) what do you do?
A. Fall to your knees begging god for forgiveness and mercy.
B. Stay as close to the courthouse as you can so you will be there the moment the verdict is read.
C. Both A & B
D. Go on a sightseeing tour of the Grand canyon. :facepalm:

I was yelling this when they was reporting they was waiting for the arias family,,thank you for catching this also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJ1690