KidFinders ~ Have the EVER found a kid? & Kathi B. Interview #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they've gotten enough complaints already...don't ya think? I mean it even made the news, as did WS' involvement with the account being shut down.

There is a difference between a genuine, legitimate complaint from a "consumer", and wild speculation from people in forums being encouraged to write in and complain about an organization they have had no personal dealings with, and probably have no standing to make a complaint as a "consumer" (your term).

An investigation is one thing, and as I said before, I think it already happened or is still happening. Serious accusations are being made against the individuals involved in this group in relation to misuse of funds, and I don't see any real basis for those allegations. And I'm no fan of the Anthony's.
There was an investigation of KFN? Link, please?!

impersonating a police officer is a CRIME.[ your bedroom scene is a poor example.

I assure you, the police took it quite seriously...they were very offended by their uniform being used in that way...the guy who's uniform it was had to come to Court, it made the paper, and he was the butt of jokes...he didn't appreciate it. Why is it a poor example?

I haven't seen their paperwork so I can't say if they've misapplied funds or not...all I can say is that I see no EVIDENCE, just speculation, that they have done so. It's not my job to look into them, people are paid good money to do that very job, and I'm sure they are more than capable.

You are right- we have not seen evidence to document for fact that they have misappropriated funds, but they are saying they are searching for Caylee- a live Caylee at that, yet aren't calling volunteers? Aren't searching actively that ANYONE is aware of (and the media is ALL over this case). They are instead soliciting donations as they are short on funds to search for Caylee.

It is fishy and do feel that they need to at least looked into.

I assure you, the police took it quite seriously...they were very offended by their uniform being used in that way...the guy who's uniform it was had to come to Court, it made the paper, and he was the butt of jokes...he didn't appreciate it. Why is it a poor example?

As you stated that you were not from the US, you may not be aware of some of the crazy stuff that has occurred with individuals impersonating police officers. Women have been raped, individuals robbed, etc.

It usually is not something as simple as your bedroom example and that is why I believe they do not feel that it was as simple as your example.

You are right- we have not seen evidence to document for fact that they have misappropriated funds, but they are saying they are searching for Caylee- a live Caylee at that, yet aren't calling volunteers? Aren't searching actively that ANYONE is aware of (and the media is ALL over this case). They are instead soliciting donations as they are short on funds to search for Caylee.

It is fishy and do feel that they need to at least looked into.
Thank you for putting it so succinctly.

b/c bedroom antics do not fit the crime of impersonating a police officer.

Police impersonation (impersonating a police officer) is the illegal act of portraying oneself as a member of law enforcement for the purpose of deception. Such acts are generally committed in order to assert police-like authority in order to commit some other crime. Posing as a police officer enables the offender to legitimize the appearance of his/her illegal act, such as gaining entry into a victim's house, making a traffic stop, or detaining. I don't think (LOL) that bedroom activities would be used to deceive! LOL

LOL....not the bedroom activities, but the uniform was used to deceive the other guy into believing he was having bedroom activities with a p.o., not a thief and arsonist, which was the reality. It was years ago, and IIRC the charge was a stolen property charge. I raised the use of the stolen property so that the court would know it wasn't being used on the street to deceive the public....lol.

BTW, did anyone notice the KFN emblem on their page looks like a police badge??

it is a poor example to bring in the bedroom scene as a way to justify a way a person may impersonate a police officer..the other example you gave was that some people may impersonate a police officer to fight crime...your post was in defense of people who impersonate police officers..read your post.this was the impression that i got when i read your post..at the time you posted it you were defending KF.

LOL....not the bedroom activities, but the uniform was used to deceive the other guy into believing he was having bedroom activities with a p.o., not a thief and arsonist, which was the reality. It was years ago, and IIRC the charge was a stolen property charge. I raised the use of the stolen property so that the court would know it wasn't being used on the street to deceive the public....lol.

BTW, did anyone notice the KFN emblem on their page looks like a police badge??
Way back...

OK this "impersonating a police officer", did it happen in FL? Since the case is closed I am sure we could req info from the case file, such as the original police report and find out the circumstances. Wouldn't be that hard.

Yes, in Florida. He had a fake police badge, had his car painted to look like the real thing with flashing lights and the works, Part of his restitution was to relinquish all badges and repaint his car. I'd point you to the link but I'm dragging from a wild day of shopping.

