KY KY - Claude Shelton, 37, & Martha “Sue” Shelton, 27, Corbin, 1971

You did hear that right about another vehicle that apparently was on the roadside where the Sheltons may have stopped to give assistance.

Youtube has a neat feature where you can see a transcript of what all was said in a video.

Look for the arrow that is pointing down at the highlighted title in the video.

Click that arrow, scroll down and then click transcript.

You should see a written transcript of what was said in the video along with the exact time in the video when it was said.
Thanks!

The interesting part of this video was when Jared, who grew up during the 1970's era explained to an astonished Josh how things were different when kids growing up in that era were left home alone compared to how kids are growing up today.

Also of intetest in the video was the comments that folks made regarding how they grew up during their childhood years back during the 1960's and 1970's era.

This was true growing up in the 60s. It was not unusual for parents to leave the oldest child to babysit younger siblings for a while, usually to go shopping, run an errand, etc. Usually when the oldest was around 11 or 12. That's what made me think the parents didnt plan to be gone very long.

It was also mentioned that the couple had only 1 payment left on their trailer home. JMO, they don't seem like people who would just take off.

I’d check car records to see if the car was sold, seems very nice. Maybe their car was stolen and bodies dumped somewhere.
The picture above is not their actual car. Their car was plainer, without the fancy, modern wheels shown in the image above. Cars were much easier to steal and hot wire back then. Anyone that wanted the car would have probably taken it when it was unoccupied.
In 1971, a 4 year old Ford was probably worth between $1000-$1500.

Adventures with purpose is a diving team which often searches for vehicles and missing people in waters. Perhaps they could help here?
I'm not sure if they could be contacted by strangers, I think family or LE have to reach out first.
AWP will take requests. They try to not contact the family until they are positive when they will be in the search area.

I’m in the process of researching the same cases to provide awareness now, then after after all cases are finished, I’ll start fundraising. Hope to be doing it 24/7 in the lower 48. Have no children, so I don’t mind looking at true crime cases. I felt marginalized growing up; can’t help but wonder if the foul play families feel similar feelings.

This is a case that I've been interested in for a long time. In 2022 I know of at least two teams of Search & Recovery divers searched the waterways around Corbin and they came up empty-handed.
Here is a flyer I did for the case. Please if you are in the Corbin area, print and distribute around the area and share it on social media. My motto when it comes to unsolved mysteries and crimes is : Someone somewhere knows something. It's just getting them to come forward.

Attachments

• MISSING Sheltons.jpg
    MISSING Sheltons.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 12
I wish there was a map showing places where people and their cars disappeared and neither have ever been found. Then, get someone like AWP or EQ to go in and search the area water ways, ravines, etc.

Last edited:
Adventures with Purpose uploaded their latest you tube video today.
The Shelton family was the subject of this search, unfortunately they did not locate their vehicle underwater.

I can't recall which lakes they searched (even though I only just watched it) but all the information is contained in the video.

The Shelton's had a son Ronnie and two daughters, not three, as the report claims.

Satch

WOW!

If the Shelton's stopped to report an abandoned stolen car as the report says is in the case file, Mr. Shelton being a mechanic. the stopped tp help the wrong people at the wrong time. My question, why is the abandoned car not in any reports on the case? Sounds like foul play if this is correct.

Satch

Where's the interview with the daughter who claims that the parents could have just left?

Satch

Shocking revelation from the Shelton's children:

WOW! Article says only two of the three are left:

Satch

Shocking revelation from the Shelton's children:

WOW! Article says only two of the three are left:

Satch
"Sheila clarified once again recently, she heard absolutely no mention of her father talking about going to King’s Truck Stop that night. They are unsure where that came from and the children say they weren’t in the habit of going there. They also say their parent’s did not have a jar of money they were saving up that reports say they took that night. As far as what the children think happened to their parents, well that might surprise you.

"The Shelton’s children are adamant that their parents left….simply because they wanted to."

I don't know what to think,
But this new information with the correct date and information from the kids needs to be published by LE and socials as their theory into the disappearance:

My take is the following:

1.) If Claude and Sue stopped to help a stranded motorist, they were probably killed by this person. Person prepped the car in some way and pushed it into a lake. I like the You Tube video, but saying twice "three daughters" when it was "two daughters and one son is sloppy preparation." Check your facts.

2.) If Claude and Sue abandoned their kids as the writer of the article claims their children say, how did the children come to this conclusion over the couple being killed. Wouldn't there be a search by LE for Claude and Sue? They broke the law if they abandoned their kids! Where would they go as to never ever be seen again? Why did they do this?

3.) If they had an accident, even if it's 1, 2, or 3, the couple or their remains could be anywhere! What do you think?

Satch

Wonder if all the latest DNA technology/processes/databases have been applied here -- so much has been improved over 1970's. Survivors may have relatives they don't know of; etc.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173
Back