KS KS - DENNIS LYNN RADER, BTK Serial Killer

Verity said:
Yeah, right...lol

I meant something like this: http://www.lutheranworld.org/

Having read that Paula Rader was a founder of this Church, I was wondering whether it is an autonomous 501 (c) 3 non-profit, or part of a larger group.

Verity
Interesting point about his wife being a founder of the church.

Dark Knight said:
PS: Pastor Clark needs to stop talking to the media and keep his thoughts to himself, for the sake of the victim's families, at least. Yes, we are all sinners and will be judged, but we are not all charged with 10 murders with torture. Just keep it to yourself, Pastor, and don't look at this like an opportunity to become famous. I defended his visiting him and his initial reasoning, but his public comments are pushing it with me.

Glad to see some others are now coming out and saying how evil this guy was acting in his everyday life. His harassing the woman dying of cancer for not mowing her lawn is disgusting!!!!
Thank you for that DK..... he does need to keep it between him and his parishoners IF they choose to talk about it.

There's CHRIST LIKE and there's a line even with that. CHRIST never shoved anything down the masses............he was always very gentle with his teachings.

blueclouds said:
Thank you for that DK..... he does need to keep it between him and his parishoners IF they choose to talk about it.

There's CHRIST LIKE and there's a line even with that. CHRIST never shoved anything down the masses............he was always very gentle with his teachings.
There is nothing wrong with being a good Witness by example, and by defending his actions, but he doesn't seem to be thinking of the repercussions of his public comments, sometimes, I guess.

Dark Knight said:
There is nothing wrong with being a good Witness by example, and by defending his actions, but he doesn't seem to be thinking of the repercussions of his public comments, sometimes, I guess.

I said it on another thread, but what if he is thinking and it's planned to get a lot of good things said out there so that any jury might be influenced. Also, I wonder how many people might have called the tip line about Rader, even if just for revenge. He did fit the profile that people put out in many ways.

SieSie said:
Very interesting how he could lead such a double life, and it makes you wonder why he was nice to some people and not others. He is one sick and evil person, that's for sure!
Simple ~ it's how every nasty, evil, mean spirited person manages to survive ~ the coward sucks up to those in a position of authority, and only bullies those he knows he can get away with doing it to. To everyone else, he's neutral until he has decided for certain which category to place them in. Freakin unbelievable that a woman filed multiple harassment charges against him ~ and still nothing was done. Actually, not all that hard to believe... Look around your workplace ~ all too often there is someone just like him, who manages to fly just under the radar of management.

txsvicki said:
I said it on another thread, but what if he is thinking and it's planned to get a lot of good things said out there so that any jury might be influenced. Also, I wonder how many people might have called the tip line about Rader, even if just for revenge. He did fit the profile that people put out in many ways.
I don't see what effect "influencing the jury" could have. DNA can prove this guy is the killer ~ I've read that he's confessed ~ this guy will die in prison. And that is too good of an ending for him.

I've heard about the poor cows that have been dying on their feet from exhaustion because the fields are too wet for them to lie down. The fields can't be drained because of the manure. It got me to thinking that there should be special prison cells for a guy like this. He should be placed in a 4'x4'x7' cement block hole and fed through a slot in the wall. And let him sit or stand in his own excrement until he finally dies.

Dark Knight said:
PS: Pastor Clark needs to stop talking to the media and keep his thoughts to himself, for the sake of the victim's families, at least. Yes, we are all sinners and will be judged, but we are not all charged with 10 murders with torture. Just keep it to yourself, Pastor, and don't look at this like an opportunity to become famous. I defended his visiting him and his initial reasoning, but his public comments are pushing it with me.

Glad to see some others are now coming out and saying how evil this guy was acting in his everyday life. His harassing the woman dying of cancer for not mowing her lawn is disgusting!!!!

I Totally Agree.

