GUILTY KS - Vashti Seacat, 34, found slain in house fire, Kingman, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know.... wish we had access to the opening statements, but I can't find them

It sounds like alot of us here got in on the defense having it's turn. Let's hear the closing arguments. I would imagine the State will highlight all the evidence, the testimony, the lies and changing stories. I hope anyway.

And remember this jury is in Kansas not in the 100 degree heat that the Pinellas jury suffered from.

See you all Monday! I got to say I don't miss all the objections and the endless side bars of the last trial I watched (Travis Alexander's).

After the closing arguments from both sides can the defendant throw himself on the mercy of the court? I can dream until then....

The therapist stated that Vashti was not suicidal. If I was seeing a therapist and was sucidal I would never let him/her know because I have read that if a person admits to wanting to self-harm, the therapist would have to report the client to LE and then psych lock-up. There goes the record, possible the job, maybe Child Protective Services. When I worked at a hospital in Calif. it was called the 5150 involuntary pysch hold. I have no idea what the laws are in KS.

IMO, there might be a possiblity that Vashti was suicidal but never admitted that to her therapist.??

I just got a tweet back from a reporter in the courtroom. I asked her if family from both sides was there. I was wanting to know if Vashti's family was on her side and if Brett's family was ALSO on her side, but I didn't ask my question correctly :sigh:

Anyway, she replied that both families are in the courtroom.

I just got a tweet back from a reporter in the courtroom. I asked her if family from both sides was there. I was wanting to know if Vashti's family was on her side and if Brett's family was ALSO on her side, but I didn't ask my question correctly :sigh:

Anyway, she replied that both families are in the courtroom.

You tweeter people are funny. I have a hard time even using the forum.

Brett feels in divorce the children are best with only 1 parent. So you kill the other one I guess.

You tweeter people are funny. I have a hard time even using the forum.

Believe me, I'm no pro. I get all jacked up when it comes to finding replies and then responding to the replies. :sigh:

However, I love Twitter because you sure can get information and news quickly.

So, I'm already having a moment of doubt...... PLEASE my fellow Kansans on the jury. See him for what he is.

I was not all that impressed with cross? She sure didn't ask much - yes some relevant questions, but she coulda hammered home some stuff. I think the cell phone job was weak (how did you have your cell phone if you were on all 4's), and not much about the crime scene.

Overall - a big ol' disappointment for me.

MOO

:truce:

Mel

Oh, this guy is so-o-o guilty!

Another one of these law enforcement officers who think they are so much smarter than everyone else. Plus somehow feel "entitled" to kill their spouse.

BUT they all seem to have big mouths, don't they?

Oh, this guy is so-o-o guilty!

Another one of these law enforcement officers who think they are so much smarter than everyone else. Plus somehow feel "entitled" to kill their spouse.

BUT they all seem to have big mouths, don't they?

I am glad the blue line didn't protect this one.

What's really sad is that her son probably heard his mom being shot. According to Seacat's testimony (direct) one of the boys was on the floor awake and scared when he opened the door to the kids' room. The boy asked what the sound was, and Seacat lied and said it was "thunder".

There are a lot of minor details that don't add up. I hope the jury picks up on this.

Hi sleuthers:seeya:! Looks like many of our friends have already signed off for the weekend but I'm calling out for HELP! I'm watching NG & she says a witness claims he heard a gun shot about an hour before the police/fire dept arrived??? The clip she played of a neighbor's testimony didn't cover that. She's fairly good at, hmm, embellishing? shall we call it?! Do any of you know of any such statement as a fact in this trial? That, alone, might put my mind at ease somewhat! Sorry Shelbi1, but I'm afraid I share that uneasy feeling with you. I feel the prosecutor went far too easy on this guy!:banghead: Or maybe my expectations are far too high after the marvelous "Juan"derman?:blushing:

I haven't seen much of this trial, just what HLN has run. With the very little I've seen I'm guessing this will be an easy one for jury to figure out.

Hi sleuthers:seeya:! Looks like many of our friends have already signed off for the week end, but I'm calling out for HELP! I'm watching NG & she says a witness claims he heard a gun shot about an hour before the police/fire dept arrived??? The clip she played of a neighbor's testimony didn't cover that. She's fairly good at, hmm, embellishing? shall we call it?! Do any of you know of any such statement as a fact in this trial? That, alone, might put my mind at ease somewhat! Sorry Shelbi1, but I'm afraid I share that uneasy feeling with you. I feel the prosecutor went far too easy on this guy!:banghead: Or maybe my expectations are far too high after the marvelous "Juan"derman?:blushing:

I only recently started following this case so I'm sorry I can't answer your first question. But, I must admit I had the same thought as I was watching today (rather listening, as Brett Seacat is stealthily concealing what he looks like lol). I think it will forever be called "the Juan effect." I think the prosecutor did well, but I'm having Juan withdrawal.;)

I watched a tiny bit of this trial on HLN today, and this guy sounds just like another Jodi Arias. He killed her because she was going to divorce him, and he trashed the victim by saying she committed suicide and burned the house down!!! Who does that? I think only a killer who wants to hide evidence, not a suicide victim. Unbelievable.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Also he refused to show his face when he testified, what a coward!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2