Kurt at 20: thoughts? / Cobain 1994-2014

I was 13 in 1992 when I first heard "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on the radio. I was obsessed with that song, and Nirvana. I played my "Nevermind" tape so many times I can't believe it didn't break. My friends and I called MTV to request the video every afternoon. :D

I was shocked when MTV News announced Kurt's death. He was found on April 8, 1994: ten days before my 16th birthday. "MTV News: 10 to the hour every hour." Remember that? It was all they talked about for days! Of course at the time I believed what I was told. It wasn't until later when Unsolved Mysteries covered the story that I learned other information. I've read all the books since then. I think someone killed Kurt, and then the police made mistakes. They don't want to reopen the case because they don't want to look incompetent.

Justice for Kurt

The Kurt Cobain Murder Investigation by Tom Grant

Twenty years after Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain was discovered dead in his Seattle home, police have released a note found in his wallet that was kept private until now.

The note, which was obtained by CBS, mocks the rock idol’s vows with his then-wife Courtney Love, adding further intrigue to the two’s marriage and how that and his personal life led to his demise.

t reads: "Do you Kurt Cobain take Courtney Michelle Love to be your lawful shredded wife," he wrote. "even when she’s a ***** with zits and siphoning all yr money for doping and whoring…"

The note is written on stationery from the Phoenix Hotel outside of San Francisco and is in stark contrast to Combain’s presumed suicide note that calls Love a “goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy.”

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...et-scorning-courtney-love-released-by-seattle

Kurt Cobain was such a beautiful and talented man. But every picture he took and every video I see of him he looks so haunted.

I'm not really on any train about how he died, but I do find it incredibly odd that he was able to shoot himself with a shot gun after having injected copious amounts of heroin... I don't necessarily think it was Courtney, she was not the only one with good motive.

It's also incredibly sad that Kristen Pfaff died shortly after. The nineties were a horrible time to be a musician, everyone was dying left and right from that stupid little death trap called heroin.

re: bolded - The fact that he would need to operate the shotgun really made me stop and wonder how that could be possible.

But then, they also say that he put the cap back on his heroin needle and put his spoon, needles and other misc drug whatnots neatly away into the cigar box that he kept all of his um, supplies in.

IMO that would just be impossible with that much heroin in his body. I confess that I don't personally know a thing about heroin but all I know is that when you see someone do it on tv they take the rubber band off their arm and then immediately they lean back and their eyes roll back in their head and their mouth hangs open. They are basically zombies. I don't think a person on a non-lethal dose would be capable of any kind of fine motor skills at all.

My daughter just got me into the Kurt Cobain mystery...I tried looking for a thread on WS but I couldn't find one. I guess he's not missing though...lol :peace:

BTW - This is a great thread to subscribe to for an awesome song play list, thanks OP! :rocker:

Just watched the documentary 'Montage of Heck' last night and spent some time, today, reading stuff online about Kurt. I was almost 21 when he died and was NOT a Nirvana fan at that time. It wasn't until 1995, while a BF of mine played the unplugged album, that I became a fan. At any rate, it sure seems to me that Ms. Love likes money and the 'rich' life. I saw an interview where she says that Kurt might still be alive if they had some rich friends influence in their lives...that they were rich at the time but didn't know it or live like it (something like that...I am not being verbatim). And by 'rich' she doesn't mean in life but truly means in $$$. I don't think Kurt would have wanted the 'rich' life at all and I saw where one of their last fights was over her buying a Lexus. I just get the feeling that she was watching all her hopes and dreams, of being rich, slip away.

LTP but I've always wondered why Courtney fought so hard to discredit Grant after Kurt was found. Just watched the new documentary - WITH Courtney recorded! - and yeah.

I'm hopefully going to comply with WS TOS here, but I have personal, first-hand, knowledge of people very close to both Kurt and Courtney, who are well-known, still, today. Musicians and tour crews. NOT members of Nirvana. They have consistently doubted the suicide designation. In fact, one conversation my BFF was present for had one singer directly challenge Courtney over a possible role in Kurt's death *trying to be tactful* and she retaliated by calling him a 4-chord wonder. No comment on his actual comment.

re: bolded - The fact that he would need to operate the shotgun really made me stop and wonder how that could be possible.