BunnyPhoenix- you posted it twice- but the point that I will make yet again is that in the U.S. with such strict laws especially in dealing with children, you would think someone charged and found guilty of a felony in impersonating a police officer would not be the president of a missing children's organization

Like I said, there should be legislation dealing with this very issue. If there isn't, and you feel there should be, you should petition the appropriate lawmakers to change the laws.

LOL...do we know the circumstances? I was involved in a case once, where someone had a police uniform and impersonated a police officer in the bedroom with his partner. Maybe that's all this was about...lol. Do we know the circumstances of the offence or what penalty he got? Depending on the circumstances, it can be a pretty minor offence. For example, you may pretend you are a police officer to try to stop someone from committing a crime.

Okay let me get this straight..someone was intimate in the bedroom playing dress up and got busted for impersonating a police officer? Just how did that happen?

Okay let me get this straight..someone was intimate in the bedroom playing dress up and got busted for impersonating a police officer? Just how did that happen?
good question ..i wondered how this became public.

That was funny. YOu don't get convicted of impersonating a police officer for playing one in the bedroom - you have to intimidate someone and it IS a felony. HE also has a parole violation in addition. Not like he didn't know what was entailed in parole either - unless he's a total bozo. It's pretty obvious he has anger management problems.

This is Dennis M. at JBP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6DU957q2RM

Now these are the words and actions so becoming of a Founder and President of a non-profit that is for finding kids......
I do not know about anyone else but I would not want someone who acts like that, has a habit of having to be sued by the people who he hires to work for him and the companies whom he purchase goods from to get paid, does not pay his taxes, and has been told by the judge to dispose of the false police badges and to have those cars repainted to removed the police emblem signs and to remove the take down bars on those vehicles to comply with allowing a lesser sentence to have anything to do with handling donations of money that people give from the goodness of their heart to find missing children.
Nor would I want him around me if I were vulnerable and desperate to find a loved one.

Those are just the things that it took me 30 minuets to find on ONE county court website.

Just think there is the whole rest of the state to look out.

This is just a portion of what is on record: I removed last names so it is somewhat difficult to read. Go to the Palm Beach county records and start reading the link is posted on this thread already.

http://courtcon.co.palm-beach.fl.us/...ate=&end_date=

Notice details one of the dockets:

GERBER--DEFT PRES W/CO.PROB W/PRIDE,SPEC CONDS.PSYCH EVAL,NO CONTACT W/VICTIM,JAIL TOUR,STAY OUT OF AREA,FORFEIT ALL ID'S BADGES,LIGHTS,HORNS & SIRENS/NOISE MAKING DEVICES W/IN 2 WKS REPAINT 2 CARS TO REMOVE "GOTCHA" & OTHER LOGOS W/IN 1 MO

it is a poor example to bring in the bedroom scene as a way to justify a way a person may impersonate a police officer..the other example you gave was that some people may impersonate a police officer to fight crime...your post was in defense of people who impersonate police officers..read your post.this was the impression that i got when i read your post..at the time you posted it you were defending KF.

You have no idea what his circumstances were, so how in the world could you know if they were bad examples or not??? I'm not defending anyone. Just pointing out that you are SPECULATING re the circumstances....it could be lots of different things. When you call someone at home and they don't answer, you may assume they are out....but maybe, they were just in the shower, didn't get to the phone on time, didn't feel like answering.

bunny are you a defense attorney?

As you stated that you were not from the US, you may not be aware of some of the crazy stuff that has occurred with individuals impersonating police officers. Women have been raped, individuals robbed, etc.

It usually is not something as simple as your bedroom example and that is why I believe they do not feel that it was as simple as your example.

I'm not from the USA, but I'm sure you read enough news to know crimes of that nature also occur outside your country...ever heard of Europe, Canada, Australia...anyone ever told you women get raped and people get robbed in those countries too? I can assure you it happens.

But, and I'm sure it's the same where you live, if people are convicted of rape or robbery, they wouldn't simply show a conviction for impersonating a police officer.

People impersonate police officers for lots of reasons....people also have been known to walk into bathrooms and pretend they are police to stop drug use in there from continuing. You shouldn't assume it's the worst case scenario...speculation is dangerous...please wait for the facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves