Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed out on most of thread 25 and some of #24, but is anyone else concerned about this PI talking so much? I don't mean to sound disrespectful - after all, he did indeed find Lucas, for which we're all grateful - but the fact that he didn't just quietly do his job, turn over findings to LE and then go home, is sort of rubbing me the wrong way. I fear we're getting into CA and OJ and etc area with all the hoopla. Media coverage is great, but too much can backfire.

JMO MOO etc

My son does meth. And no you don’t just stop when needed. Otherwise my son wouldn’t be in jail again. He had the chance to go to a great program but meth won again.
Sorry 0/t but unless your getting help it’s way too hard to stop. I saw it first hand the last 5 weeks. Disgusting drug.

How would EG know he had a concussion she never bothered to get him f*n medical care.

Someone may need to explain to her that "concussion" and "bashing his head in" (conjecture---not proven, at all!) are NOT synonymous

I didn’t hear that part clear enough to tell but my ears are plugged from allergies so she might have been trying a peremptory strike to get that out there.

She is a clever woman. Not in the good sense at all.

Justice is coming. Closer than yesterday

Imo

Around the 32 min mark when DM talks to her about obtaining Lucas's medical records (when she's in the interrogation room, he can go pick the records up if he needs to)...why? Are we not privvy to what was said before that? If she's implying he died of a concussion, what would that have to do with his medical records? If she would be worried about what all those records would say, why is he telling her he can request them, as if it's a good thing?

I missed out on most of thread 25 and some of #24, but is anyone else concerned about this PI talking so much? I don't mean to sound disrespectful - after all, he did indeed find Lucas, for which we're all grateful - but the fact that he didn't just quietly do his job, turn over findings to LE and then go home, is sort of rubbing me the wrong way. I fear we're getting into CA and OJ and etc area with all the hoopla. Media coverage is great, but too much can backfire.

JMO MOO etc

Yes, I am concerned about that. I think either late in the last thread or early in this one there has been some discussion about that.

I am hoping like mad that LE have it covered. EG, if she finds out about the things DM is saying, is going to be feeling utterly betrayed. As long as LE have everything covered, it could work out for the best. I don't think we should conjecture what I might be talking about, but just hope and pray that this is going to be for the best and that when the full autopsy report is in that there will be a cop knocking on EG's door to reinstate the charge and add a few new charges.

JMO MOO etc

A defense attorney will have that info pretty quick after charging. Yes it’s probably not the best thing. But her lawyer could also be reading our posts here. I know lawyers that search social media before taking a client.

So each of us can be contributing to various isssues. The law in general has not kept up with technology levels currently in our life. So it’s all mired in law that might be decades old. Who knows?

I'm sure he helped her out with that as well!
There is no way in $&@" JH wouldn't know she's uses meth. As I've mentioned before,I believe he's uses as well! I don't buy the "she only used while he was away!" You don't have that luxury with meth,the addiction does not allow you to pick and choose when to use.That is why she used while caring for the kids or should I say NOT caring for the kids.That's why it's called an addiction!
With her addiction,she would do whatever it takes to get money for meth,even while he's away. Probably one of the reasons she had items on "offer
up" as well.
I can't even imagine LE not seeing the signs of meth use,as she told her story when Lucas went missing.
I’m pretty sure it is thread 17 that the meth use is heavily discussed.

I think her story is all going to come back to falling off monkey bars and injuries from that caused his death - fits with him saying photos, drs records, concussion etc.

...ahhh I think I get where you are going. "Dr's note" as in "injuries consistent with a fall" note?

2 different thoughts there:

1. Wouldnt a Dr look for a concussion if a child "fell"

2. If that is ends up being her long con, IMO that would mean this was premeditated, planned, and a situation where timing (he fell of the monkey bars leading, at least in her mind, to a reasonable excuse for him dying)

3. Thought out and planned at least a few days in advance, a-la "how do I use this situation to my advantage"

A defense attorney will have that info pretty quick after charging. Yes it’s probably not the best thing. But her lawyer could also be reading our posts here. I know lawyers that search social media before taking a client.