But then, they also say that he put the cap back on his heroin needle and put his spoon, needles and other misc drug whatnots neatly away into the cigar box that he kept all of his um, supplies in.

IMO that would just be impossible with that much heroin in his body. I confess that I don't personally know a thing about heroin but all I know is that when you see someone do it on tv they take the rubber band off their arm and then immediately they lean back and their eyes roll back in their head and their mouth hangs open. They are basically zombies. I don't think a person on a non-lethal dose would be capable of any kind of fine motor skills at all.

My daughter just got me into the Kurt Cobain mystery...I tried looking for a thread on WS but I couldn't find one. I guess he's not missing though...lol :peace:

BTW - This is a great thread to subscribe to for an awesome song play list, thanks OP! :rocker:

Don't always believe what you see on TV. The initial effects of heroin are quite euphoric indeed, but those effects don't last forever, and for a long term user like Cobain they wouldn't last long at all. So he could have gotten high, nodded off, then awoken fully capable of doing what he did.

I think you have to look at this the way investigators probably did. The gunshot would have had to come from below, blowing blood up to the ceiling. If Cortney or anybody else did this, it would be a level shot. There would have also been powder burns on his face, traces on his fingers, etc, etc. There was a ransom note that matched his writing as well. So LE had a lot of things to look at and nothing struck them as out of place.

LTP but I've always wondered why Courtney fought so hard to discredit Grant after Kurt was found. Just watched the new documentary - WITH Courtney recorded! - and yeah.

I'm hopefully going to comply with WS TOS here, but I have personal, first-hand, knowledge of people very close to both Kurt and Courtney, who are well-known, still, today. Musicians and tour crews. NOT members of Nirvana. They have consistently doubted the suicide designation. In fact, one conversation my BFF was present for had one singer directly challenge Courtney over a possible role in Kurt's death *trying to be tactful* and she retaliated by calling him a 4-chord wonder. No comment on his actual comment.

If someone accused me of killing my spouse, I'd be a little less than polite as well.

I just watched the doco,Soaked In Bleach.
I have always believed she had something to do with it.That doco sealed it for me.
Are the other 2,Dylan and Cali still alive?

'Montage of Heck' is a very good documentary on his life. Available on youtube right now.

Long time fan here. I have little doubt that this was anything but a suicide brought on by inner demons, some reaching back to his younger day's, coupled with his inability to quit the drugs. In the note he mentions Frances being better off if he was no longer in the picture. I feel like he knew the heroin monster had won and this was, as bad as it sounds, his way of shielding her from what he thought would be future humiliation that would come along with being the daughter of a rock star junkie.

There was also the incident in Rome a month before on 3/3/94. He was found unconscious that morning by Courtney after taking too many pills and was said to have slipped into a coma. Some say this wasn't a suicide attempt but rather an unintentional OD. I have my doubts.

He had been having trouble with his voice leading up to the Rome incident and if you listen to the Munich show on 3/1/94 by the end his vocals are totally shot. This would be their final show. But there's a moment from this show that has always stood out to me.

He left us with what some would consider unlistenable but in my mind is a hauntingly beautiful rendition, albeit low quality, of a pop classic which they clearly played around with at some point but had never played live as far as I can tell. It was like a warm up song, an abbreviated version of it before the real show began.

I'm probably reading too much into this but I've always wondered if there was something behind the spontaneous playing of this song at the start of their set less than 36 hours before being found near death at the foot of Courtney's bed in Rome.

[video=youtube;ikkhmkAH72U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikkhmkAH72U[/video]

Just watched the Amy Winehouse documentary. Very similar struggle. So sad that such a talent gets wasted and such a bright light goes out too soon.

Just wanted to mention that I met Krist Novoselic on a subway in DC two years ago..

Anyways, I'm off to watch all of these documentaries!

Don't forget he rolled his shirt sleeves down neatly as well...and the three or four experts who sai that the last four lines of the suicide note did not match the rest ...oh and then there is the pesky matter of that little practice sheet that fell out of Courtney's purse...and on and on it goes...it stinks ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeroLosses
Back