Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a look at her face- it isn't bloated anymore. She was wearing a T-shirt both days, she was very heavy all over when she got out the first time.

When she was released the first time, after her trial, the way her face was bloated looked almost like a medication side effect. If that makes any sense. I know someone with a psychiatric condition that was incarcerated and was put on meds while in county and stopped taking them as soon as they got out. iirc she was only out of jail around 8 days before being arrested again. Seems like a pretty short amount of time to lose enough weight to be that noticeable. MOO

When she was released the first time, after her trial, the way her face was bloated looked almost like a medication side effect. If that makes any sense. I know someone with a psychiatric condition that was incarcerated and was put on meds while in county and stopped taking them as soon as they got out. iirc she was only out of jail around 8 days before being arrested again. Seems like a pretty short amount of time to lose enough weight to be that noticeable. MOO
I wonder if she had a miscarriage or something. I do not think she is pregnant at this time.

What is the current relationship, now that Lucas has been found, between JH and JO? I would think they would band together, seeking justice

I imagine it would be quite strained. JO appears to be so sweet but grief has a lot of stages and she is travelling a tragic road.
The relationships all around JH are going to be strained - his family, JO family and EG family.
Did JH also lose custodial rights for MH ? I wonder if EG family try for custody.

I imagine it would be quite strained. JO appears to be so sweet but grief has a lot of stages and she is travelling a tragic road.
The relationships all around JH are going to be strained - his family, JO family and EG family.
Did JH also lose custodial rights for MH ? I wonder if EG family try for custody.
You know Horror, when my family has been under grief we pull together. That's why I wondered about the current relationship between JH and JO since Lucas body was found. I'm really hoping JH and his bio family are supporting one another thru this nightmare too. I personally don't think JH needs to have any relationship with EG's family if they are standing by her, but they do have little MH in common

Maybe she was on meds. She sure lost that bloating fast. That would make sense along with her mood and attitude with the PI.

In hindsight, as LE already knew the who, where, and when... then left the open advisory of 'focus on the evening of Friday the 16th' to those closest to investigation, in light of all the eff bombing madness dropped out the blue in NG's show today.
Still left out how- but within 48 hours the whole world heard of EG's egregious abuse issues.

Focus on what? They had their witnesses, and a fairly complete story of exactly what occurred.
They even had a clear tip they botched bigtime.

With as many and much effort LE groups put out that first week... I can't believe that the neighbors didn't give statements, and there's likely than not half a dozen who'd heard disturbing things that night.

They knew. Everyone knew.

So to my mind, this all comes down to something completely different. Something EG & crew would've been covering long before she screwed up and killed Lucas... her little 'accident'.

How convenient, for LE.

I came here of my own accord under duress of a completely separate scenario, hoping to apply what I'd learned of abductions since then in my own case to LH's disappearance... and possibly learn in kind what LE can or will do in the name of getting a murdered kid back.

I knew by what I'd seen, heard, his killers cared nothing more than removing an obstacle.

I know now, the politics of fishing for larger game.

Yup. I’m going to sit back and lurk, but I’m waiting to find out what this is all about as well.

In the podcast does DM say he got information about phone pings from searches ? So they knew a rough 7 miles radius and the fact the car stopped for 2 minutes on the Saturday. Can I ask and this is a serious question as I know nothing of getting ping info - how would the searches know that information ? Why would LE share that ? I also still wonder whether this happened the Friday night and Saturday was a drive by check ? A scattered head checking in daylight.

Not with what we know the evidence to be at this time. Hiding a body means the person probably is the killer but it's not proof. Proof is required to convict. I hope the investigation is amassing proof as I write this.

BTW, a shadow of a doubt is acceptable. Reasonable doubt is what we want to avoid.
BAHAHAHA, Wildcat! So very true. When people asked me why I was going to law school (looong ago), I'd wink/grin and say, "I love to argue and I always think I'm right."

Mr. Monnat has quite the C.V. and I wonder who is paying for his considerably skilled services? It wasn't he who picked up EG, as I believe I've seen stated here, as well as on several MSM sites. He is definitely the poster-boy for boilerplate defense speak!

ETA: ScarlettLin has kindly pointed out that Mr. Monnat is a local talking head and wasn't speaking as EG's attorney of record. Please ignore my wondering who is paying him to represent her. *will bother to read article before making comments in the future...so much for being right, eh? :)

Thanks for jumping on. I worked for a house speaker reviewing hundreds if not thousands of pieces of legislation. The best most informative discussions (arguments) I ever had over 27 years were with attorneys.

One in particular lasted 5 days over the words MAY vs SHALL. today I can’t recall which word I needed in the 70 million dollar appropriation but I won. The appropriation passed but locals got together and passed municipal regs to stop it. So all that effort for nothing.

In the podcast does DM say he got information about phone pings from searches ? So they knew a rough 7 miles radius and the fact the car stopped for 2 minutes on the Saturday. Can I ask and this is a serious question as I know nothing of getting ping info - how would the searches know that information ? Why would LE share that ? I also still wonder whether this happened the Friday night and Saturday was a drive by check ? A scattered head checking in daylight.
I wondered that also. Like how far back were they checking her phone pings.

