KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Eiglarsh ‏@MarkEiglarsh 16h

@MusickRebecca @Karenfoxwell88 And thank you for that! I appreciate it. Enjoy your weekend. Mark
Expand
Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 3h

@MarkEiglarsh I was an alternate in this trial and I am disgusted and outraged with the interviews our "foreman" has done! He needs to stop!
Expand
Mark Eiglarsh Mark Eiglarsh ‏@MarkEiglarsh 1h

@tarakelley320 Were you really? Do tell more.
Expand
Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 1h

@MarkEiglarsh I was unfortunately:/ I was alternate juror 17! Devastate with the outcome!
Expand
Mark Eiglarsh Mark Eiglarsh ‏@MarkEiglarsh 25m

@tarakelley320 Any interest on being on Dr Drew to share with us?
Expand

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 1m

@MarkEiglarsh yep I will be in studio on Tuesday! Bill told me I could tell now lol! I told him u had to be on though!!!

She was also the juror who asked our favorite question. After telling all those lies, how are we supposed to believe you now ? (not verbatim)

What's ironic is Ponytail sat right next to The Artist all these months.

I mean Tara and whathisname.

To all my fellow WSers:

I love your comments. I love how you can articulate without attacking one another. I love how everyone (especially Katie!) is supportive of the living victims. I love how everyone wants justice for Travis.

Today I will open the sunroof, blast the Sountrack to Mamma Mia, and cruise up the coast with my youngest child just home from college. We're going to spend a fabulous Memorial Day weekend relaxing and having fun. I wish you ALL a relaxing, peaceful weekend. Know that justice is not far off.

Oh... and I'm going to start writing my latest book, "1000 Places Jodi Arias Will Never See (Again) Before She Dies"

:seeya: Peace out!

To all my fellow WSers:

I love your comments. I love how you can articulate without attacking one another. I love how everyone (especially Katie!) is supportive of the living victims. I love how everyone wants justice for Travis.

Today I will open the sunroof, blast the Sountrack to Mamma Mia, and cruise up the coast with my youngest child just home from college. We're going to spend a fabulous Memorial Day weekend relaxing and having fun. I wish you ALL a relaxing, peaceful weekend. Know that justice is not far off.

Oh... and I'm going to start writing my latest book, "1000 Places Jodi Arias Will Never See (Again) Before She Dies"

:seeya: Peace out!

Ok that last line just gave myself what my friend Joi calls "that asthma laugh". :lol:

Have a great weekend.

In the Dept. of Perspective, I'm thinking this morning how grateful I am that this whole sliver of time we are in right now is not the moment right after the GUILT verdict came in. Can you only imagine if a NG or hung jury came in at this phase and we were hearing this stuff?

Jodi Arias is a convicted felon of FIRST DEGREE murder with aggravating circumstances PERMANENTLY.

We got a little excited maybe that this avalanche of justice was gonna ride all the way home. But this is really a tiny miniscule speedbump compared to a NG verdict or having to retry the entire case over.

Whew....just had to reorient my mind there for a sec.
Katie, my mind is leaving me at a rapid pace, I read this and said Nancy Grace? forgot about Not Guilty....:floorlaugh:

Katie have you read this post from Kristina Randle's Mental Health and Criminal Justice blog? It's very enlightening.

Jodi Arias Trial: An Analysis of the New Darryl Brewer Interview

Excerpt:

"So years after having become a new person and having turned into a completely unrecognizable, corrupt human being, Jodi went down to borrow two gas cans and have breakfast with Darryl and his son."

Read Complete article at link:

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-trial-an-analysis-of-the-new-darryl-brewer-interview/

Gauntlet shared this with us on the other thread, Will make everyone feel a bit better. :)

J No 17, an alternate is speaking out: https://twitter.com/tarakelley320

More tweets

You don't need Twitter to read:

To hWild:
I saw my nickname as the manicurist but i hate to say i have no nails lol! I was just bored and staying awake! Alt juror 17

I asked her,"after all the lies you told,why should we believe u now?"I wanted her to know she wasn't fooling me!!

