KS - Jasmine Mills, 17, found deceased in back of tractor-trailer, Kansas City, 29 June 2019

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
The family of Jasmine Mills last saw their daughter at home in Olathe Thursday. Saturday morning, officers found her body in Kansas City, Kansas. Even on a Sunday afternoon, South 12th Street and Pawnee Avenue in KCK has traffic. It is an is industrial area with discarded bikes and beer bottles. It is also where someone discarded the body of the 17-year-old.

Family wants answers after missing Olathe teen found dead in KCK

more info...

Authorities found her body in the back of a tractor-trailer in Kansas City. She had been missing for two days when her remains were found Saturday morning.

Her mother said that her daughter was supposed to go do some odd jobs for an adult friend when she was last seen. The friend Jasmine was supposed to be working for told her Jasmine never arrived.

Body of missing Kansas teen found in back of tractor-trailer

18556265_G.jpg

I'm an Olathe KS resident. Been there most of my life. I would like to say that this stuff just doesn't happen in my town, but that's not the case anymore. I guess that's not the case anywhere anymore. Watching this thread & hoping for answers.

Her mother said that Jasmine had been planning to wake the man up and help throw out trash on the day she disappeared.

The friend told her mother that Jasmine never arrived.

“She pretty much looked at him like a dad or grandpa kind of figure,” her mother said. “I trusted her judgement because she’s known him forever.”

But the teen’s sister told a local TV station that she had always been uncomfortable in front of the man. "... I’ve told her not to go out there alone, the one time she did, she came up missing."

Authorities have not said whether they believe the unidentified man is connected with her disappearance.

Mills and her sister had been cleaning out a semi-truck for the man earlier in an effort to make some extra money, but after they returned home, he called and said the girls had forgotten to take the trash out so Mills returned on her own.

The cause of death has also not yet been released.

Investigators believe Mills had been dead for several days before she was discovered.

Missing Kansas Teen Found Dead In The Trailer Of A Semi Truck

jasmine-mills-fb.jpg

Would the back of the semi require a key to unlock it, or would it be open? If a key was required, then Jasmine likely would have needed to ask for it. I think that it's likely the man saw Jasmine on the day of her death.

Probably a pad lock if trailer was loaded. Most just have two latches that secure the doors closed . Driver called to have the girls come back to remove trash and Jasmine went alone

If he was live loading that empty trailer one would assume he intended to dump her remains on the way somewhere. Poor kid, evil comes in many different forms. Never should have gone back alone. So hard to get teens to take this warning seriously ¡!! IMO

That is what I read, although now I see I'm Fox article says can of semi trailer, but cab is truck , not trailer. Journalism is not what it once was !! Does anyone proof read anymore. So if I am mistaken I apologise to All

Yeah. The way I read it is that the guy knows she is dead & drives with her in the passenger seat, or maybe the sleeping cab?? to Denver & back to Kansas City.

New details provide timeline of days before Olathe 17-year-old found dead in semi

[ When she did, the truck driver allegedly told police he fell back to sleep, woke up later and found Mills dead.

"All I know is she was trying to help someone, and that was Jasmine. She was very helpful," Guerrero said.

Sources say the semi driver then drove with Mills body to Denver, Colorado. He picked up a shipment, spent the night there and returned to KCK the next day.

Mills' body was found in that semi Saturday, parked in a truck yard in the Argentine neighborhood on South 12th Street after sources say a friend of the truck driver called police. ]

Yeah. The way I read it is that the guy knows she is dead & drives with her in the passenger seat, or maybe the sleeping cab?? to Denver & back to Kansas City.

New details provide timeline of days before Olathe 17-year-old found dead in semi

[ When she did, the truck driver allegedly told police he fell back to sleep, woke up later and found Mills dead.

"All I know is she was trying to help someone, and that was Jasmine. She was very helpful," Guerrero said.

Sources say the semi driver then drove with Mills body to Denver, Colorado. He picked up a shipment, spent the night there and returned to KCK the next day.

Mills' body was found in that semi Saturday, parked in a truck yard in the Argentine neighborhood on South 12th Street after sources say a friend of the truck driver called police. ]
Very informative news article. TY for finding it, @erratum!

Another important point from the article is that there were no injuries noted in the preliminary autopsy, and that they are waiting on the toxicology results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer
Back