And the comment he made about Rader still being part of the Body of Christ!
Disgusting!
God says we SHALL know them by their fruits...the fruits of this man
are corrupt. Depraved. Also, scripture says that no murderer hath eternal
life... Doesn't mean God can't save repentant murderers...of course he
can---there is nothing impossible with Him! But, D. Raders actions show him for what he is---a predator of the worst degree---truly a wolf among lambs. Even if they
link NO recent murders to him...just the taunting of the police and public lately is the sign of an unbroken, rebellious spirit. Imo.

Dennis Rader is at least two strangely separate people. Maybe three. He's a Mr. Good Guy. Most of the people who knew him from boyhood, and Boy Scouts and Christ Lutheran Church knew him as a diligent and considerate friend.

He's also a Mr. Bad Guy.

As the Park City compliance officer, he harassed people frequently, some say.

He might also be something else, if police are right -- if he is the BTK serial strangler.

A trial or guilty plea will tell us that someday.

For now, the story of Mr. Good and Mr. Bad is strange enough.

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/special_packages/btk/11062626.htm

excellent article on the many faces of Dennis Rader/BTK

ariel7 said:
I Totally Agree.

Disgusting!
God says we SHALL know them by their fruits...the fruits of this man
are corrupt. Depraved. Also, scripture says that no murderer hath eternal
life... Doesn't mean God can't save repentant murderers...of course he
can---there is nothing impossible with Him! But, D. Raders actions show him for what he is---a predator of the worst degree---truly a wolf among lambs. Even if they
link NO recent murders to him...just the taunting of the police and public lately is the sign of an unbroken, rebellious spirit. Imo.

Seems like a more mature pastor might not be so glib with the press -- it's such a hideous thing and caused so much suffering. If DR has confessed to LE and to the minister, not much is left to be said except to counsel DR to accept his sentence and see the consequences through -- God alone knows the rest.

Thirty-one years after the first BTK attacks, Dennis Rader, 60, was charged last week with 10 counts of first-degree murder. Paula had been envied by women at her church for the way her husband doted on her, helping with her coat and always opening the car door. The possibility that her husband of 34 years might be BTK has left her "in quite a lot of shock," says Brent Lathrop, a friend of hers since elementary school and co-owner of the Snacks convenience store, where Paula has worked as a bookkeeper since 1985. She is not alone in her distress. Any sense of righteous satisfaction that a brutal killer might be off the streets came with questions about how Rader—a former scout leader, a pillar of his church, a devoted husband and dad—allegedly could be so skillful at leading a double life.....................................
The discovery process has just begun, and Rader is not scheduled to appear in court until March 15. In the meantime, he has to try to get used to prison food. One night at dinner, he found a pebble in his potatoes and told his lawyers that he considered it "extra protein."

His only regular human contact, apart from his lawyers and the prison guards, is with the characters of the book he is reading. It is a detective novel.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1034672-3,00.html

Lots of possibilities here. Multiple personalities for one. Sociopath for another.

Hoping this doesn't come out wrong, but I've known many a person who I would call sociopathic whose only way to stay in line was through a church or religion of some sort. It was truly a crutch for them to get through life, like if they didn't have this set of rules to follow, they would just do anything and not care. Might account for his different behavior in the church?

I also believe the church minister needs to give it a rest. Up until I was in high school, I attended school with a gal named Rader (in Kansas). I wonder if it's any relation.

He is damaging his congregation at this point. No one can be compared with BTK and come out as a good christian.

Ghostwheel said:
Lots of possibilities here. Multiple personalities for one. Sociopath for another.

Hoping this doesn't come out wrong, but I've known many a person who I would call sociopathic whose only way to stay in line was through a church or religion of some sort. It was truly a crutch for them to get through life, like if they didn't have this set of rules to follow, they would just do anything and not care. Might account for his different behavior in the church?

