KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, Media, Maps & Timeline *no Discussion*

FEB 17, 2019
1 year anniversary for mysterious disappearance and death of Wichita boy
In February of last year, Lucas Hernandez was reported missing from his southeast Wichita home by his stepmother, 27-year-old Emily Glass.

Glass had told police that she fell asleep while watching him and when she woke up, Lucas was nowhere to be found.

The disappearance of Lucas gained local and national attention as teams such as EquuSearch and Missing Pieces Network helped in the search.

Family members and neighbors had voiced concerns in the months leading up to the disappearance stating that Lucas showed signs of abuse and multiple calls had been made to DCF.

A few months later, Glass was arrested for interference with law enforcement after she eventually led a private investigator to a severely decomposed body in Harvey County that was later identified to be Lucas.

Although she was a person of interest in the case, police were never able to directly tie Emily Glass to Lucas' death. She would later be found dead of an apparent suicide.

The autopsy performed on Lucas' body was ruled inconclusive and many questions remain unanswered in the case.

FEB 17, 2019
'I miss him everyday': Lucas Hernandez' father talks about son, one year since disappearance
Wichita's son. It's how thousands refer to Lucas Hernandez, the five-year-old whose disappearance remained a mystery for months, until his body was found in rural Harvey County.

Today marks one year since the young boy first went missing. KSN's Sara Berlinger talked to his father about Lucas' legacy.

I met Jonathan Hernandez at a place you may not expect. It's the area his son's body was discovered last May. But he and others say it's become a memorial for Lucas and even a year later, they remember his light here.

Among the trees and brush on this Harvey County road stands a cross, surrounded by flowers and gifts for a beloved little boy. His name? Lucas.

[...]

It isn't a dark place, but rather, a place his mother and father can talk to him. And others who searched for him.

"There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about him or remember things that we would do," said Hernandez.

Hernandez says whether they were cleaning the house or cooking dinner, little Lucas wanted to be close.

[...]

Lucas captured the hearts of thousands, some of them, joining his parents Sunday. They say although it's difficult to think about what happened to Lucas, it's important to keep his memory alive. And they look forward to the day they meet again.

"I love my boy very much, and I miss him everyday," said Hernandez.

The two women who joined Jonathan are part of Texas EquuSearch Kansas, which formed because of the search for Lucas. They say their mission is to use this army to protect children throughout the state.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value
Back