GUILTY KS - Three adults & toddler brutally murdered, Ottawa, 6 May 2013

I can't believe there isn't more coverage of this case. I'm an hour and a half away from Ottawa and it's not making our news.

Friends' testimony pieces together timeline of killings

Something at 3197 Georgia Road wasn’t quite right that spring day, Dylan Phillips said.

Newly hung towels and sheets covered the windows of the modular home on April 29, 2013, and no operable vehicles were in the driveway at the Ottawa property, where Phillips’ childhood friend, Andrew Stout lived, he said Wednesday, testifying in the jury trial of Kyle Flack in Franklin County District Court, 301 S. Main St., Ottawa.

http://www.ottawaherald.com/news/lo...cle_4aeff0ba-6537-53c2-a1d3-e648a5afea95.html

I can't believe there isn't more coverage of this case. I'm an hour and a half away from Ottawa and it's not making our news.

Agreed! I have a feeling there were some things that local LE didn't want brought to light. When I think of when LE came out to the property and completely wrote it off as trash. Poor, very poor containment of a crime scene and that is where I think defense will have a little advantage. Also, some of the victims and their families had allegedly been into meth use. LE/Prosecution has admitted that did not investigate further on the meth thing.

Personally, I don't think this was a meth issue. I think this is a case of an evil, psychopath with a violent past doing what evil, psychopaths do.

From a journalistic/media standpoint, you'd think this was a goldmine of a case that they could sensationalize and get ratings. Not sure why there is so little coverage. All we can hope for now is justice for all of those murdered and their loved ones.

Witnesses: Victims' friends, families searched for days before grisly discoveries

If Andrew Stout was kicking out roommates, it was because he wanted to make room for a family, his mother testified Thursday.

Karon Anderson, Stout’s mother, said her son wanted to live with his new girlfriend, Kaylie Bailey, and her toddler daughter, Lana, at 3197 Georgia Road, Ottawa. But Anderson said she warned him people tend to get angry when they’re told to leave.

The day she first met Kaylie and Lana was March 23, 2013 — ultimately the last time she saw her son.

http://www.ottawaherald.com/news/lo...cle_52701951-7377-53fe-bbfa-e6f185419015.html

I still can't believe this is the only media source for this trial. When the murder happened it was all over the news in the Kansas City Area anyway. I keep having to clear out my cookies on my computer to even read articles on the Ottawa Heralds website, incase you have problems.

Jurors shown crime scene photos of first victim's body

Jurors were first shown a photo of a blue tarp followed by an image of the body underneath.

Three photographs of one victim in the spring 2013 quadruple homicide at a rural Ottawa property were introduced Monday, which began the second week in the trial of Kyle T. Flack in Franklin County District Court, 301 S. Main St., Ottawa.

Flack, 30, is charged with capital murder in the deaths of Kaylie Bailey, 21, and her 18-month-old daughter, Lana. He also is charged with premeditated first-degree murder in the deaths of Andrew Stout, 30, and Steven White, 31, criminal possession of a firearm, and misdemeanor sexual battery against Kaylie Bailey.

The photographs — taken by a crime scene investigator with the Johnson County crime lab assigned to process the case — show the dead man positioned next to a red Chevrolet Caprice in the outbuilding at 3197 Georgia Road, Ottawa, his mushroom ankle tattoo and a wound to his chest.

http://www.ottawaherald.com/news/lo...cle_17efb338-082c-52e3-ad42-4933ae8fc849.html

WARNING !!Graphic details in this article!!!

Jury views graphic images of crime scenes in Ottawa murder trial

By Amelia Arvesen
The Ottawa Herald
OTTAWA — Adult victims of a spring 2013 quadruple homicide all suffered wounds from a 12-gauge shotgun and were left under either a tarp or mound of clothes, prosecutors said.

From Monday through Wednesday, jurors in the trial of Kyle Flack, 30, Ottawa, saw the results of shotgun blasts in several graphic photos of the bodies of Steven White, Andrew Stout and his girlfriend, Kaylie Bailey, as they were found at 3197 Georgia Road, west of Ottawa.

snipped

The bodies of the couple, Kaylie Bailey and Andrew Stout, were shown buried beneath a mountain of clothing piled as high as the bed in the master bedroom of the Ottawa residence.

In one corner of the room was a child’s play pen. Their bodies laid in other corners were their bodies.