I was an alternate in this trial and I am disgusted and outraged with the interviews our "foreman" has done! He needs to stop!

definitely not happy with what is being said! Keep an eye out, there will be other jurors talking soon!!

there will be other jurors coming out and speaking, including myself! We had all agreed to wait until next week to interview!
him and I were together from day 1 of jury selections! I'm definitely disgusted and upset in the awful things he is saying!

In response to being asked why the foreman spoke out soooner:
@jdemboyz he did agree to it! We all thought it was best to just take the wknd to relax! We've been at this so long we wanted a break!

As an alt on this trial, I am very disgusted with what our "foreman" has said! Please know that we didn't all feel this way!!! #jodiarias

It says soooooo much about his CHARACTER that he broke his word to the other jurors about not doing interviews until next week. It is unbelievable that he spent 5 tense months with these people in a highly responsible role and broke his word the very next day!!

I think she got lucky this time around! I truly believe justice will prevail!

I just watched more of the foreman's interview...which I believe revealed his vote and a lot of his personality. I believe he voted against the DP.
Further, he said the jurors were mere mortals, not lawyers and they shouldnt have to make this decision. He cited The Manson case.

I pray we NEVER get to the state that a persons fate is decided on by just lawyers. He appears, at least to me, to be someone who would possibly railroad the others with his views.

I couldn't vote for the DP, because I couldn't take someone's life, I don't think. But the murder of Travis Alexander was every bit as heinous and cruel as the Manson killings! I remember that case well and there were a group of sick killers who invaded someone's home and went on a killing rampage. Just tell me how Jodi was different from Manson? She too planned a slaughter.

The foreman said she was just a "normal" young girl until she met TA. How sick and twisted is the foreman's mind to make statements like this?

During this trial it occurred to me that Manson was incredibly dangerous because he was a personality that attracted others---others that were so enthralled with him they would readily do his evil bidding. The other personality that comes to mind with this "gift" is bin Laden, another twisted soul who sat back and impelled others to do his will.

JA did not follow this pattern. She plotted and performed her crime herself, yet it is obvious she did have this nascent power to compel others to do her will. MM & DB come to mind. And this power seems to have grown in jail. She does not seem to have difficulty recruiting people who "believe" in her. That IS similar to bin Laden and Manson.

All of these three were charismatic, intelligent and able. Think of what they could have accomplished if these skills were turned toward benefitting others. People rage and froth when JA's abilities are mentioned, but it is obvious that she is bright, canny, shrewd, confident, and ambitious (in a twisted manifestation). During this trial I thought more than once that she WOULD have made a great defense attorney--her personality is perfectly suited to defending improbable scenarios. She never gives up. She's got a nose for the loophole. She fights and argues and defends herself like a honey badger. A shame she is also immoral, evil, and cold blooded.

Clearly she was capable of having a career and succeeding in her own right, but she CHOSE not to. She chose to put her nose to the grindstone only to succeed at manipulation, control, and destruction.

I don't know what to think when Dr. Drew and other TH's point to her family, her "diagnosis", or some "damage" that "turned" her into this unfathomable creature. None of those reasons make sense to me. I guess that is what first drew me to the case.

Juan was brilliant and I think he is more shocked than we were. However, I do wish I had seen more of his passion after JW stood there and asked "could you kill her?". I am looking forward to hearing from the other eleven jurors.

I was looking for it too. Wilmont kept objecting during his closing breaking his flow and impact. I honestly thought Wilmont had a much stronger closing. She wanted the jurors to believe that since Jodi was already convicted of murder1, that was sufficient punishment. "You convicted her, you did your job, etc." She wanted them to ignore the aggravating factors and throw everything out the window that they learned the past 5 months. It was as if this part of the trial was in an alternate universe.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 23m

@tarakelley320 that would be great Tara! hwhen is your Dr. Drew interview? I will schedule our twitter interview for a day after it.
Expand

Tara Kelley Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 4m

@WildAboutTrial it is Tuesday night and I am off Wednesday so I will be available!!
Hide conversation

Retweet
Favorite

1 Retweet
3 Favorites
Kathie Evans Wild About Trial Stabbys Pencil

12:47 PM - 25 May 13 · Details
Tweet text
Reply to @tarakelley320 @WildAboutTrial

Image will appear as a link

Wild About Trial Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m

@tarakelley320 excellent! I will DM you with more details. Thanks Tara, I am looking forward to it!! Enjoy your holiday hweekend! :)

It says soooooo much about his CHARACTER that he broke his word to the other jurors about not doing interviews until next week. It is unbelievable that he spent 5 tense months with these people in a highly responsible role and broke his word the very next day!!

