Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard the question asked and don't recall the answer - are mandated reporters required to report in the personal lives as well, or only when "on the clock"? I was thinking it was only when in regard to work (although I would hope they would at all times, even if it's not required).

24/7 in Michigan

Thanks for answering. So if you see a kid with bruises when you're in the grocery store, for example, you're required to report? Even though your observation isn't taking place through your work?

Yes. If you know identifying information. Wait I read this wrong.

Some random kid with bruises? No.
If I see an adult hit a child. Yes.
If I see a child in a dangerous situation. Yes.
If I suspect abuse of a child I know. Yes.

Severity and urgency also dictates if it’s a call to the hotline or 911.

Thank you, that answers my questions. Bless you for what you do!

This is the sad part. It's all subjective.

EG knew how to make her abuse invisible and palatable to anyone who encountered it.

The most telling signs are the subtle ones. The flinching. Glazed look (deer in headlights). How independent vs submissive a child appears in public.

The many faces Lucas put on in the photos left behind, showing his wide and worldly awareness of when it was ok to exist and when to just wait until it was again.

The tattoo stickers. I followed a case where the grandparents saw their granddaughter with face paints covering facial bruising. The next day she died at her father's hands. Don't know why, I just thought I would mention it. These abusers are all of the same ilk.

The tattoo stickers. I followed a case where the grandparents saw their granddaughter with face paints covering facial bruising. The next day she died at her father's hands. Don't know why, I just thought I would mention it. These abusers are all of the same ilk.

FLA said it was Lucas who covered his bruises with tattoo stickers. I found that even more heart-breaking than Emily doing it.

I wish I understood what type of lease that Jon and Emily had on that house. Month-to-month or as in most cases 1 year. Were they co-signers on the lease?? No one ever mentioned anyone seeing people move things from the house. All I ever saw in MSM is that they asked not to place any more mementoes at the house any more. Pretty awkward if the killer of the child was still living there....maybe the two of them still held keys to the place?? I am just trying to figure out if Emily was staying there and not just coming that Thursday and staying into early Friday morning.

FLA said it was Lucas who covered his bruises with tattoo stickers. I found that even more heart-breaking than Emily doing it.
sad-smiley.gif
oh my.

Please define “hit” and “dangerous situation.” Does that include spanking in love and restraint, or not vaccinating children, or leaving kids in the car with the windows down while running into a rural gas station? The problem is the subjectivity of the definitions. That causes distrust of the state. Not at play on this case, but important to note in the broader discussion of the role of the state in parenting (which should be minimal).

This is the sad part. It's all subjective.

EG knew how to make her abuse invisible and palatable to anyone who encountered it.

The most telling signs are the subtle ones. The flinching. Glazed look (deer in headlights). How independent vs submissive a child appears in public.

The many faces Lucas put on in the photos left behind, showing his wide and worldly awareness of when it was ok to exist and when to just wait until it was again.
It's so sad that little LH's last days of life were filled with fear, sadness and pain. I tell ya, all this really eats at me. Bruises also take time to heal on the surface. I don't buy that in three years, JH didn't come home at least once, and see LH with a bruise or two.

maybe I'm just a jerk I don't get the love for either bio parent.MOO

Not a jerk. It's your opinion. I share similar sentiments for both as well, but realize that overall many think very highly of JO and because we also have a very kind VI who is relation, out of respect, I've kept those feelings mostly to myself. I'm only mentioning those feelings now because it can sometimes be difficult to post thoughts/opinions on something when it's definitely not a popular opinion and I respected your ability to do so.

I have also wondered if others shared that opinion but refrained from posting about it for reasons similar to my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michkrifred