I haven’t caught up yet. So I’m not sure if this is a repeat.

Wednesday, Eyewitness News spoke with Lucas' great aunt who lives in New Mexico. She says she's upset that Glass was released.

She says she remembers Glass texting her family after she filed a report to the Kansas Department for Children and Families about Lucas.

"At the time Emily was sending threatening texts to my mother because she thought she reported her," she says. "She was threatening my mother and threats to other family members that they would never see him again."

She says she believes Glass killed her nephew.

"Regardless of whether or not it was an accident, I know that she abused by great nephew," she says. "Maybe it could have been an accident, but she was in jail for three months, and apparently had three to four interviews before she ended up in jail the first time, and none of that came out?"

She says she's upset Glass was released from jail and wasn't charged Wednesday.

"Now we’re hearing that she woke up and he was dead? I mean her story has changed so many times," she says. "How can anybody, especially the police, believe anything she said?"

Glass out of jail, Lucas Hernandez's family reacts

Thanks for jumping on. I worked for a house speaker reviewing hundreds if not thousands of pieces of legislation. The best most informative discussions (arguments) I ever had over 27 years were with attorneys.

One in particular lasted 5 days over the words MAY vs SHALL. today I can’t recall which word I needed in the 70 million dollar appropriation but I won. The appropriation passed but locals got together and passed municipal regs to stop it. So all that effort for nothing.
I also remember the word “shall” vs “will” coming into play with my Board’s lobbyists with the legislature. “Shall” is mandatory and hard to get around.

Even a generic, "I want justice for my son." Would work for me. But, I suppose if they haven't told him a cause of death, he may still be drinking the "died in his sleep" Kool Aid.

Nope, sorry "died in his sleep" so I still love her may have worked if Lucas wasn't missing for MONTHS!

Even IF he doubts she actually murdered him, he KNOWS she hid the body. That alone, barring her guilt on anything else would destroy love that they had.

Took a break last night, had some margaritas, and feeling refreshed and level head... no longer screaming at the screen of my phone!

JO’s sweet words brought an abundance of tears to my eyes. If this poor woman can hang tight, we all can too! (With a lot of snacks, drinks, and some cursing that is)

The only big, horrendous thing EG can have on JH, is if he helped her dispose of Lucas... otherwise he should speak the hell up for Lucas, be a man, admit you allowed the wrong woman to take care of(torture) Lucas, and move forward with justice for you son!!! With that said, I don’t think JH helped at all. He didn’t do anything to protect Lucas, but he didn’t help her hide him either. So that leaves one option: he again is still not 100% committed to his son....

So I am over him. Well I have been for some time now....

Took a break last night, had some margaritas, and feeling refreshed and level head... no longer screaming at the screen of my phone!

JO’s sweet words brought an abundance of tears to my eyes. If this poor woman can hang tight, we all can too! (With a lot of snacks, drinks, and some cursing that is)

The only big, horrendous thing EG can have on JH, is if he helped her dispose of Lucas... otherwise he should speak the hell up for Lucas, be a man, admit you allowed the wrong woman to take care of(torture) Lucas, and move forward with justice for you son!!! With that said, I don’t think JH helped at all. He didn’t do anything to protect Lucas, but he didn’t help her hide him either. So that leaves one option: he again is still not 100% committed to his son....

So I am over him. Well I have been for some time now....

aside from JH not exactly being father of the year, i think what EG has on him is probably very simple & not very exciting but he's selfish enough to allow whatever it is to not speak up for Lucas. he's too selfish to face potentially his own charges, jail time or more scrutiny under the public eye.

i very much agree w the theory EG has something on him but its probably something like drug use or more issues of rough treatment toward kids, such as what happened w the lysol can. ik everyone says w his type of job drug use is close to impossible but ive never believed he wouldnt be able to find a way to sneak some during his time off and/or he didnt care about his job enough so he was like "whatever if i get randomly tested and caught". or maybe he did a little weed/drug dealing of his own. totally speculating on all this & just emphasizing i dont think he has any crazy secrets, just standard secrets that arent always legal if that makes sense: things like bar fights, drugs etc...

even more interesting, on the other end, i think EG wont throw him under the bus bc she wants them to be a family unit. she may be delusional in thinking this but it also would look good in front of a jury - if she goes to trial and still has JH by her side and claims she is repairing relationships w her other children, it will show "progress". hopefully any jury would see right through this, but that doesnt mean EG and her lawyer wont try to paint a good picture of her.

i agree with you unless he was directly involved with Lucas he should speak up but sadly, i think hes that small of a person. i dont think he had anything to do with Lucas' disappearance (aside from allowing abusive parenting to go on) and i dont think he has any major/scandalous secrets. hes just selfish.

I'm trying to put myself in EG's shoes.

I wake up... my boyfriend's (?) son is dead... I'm either high on meth or coming off meth or something similar... I freak out, I don't want this blamed on me so I'm going to say he's missing and

.... then go and hide his body 12 miles away in a culvert?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000