By the time crime scene investigators arrived the evening of May 6, 2013, the victims had been dead for about a week.

Stout, whose family owned the residence, was found sitting partially upright against a vanity and dresser. He was covered by a sea of more than 100,000 maggots, said Neal Haskell, an international forensic entomologist consultant.

http://cjonline.com/news/2016-03-16/jury-views-graphic-images-crime-scenes-ottawa-murder-trial

State rests in Flack trial

On trial for his life, Kyle Flack accepted a single Life Saver candy from his defense attorney during a break Monday.

Moments later, the prosecution rested its 11-day case against Flack in Franklin County District Court.

When the court turned it over to the 30-year-old defendant’s attorneys, they didn’t call any witnesses, nor did he testify.

(...)

Flack’s defense attorneys — Timothy Frieden and Maban Wright, both with Kansas’ Death Penalty Defense Unit — aimed to poke holes in the prosecution’s case during cross examination by questioning witnesses about reported drug activity at the Georgia Road residence where three of the bodies were found, as well as unidentified markers of DNA found on Kaylie Bailey and the shotgun said to have been used in the killings.

With the jury momentarily out of the courtroom Monday, Frieden requested the two premeditated first-degree murder charges be merged as “one, large pack” with the capital murder charge.

District Court Judge Eric W. Godderz denied the request, noting that there was a time period between the killings and specific reasons for the separate charges.

(...)

Closing statements are scheduled to begin 9 a.m. Wednesday, after Wright requested additional time to prepare statements.

http://cjonline.com/news/2016-03-21/...ts-flack-trial

Guilty on all 4 Counts!!!!

41 Action News ‏@41ActionNews 2m2 minutes ago
#BREAKING: #KyleFlack has been found guilty on all murder charges, including capital murder. More on online.

I am very thankful for this jury for finding guilty verdicts for all 4 victims of these heinous crimes. Imo they were totally not necessary except in the mind of Kyle Flack. The way he disposed of these people was very cruel especially with little baby Lana, I found heart breaking. :cry:

May the jury continue to do a good job during the sentencing phase.

all imo moo :cow:

Jury considering whether to recommend death penalty in quadruple murder case

A Franklin County jury began deliberations Wednesday afternoon on whether to recommend that Kyle Trevor Flack be put to death for murders committed two years ago.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2016/mar/30/jury-considering-whether-recommend-death-penalty-q/

Betsy Webster ‏@BetsyKCTV5 5m5 minutes ago
Kyle Flack jury dismissed for day. Began sentencing deliberations about 3pm. Coming back tomorrow 9am to continue deliberations.

Prosecutors are preparing a new filing in the Kyle Flack case.

Stephen Hunting, Franklin County attorney, said Thursday afternoon he will respond to the Flack defense’s request for a new trial, according to a recently filed motion in Franklin County District Court.

(...)

The defense’s request for a new trial comes nearly one month after Flack, 30, was convicted for the 2013 killing of three adults and a toddler in Franklin County.

(...)

District Judge Eric W. Godderz is expected to decide 9 a.m. May 18 whether Flack should die for his crimes, following the jury’s May 31 recommendation of the death penalty.

Flack’s attorneys list 12 arguments for the new trial:

More on the defense's arguments can be read: http://www.ottawaherald.com/news/lo...cle_0ce0ee2b-acf0-5623-a973-1d6037283d79.html

The Journal-World Retweeted
Conrad Swanson ‏@Conrad_Swanson 1m1 minute ago Ottawa, KS
BREAKING - Judge Eric Godderz has sentenced Kyle Flack to death.
Full story coming soon.

Steve Fry ‏@TCJCourtsNCrime 55s56 seconds ago
Judge imposes death penalty on Kyle flack in killings of mother & child, 18 months old.

The Now KC ‏@TheNowKC 2m2 minutes ago
RT 41ActionNews "RT MDReeb: 'No', the only words said by Kyle Flack. Victims family members talked before judge confirmed death penalty. 41…

TOPEKA, Kan. — Kyle Flack, a man convicted of capital murder plus first and second-degree murder for killing four people in Franklin County, Kansas, in 2013, will stay on death row after the Kansas Supreme Court affirmed his convictions and sentencing Friday.

This case is 7 yrs old, hard to believe. imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brisketfeed
Back