Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not directed at you personally Charlie, I just thought of something JH said to NG

I remember the WS discussion of the school note that many who have medical knowledge of the HIPPA laws stated they doubt that anyone in the medical field will write in a note pertaining to how an injury may have occurred. Now I am wondering if the note was written by a professional.

NG Interview. She asked JH if Lucas had any type of health issue at the time of his disappearance and he said that they BOTH, (he and EG) took Lucas to the Doctor. "Lucas had been vomiting for a few weeks and he was given the Zofran script." This few weeks would be before he left, Feb. 9th? to return back to work. (At mark 39:40 NG podcast with JH he talks about Lucas going to the doctor.)

I am not sure if JH is saying they went to the doctors office which was at Grace Medical Jardine Clinic but in the notes dated Jan. 23rd to the school nurse, Lucas did not see a doctor, he was actually examined by a nurse practitioner who also wrote the script. There may be a chance the nurse practitioner did write the note? Or is a separate time that JH says he they took Lucas to a doctor? Is a doctor just a generalized word, doctor but the nurse practitioner sees the patient. This fact is not known yet but JH did say Lucas was seen by a medical professional.

I wonder if all of his injuries, the noticed weight loss, abrasions, bruises- all of it -was noted in his chart. Another mandated reporter that could help with Child Abuse.
I was mandated to report and I did several times. Inthe subject of the medical note I’ve windered about it.

First in my opinion it seems as though a medical professional would ask why a mother would ask for a note like that.

Even when kids do silly things and hurt themselves I’ve never run across one. The only time might be in a legal setting.

And it seems like it might be easy to have anyone forge a note like that. Anyone who has access to a legitimate or stolen prescription pad could write it.

Just seems very strange to be explaining injuries before being asked to. Unless you are guilty of abuse. Then it’s clear.

At this point I don’t know that the ex has any sway in this case against JH. I would assume the state or county would be the ones to proceed or dismiss and I’m doubtful they would dismiss. IMO.
I think with all the scrutiny they are getting ,and rightfully so they would be on this.They failed Lucas. Are they willing to gamble on any more children's lives?

I'm wondering about a weapon. She must have told DM more about it for him to be saying that. Maybe she brought his favorite stuffed animal?
If it was his favorite stuffed animal I'm inclined to think that would have been included in the missing alert/report, as an item that he had with him.

I've also thought of a plastic bag, and / or the medication, or I don't know why but something to do with his cat. Possibly that is how they might know the date was earlier.

Thanks Amonet for the NG podcast notes.

One thing that interested me was DM saying that he warned JH and also JO to "stay away" from the house. "Let's say if someone does this to Emily, or she does it to herself, you will be the first suspect. So stay away".

Despite DM's warning JH goes to the house.

And sure enough, two of EG's "friends" are at the scene telling LE and the public that Emily didn't commit suicide--JH killed her".

Does anybody think JH might get charged with neglect?

I don't know, but I don't really think so. They might be waiting for autopsy results. If it shows a number of untreated, unhealed/past fractures, then I think that would raise the probability of neglect charges against him if he didn't ensure Lucas was taken to ER or a doctor.

I do think there's a strong chance he'll be found guilty in the court case regarding EG's son.

Does anybody think JH might get charged with neglect?

Yes! I think he knew about the abuse, and how couldn't he? And, JH stopped letting his family see Lucas after they reported the abuse. This is a sign that he KNEW that Lucas was being abused. He probably likes to be in denial about it, now. Because if you are in denial then it never happened. o_O

I love this post because while my first reaction is surely he's smart enough to never repeat that mistake, leaving her with some meth girlfriend, etc, the reality is imo is it worth taking that chance? It's like the old saying, "Shame on you the first time, but if there's a second time, shame on me." When it comes to protecting the children, we just can't take these chances, moo. Imagine if something happened again, we'd all be like "why was he allowed after what happened with Lucas..."

I admit this post is somewhat harsh and if I've crossed any lines I apologize, please delete.

I agree with your post 100%. No second chances when it comes to children.

I’m sorry I’m not following...can someone please explain this, tia.

A "mandated reporter" is mandated by law to report child abuse/neglect to the government agency in their state/county (In Michigan it is the Department of Health and Human Services) or to LE. You are mandated by the Child Protection Law to report anything that you may think fits the definition of child abuse or neglect. You can be criminally charged if it can be proven that you knew of the abuse or neglect and failed to report it.

Quoting & responding to @nyvictoria :

"This is JMHO and I have no professional knowledge regarding reporting child abuse. Isn’t the best action to take the child to the ER? The abuse can be documented and police or CPS called on the spot."

This is a good question and a topic that I think is worthy of discussion at some point (not necessarily here, but in relation to CPS reform/awareness).

*edited to add the post I was quoting - not sure where it went initially*

I am not verified but I can be, if necessary. I am a CPS/Foster care worker for the State of Michigan.

No worries. I just wanted to be clear. I know JH failed his children. Big time! And I think he will suffer the rest of his life because of it. I actually think he could get charged with child neglect, because he did neglect his children.
I also think he will get MH back, in time. I hope he gets some serious counseling before that happens and I think the courts will order it. I also think his family will help him raise her.
I hurt for him. I can't help it nor do I want to. This man is in agony imo to a degree we can barely imagine. He has made the biggest mistake a person could. And he will suffer the rest of his life because of it. And I hurt for him. He doesn't get a hall pass by any means nor will he give himself one. Not ever.

Agree. "Failure to Protect"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member