So each of us can be contributing to various isssues. The law in general has not kept up with technology levels currently in our life. So it’s all mired in law that might be decades old. Who knows?
I'm just worried about jury pool. IMHO, if the OJ and CA cases hadn't had all the media hype, the outcomes would be entirely different.

He’s my son too, you know. I may not have given birth to him, but he's my baby boy … I take care of him every day, you know, ehm, I ? ah… this is very painful that this is happening at a time like this, right now.

Anyone care to take a stab at what the “at a time like this” means?
I think she was faking a pregnancy to JH in order to garner more sympathy from him. I think that whole interview was done to reach out to JH and get his sympathy and make her seem to care and keep him on "her side". JMO

Around the 32 min mark when DM talks to her about obtaining Lucas's medical records (when she's in the interrogation room, he can go pick the records up if he needs to)...why? Are we not privvy to what was said before that? If she's implying he died of a concussion, what would that have to do with his medical records? If she would be worried about what all those records would say, why is he telling her he can request them, as if it's a good thing?
Anything to set her mind at ease, keep her talking and leading to Lucas

This all happened during tax season, 2 kids will net a very nice tax refund. Rent a cutesy house in the burbs and buy all the meth she could smoke, eat or whatever you do with it. I doubt any of it was used for the kids. Sorry, just ramblings of my mind.

I'm just worried about jury pool. IMHO, if the OJ and CA cases hadn't had all the media hype, the outcomes would be entirely different.
At this point I’m not overly concerned about jury pool. Over Half a million people in Sedgwick County. Lots of people still have never even heard the name Lucas Hernandez or Emily Glass. The longer it goes, tho, the more people will hear about it and as time passes it becomes more of a concern.

Me too flute. I’m betting they I’ll have to change counties for an impartial jury, but maybe not. This is from a different case but is dated today and does explain how our justice system works.

Superior Court Judge Robert Bell has denied the defendant Philip Michael Stroupe II’s motion to move his first-degree murder trial out of Henderson County. Lawyers for Stroupe argued that excessive pre-trial publicity makes it all but impossible for Stroupe to receive a fair trial locally. District Attorney Greg Newman responded by telling the court that moving the trial is premature and that he believes we can seat an impartial jury in this case. “There is no requirement that prospective jurors come to court uninformed about the things taking place in their community,”he said. “The question is whether they can set aside the things they have read, seen, or heard about the case and base a decision of guilt or innocence on the evidence presented in the trial. Some will be able to do that while others may not. We will not know, however, until we bring in the prospective jurors into court and ask them these questions.”
The defense lawyers offered results from a telephone poll of 407 Henderson County residents to measure knowledge of the case facts. Only 17 percent of persons polled knew anything about the case. Another 61 percent knew nothing about the case.

Judge Denies Stroupe's Motion To Move Trial, But Trial Date Will Be Reset

Me too flute. I’m betting they I’ll have to change counties for an impartial jury, but maybe not. This is from a different case but is dated today and does explain how our justice system works.

Superior Court Judge Robert Bell has denied the defendant Philip Michael Stroupe II’s motion to move his first-degree murder trial out of Henderson County. Lawyers for Stroupe argued that excessive pre-trial publicity makes it all but impossible for Stroupe to receive a fair trial locally. District Attorney Greg Newman responded by telling the court that moving the trial is premature and that he believes we can seat an impartial jury in this case. “There is no requirement that prospective jurors come to court uninformed about the things taking place in their community,”he said. “The question is whether they can set aside the things they have read, seen, or heard about the case and base a decision of guilt or innocence on the evidence presented in the trial. Some will be able to do that while others may not. We will not know, however, until we bring in the prospective jurors into court and ask them these questions.”
The defense lawyers offered results from a telephone poll of 407 Henderson County residents to measure knowledge of the case facts. Only 17 percent of persons polled knew anything about the case. Another 61 percent knew nothing about the case.

Judge Denies Stroupe's Motion To Move Trial, But Trial Date Will Be Reset

Surrounding counties are super rural...it's not like a state where county sizes are pretty similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwells1000