Something or someone motivated him to blast outta the gate like that. I really wonder what that back story is.

First question I'd like to ask him is "what did you think of Darryl Brewer's testimony via interview that day?".

Everything you said here Katiecoolady reads loud and clearly to my Soul.
I Love how your mind works because it's so obviously linked to your Heart and Soul. You are one 'Special' Lady in every sense of the word. I love how you're spending today with Alphonse. Dare I say that I envy your new mani/pedicure??? This time I won't send any pictures of my sad digits (giggling) . . .

WISCONSIN-Paula.GIF We live in the 'Dairy State' so
CowWave (2).gif

I want to share something along the lines what our thread Prethident Lady Edith posted earlier about sometimes things not being as they seem...and a better plan unfolding that you may not know about or see at the time.

Please forgive if I'm repeating myself but this bears repeating now I think.

When the verdict came in I was with my brother who broke in to tears, put his hand over his tearful eyes and said "I feel just like I did when they let Rudi off Death Row". They argued for 7 years to get the man who slit my sister's throat AND his brother who masterminded the plot for money off DR on a mental retardation claim. It was completely insane if you knew the facts of the case. But as soon as the Supreme Court issued a ruling that the mentally retarded cannot be executed many DR inmates become mentally retarded overnight including Cindy's killers. It was kind of a "test case" in AZ with one trier of fact , a Judge who ruled EVERYTHING for the defense and nothing in our favor. I could go on and on about the abuses levied at my family during those years --far worse than anything we ever experienced during the criminal process (which was very very mild) up to the moment of the resentencing of the one let off death row where his attorney turned and addressed me in open court offering me and my family an apology.

Right before I stepped up to kick his *advertiser censored** with a Victim Impact Statement.

Anyway, it was horrible, just horrible and exhausting and devastating. To watch my then 78 yr old father in court every day, testifying, reliving 18 years later and the ways we were disrespected and flat out abused, just horrible. And then, one of them was granted the reprieve. Horrifying. Luckily he was given consecutive life WITH parole sentences so he will be a. never let out of prison and b. forgotten.

This case brought up all that again for my dear brother.

But after hugging and crying, I sat him down and reminded him of the reality of that situation. It was a very healing conversation for us to have as Alfonse really fell apart during those trials and we just never really talked about all that..now was the time.

Those brothers were on the same situation JA will likely get--23 hrs per day in max security BUT their cells were above each other so they could communicate all day in their native tongue thru the vents. What a luxury for that kind of deprivation. Imagine if JA was in a cell all day with someone she actually cared about (cough) in a cell next to her she could talk to all day vs well nobody. it was huge..and a huge LOSS. So we lost our sister, they ultimate lost each other when one was let off DR and moved to an entirely different part of the State. The only way they will ever lay eyes on each other again is if the one invites the other to his execution. Careful what you ask for. Poetic justice.

It's funny because in a convoluted slam at me, Kiefer mentioned that appeal and how I've "never been the same since" while at the same time blaming ME for "changing in to a completely different person" (he did not mean this as a compliment). Odd as he's not even seen me since that time at all. It was clear he was making a statement about how the DP "ruins" victim's families but at the same time it's our own fault because we agreed to the DP in the first place. He was really using it as an example to bolster all the slams at the Alexanders he was making as if all the horrible things they were hearing about Travis was their own fault for not taking the plea. This is how convoluted these things get. Pure "blame the victim" plain and simple.

But I digress...because the moral of this long tale is that even though the result of that arduous appeal was devastating to us, in the long run it ended up MUCH BETTER. He got separated from his brother meaning a deeper punishment for them BOTH and at the same time, people stopped appealing for him and he ended up. ..............forgotten and locked away for life where we don't have to hear about him again.

See what I mean? There could be something going on here that has a silver lining we just can't see right now. And that's where I really want to do my best to stay open to.