It's all about fooling people and making a persona -- sociopaths aren't under control, IMO, while in church - they follow their own rules ONLY, but they recognize a good cover when they see it and they'll use anything and anybody -- I've known (personally unfortunately) a pedophile and a murderer who were deacons, high profile, perfect attendance, etc., who when arrested used their church affiliation as a way to help their defense. They're also pretty successful at manipulating kind hearted sympathetic people, ministers included.
Although I think DR is likely to confess and go quietly rather than fight a really losing battle...

KatzHome said:
Simple ~ it's how every nasty, evil, mean spirited person manages to survive ~ the coward sucks up to those in a position of authority, and only bullies those he knows he can get away with doing it to. To everyone else, he's neutral until he has decided for certain which category to place them in. Freakin unbelievable that a woman filed multiple harassment charges against him ~ and still nothing was done. Actually, not all that hard to believe... Look around your workplace ~ all too often there is someone just like him, who manages to fly just under the radar of management.

I don't see what effect "influencing the jury" could have. DNA can prove this guy is the killer ~ I've read that he's confessed ~ this guy will die in prison. And that is too good of an ending for him.

I've heard about the poor cows that have been dying on their feet from exhaustion because the fields are too wet for them to lie down. The fields can't be drained because of the manure. It got me to thinking that there should be special prison cells for a guy like this. He should be placed in a 4'x4'x7' cement block hole and fed through a slot in the wall. And let him sit or stand in his own excrement until he finally dies.

I know that it probably won't work, but they may be planning to claim that rader has multiple personality disorder and didn't know what he had done until the next day just like he said in the letter. This may be why he wants "to run his planned statement by his family first". He could be manipulating the preacher and planning on manipulating what his family, especially wife, tells about him. Raders only shot at anything less than prison would be a mental institution, maybe possible escape, who knows. He and his lawyers have nothing to lose.

It's looking like you're right, Vicki ~ they're cooking up some sort of defense ~ Newsie posted an article ~ Unable to find someone to identify him now... DNA not always reliable...

I'm not buying his "the devil made me do it" defense ~ "the monster inside me" ~ or the "it was one of my multiple personalities" that did it ~ not me... THINK: What about the locked shed ~ why didn't one of the other personalities notify the authorities about "trophies" he kept there?

This "man" is despicable.

ariel7 said:
I Totally Agree.

All Christians are part of The Body of Christ, in different ways. I think the Pastor is assuming that Rader's Christian beliefs and practices are legit, and not an act, so therefore he is just another sinning member of The Body. Perhaps Rader confessed his sins to the Pastor in jail, too, which would lead the Pastor to believe these things. If he is confessing to LE, why wouldn't he confess to the Pastor?

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/1343627.html

“He’s got the nerve to give everybody a thumbs up, like he was proud of something and everybody was just ‘booing’ him,” he said. “Of course they weren’t going to let him in the cells with us. So, they had him in processing about an hour and then he finally came out and gave everybody a thumbs up again as he left.”

An inmates view of BTK

mysteriew said:
http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/1343627.html

“He’s got the nerve to give everybody a thumbs up, like he was proud of something and everybody was just ‘booing’ him,” he said. “Of course they weren’t going to let him in the cells with us. So, they had him in processing about an hour and then he finally came out and gave everybody a thumbs up again as he left.”

An inmates view of BTK
Thanks, mysteriew! This was interesting:

Many people have asked us about how tall Rader is. David said he’s short, 5’4” or 5’5”, stocky, chubby and not in shape.

Lotta people who are short have control issues or anger issues. Napoleon Complex, or whatever. The stare and thumbs up comments are also quite odd.

Dark Knight said:
Thanks, mysteriew! This was interesting:

Many people have asked us about how tall Rader is. David said he’s short, 5’4” or 5’5”, stocky, chubby and not in shape.

Lotta people who are short have control issues or anger issues. Napoleon Complex, or whatever. The stare and thumbs up comments are also quite odd.

Yes, his height really surprised me, thought he was about 6 feet, don't know why. Heard that also about short people (or is it just men) have a complex.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley
Back