KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I really hope this is Crystal. I wonder how they knew to look there? Tip or someone's stumble across the remains by accident? I'm kind of thinking tip since "Police say they became aware of the remains on Thursday and called in the FBI’s Evidence Response Team on Friday due to the “difficult to reach location.”

And then, I wonder, is this near the Houk family farm?

Ok, I really hope this is Crystal. I wonder how they knew to look there? Tip or someone's stumble across the remains by accident? I'm kind of thinking tip since "Police say they became aware of the remains on Thursday and called in the FBI’s Evidence Response Team on Friday due to the “difficult to reach location.”

I read that it was kayakers that came upon the remains.

I don't think there can be full closure until Houck pays. And I’m betting there won't be much evidence with the remains to help prove a case against him.

I'm skeptical it's her, though. They had a fire on Houck property that I'm suspicious of. And he had access to excavating equipment.

Since the county isn’t huge, usually you can get from one point to another in under 20 mins. If the remains were found in one of the locations I’ve heard mentioned- it’s about a 15ish min drive up one of the same roads that the farm is off of. If they were found at the second location I heard, that’s about a 45 min drive up that same road.

Hoping it's Crystal, but Ive read other missing persons families were notified as well.

Hopefully, they have all associated dental records if they exist. I would assume Quantico has rapid DNA? Does anyone else find it odd the FBI has the remains in their possession at Quantico? It makes me wonder about the condition of the remains. Jmo

On Thursday evening, July 23rd Nelson County Sheriff’s Office became aware of possible human remains near the border of Nelson County and Washington County. On Friday, July 24th due to the difficult to reach location, we requested the assistance of the FBI Evidence Response Team (ERT). Possible remains were recovered, and were sent to the FBI lab in Quantico for testing. Out of respect for family members of multiple missing persons in these areas, we will not be commenting on this until we have more information from the lab.

This is from Nelson County Sheriff's Office on FB

Nelson County Sheriff's Office, KY

Last edited:
Possible human remains recovered in Nelson County | KYStandard.com
The skeletal remains were discovered Thursday evening, and investigators called in an FBI team to help with recovery and identification. They were located near the Nelson/Washington County line, although the sheriff’s office was not disclosing the exact location in order to preserve details of the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c728