This IS a good vs evil story at play here and I believe with all my heart the GOOD will prevail.

In the meantime, I want to keep supporting the family as really that's the only thing that truly makes sense to me and I can have some control over.

Ok...long winded post...thanks for indulging me and hope it rings somewhere in some of you too.

xoxo

Katie have you read this post from Kristina Randle's Mental Health and Criminal Justice blog? It's very enlightening.

Excerpt:

"So years after having become a new person and having turned into a completely unrecognizable, corrupt human being, Jodi went down to borrow two gas cans and have breakfast with Darryl and his son."

http://kristinarandle.com/blog/jodi-arias-trial-an-analysis-of-the-new-darryl-brewer-interview/

Dr. Randle's analysis has been so enlightening and spot on. I hope everyone takes time to read these.

During this trial it occurred to me that Manson was incredibly dangerous because he was a personality that attracted others---others that were so enthralled with him they would readily do his evil bidding. The other personality that comes to mind with this "gift" is bin Laden, another twisted soul who sat back and impelled others to do his will.

JA did not follow this pattern. She plotted and performed her crime herself, yet it is obvious she did have this nascent power to compel others to do her will. MM & DB come to mind. And this power seems to have grown in jail. She does not seem to have difficulty recruiting people who "believe" in her. That IS similar to bin Laden and Manson.

All of these three were charismatic, intelligent and able. Think of what they could have accomplished if these skills were turned toward benefitting others. People rage and froth when JA's abilities are mentioned, but it is obvious that she is bright, canny, shrewd, confident, and ambitious (in a twisted manifestation). During this trial I thought more than once that she WOULD have made a great defense attorney--her personality is perfectly suited to defending improbable scenarios. She never gives up. She's got a nose for the loophole. She fights and argues and defends herself like a honey badger. A shame she is also immoral, evil, and cold blooded.

Clearly she was capable of having a career and succeeding in her own right, but she CHOSE not to. She chose to put her nose to the grindstone only to succeed at manipulation, control, and destruction.

I don't know what to think when Dr. Drew and other TH's point to her family, her "diagnosis", or some "damage" that "turned" her into this unfathomable creature. None of those reasons make sense to me. I guess that is what first drew me to the case.

Greetings Her Ladyship.

I just find myself landing on "sometimes evil just drops on to this planet unexpectedly" about her. Nothing else really lines up. I just think she's some freak of nature (which is also what got me interested in this case in the first place).

I strongly feel that the jury foreman is nothing more than someone who thought that Jodi Arias was not deserving of the DP because he did not see her as among the worst of the worst - nothing more, nothing less. I believe his mind was made up before the penalty phase.

Please try to ignore all his comments. It's all BS to justify (and rationalize) his troubling decision that (along with 3 others) devastated the wonderful Alexander family.

Trust me, it is not about sexual attraction and not about lying during voir dire. He simply has a higher threshold than many of us. It pains me to say that he is not alone in thinking that JA is not among the worst of the worst. Did these people not see the gruesome crime scene photographs? Shame on him and shame on Geraldo Rivera for agreeing with him.

Something or someone motivated him to blast outta the gate like that. I really wonder what that back story is.

First question I'd like to ask him is "what did you think of Darryl Brewer's testimony via interview that day?".

It is as if someone told him "If you don't get your story out there first, someone else is going to tell it for you." Sort of like Flores told ja in interrogation.

Excerpt:

Very interesting. When people make things up as they go along, other smarter people fill in the cracks later. I love this kristina randle. One of many people related to this trial I'd love to meet!

It is as if someone told him "If you don't get your story out there first, someone else is going to tell it for you." Sort of like Flores told ja in interrogation.

Yes, and wonder when that was indicated to him. Before or after they concluded their "deliberations".

Everything you said here Katiecoolady reads loud and clearly to my Soul.
I Love how your mind works because it's so obviously linked to your Heart and Soul. You are one 'Special' Lady in every sense of the word. I love how you're spending today with Alphonse. Dare I say that I envy your new mani/pedicure??? This time I won't send any pictures of my sad digits (giggling) . . .

View attachment 34338 We live in the 'Dairy State' so
View attachment 34339

You always say such sweet things to me and make my heart sing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125