GUILTY KY - Ed Dansereau, 63, Pamela, 58, & Calvin Phillips, 53, murdered, Pembroke, 19 Nov 2015 *arrest*

Hello - I shall be leaving on a Holiday to California!! And won't be around WS for at least 2 weeks (9/18 thru 10/2). So am going to post the hearing/trial that is coming up while I am gone. Please keep 'good' notes while I'm gone! LOL! I will definitely be way behind on all my cases I'm following.... but will try & peek in mid-way thru my vacation.

I can't access this, but I see @SeesSeas in my notes.... :)

Wednesday, Sept. 18th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 11am ET) – KY – Edward Dansereau (63), Pamela J. Phillips (58) & Calvin Lee Phillips (53) (Nov. 19, 2015, Pembroke) - *Christian “Kit” Richard Martin (51) arrested & charged (5/11/19), indicted (5/10/19) & arraigned (5/22/19) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder, 1 count of arson, 1 count of attempted arson, 2 counts burglary of the 1st degree & 3 counts of tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Christian Circuit County
May, 2016 was convicted of 2 counts of mishandling classified materials & 2 count of assault on a child; sentenced to 6 months in jail & discharged from the military.
5/22/19: Arraignment hearing. 5/22/19: Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Next pretrial conference hearing on 7/10.
7/10/19 Update: Judge appoints public defender. Next pretrial conference hearing on 9/18.

Hello - I shall be leaving on a Holiday to California!! And won't be around WS for at least 2 weeks (9/18 thru 10/2). So am going to post the hearing/trial that is coming up while I am gone. Please keep 'good' notes while I'm gone! LOL! I will definitely be way behind on all my cases I'm following.... but will try & peek in mid-way thru my vacation.

I can't access this, but I see @SeesSeas in my notes.... :)
Enjoy your holiday Niner!
09/18/2019 court hearing still scheduled:
KYeCourts - Guest Login
MARTIN, CHRISTIAN RICHARD (D)
• CHRISTIAN : 19-CR-00298
COMMONWEALTH VS. MARTIN, CHRISTIAN RICHARD
W / M
Next PRETRIAL CONFERENCE is scheduled for 09/18/2019 at 11:00 AM in room C2

Wednesday, October 16th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 11am ET) – KY – Edward Dansereau (63), Pamela J. Phillips (58) & Calvin Lee Phillips (53) (Nov. 19, 2015, Pembroke) - *Christian “Kit” Richard Martin (51) arrested & charged (5/11/19), indicted (5/10/19) & arraigned (5/22/19) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder, 1 count of arson, 1 count of attempted arson, 2 counts burglary of the 1st degree & 3 counts of tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
May, 2016 was convicted of 2 counts of mishandling classified materials & 2 count of assault on a child; sentenced to 6 months in jail & discharged from the military.
5/22/19: Arraignment hearing. 5/22/19: Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Next pretrial conference hearing on 7/10.
7/10/19 Update: Judge appoints public defender. Next pretrial conference hearing on 9/18. 9/18/19: Next motion hearing on 10/16.

Bond set at $3 million for pilot charged with triple murders

HOPKINSVILLE, KY (WSMV) - A Christian County judge set bond at $3 million because he considers Christian (Kit) Martin, charged with triple homicide in the deaths of his former neighbors, a flight risk.

Circuit Court Judge John Atkins issued the order on Wednesday during a court appearance.

and of course, no further hearing date in article....

maybe @SeesSeas can help me? :) TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Bond set at $3 million for pilot charged with triple murders

HOPKINSVILLE, KY (WSMV) - A Christian County judge set bond at $3 million because he considers Christian (Kit) Martin, charged with triple homicide in the deaths of his former neighbors, a flight risk.

Circuit Court Judge John Atkins issued the order on Wednesday during a court appearance.

and of course, no further hearing date in article....
maybe @SeesSeas can help me? :) TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif
No court date listed yet.
KYeCourts - Guest Login
W / M

Exclusive: Pembroke triple murder suspect explains whereabouts on day of killings

PEMBROKE, Ky. (WZTV) — A former Army Major and American Airlines pilot accused of triple murder will have to spend another six months in jail before prosecutors have to reveal why they charged Christian "Kit' Martin with murder three years after three of his neighbors died.

Wednesday, a judge offered Martin a $3 million bail, a number he could not reach. As a result, he will remain incarcerated until a pre-trial hearing on April 15.
[.....]
The prosecution believes that Kit Martin killed Phillips to keep him from testifying against him in a military court marshal. Martin's ex-wife Joan alleged Kit was abusive to her and her children, but the felony allegations did not stick. Joan, however, had financial motive to make them stick since she would have received a six figure settlement from the military if Martin had been convicted.
[.....]
Now, the prosecution still wants mitochondrial DNA tested on hair taken from a torched car. Martin's defense is unworried about the request for further testing years after the fact.

Wednesday, a judge offered Martin a $3 million bail, a number he could not reach. As a result, he will remain incarcerated until a pre-trial hearing on April 15.
It shows now:
KYeCourts - Guest Login
W / M
Next PRETRIAL CONFERENCE is scheduled for 04/15/2020 at 11:00 AM in room C2

FERRIER FILES: Ex-wife of Army Major charged with triple murder breaks her silence

Wednesday, February 19th 2020
PEMBROKE, Ky. (WZTV) — The ex-wife of a man charged with a triple murder is breaking her silence. In her first ever interview, the first wife of the former Army Major and Pilot Christian Kit Martin has a lot to say about her ex-husband.

Stacey Stone had three children with Army Major Christian Martin. She has known him for 30 years. Arguably nobody knows him better.
[.....]
Stacey would bet her life Chris Kit Martin is not a killer. She thinks it’s just not in his DNA.
[.....]
Meanwhile, Martin was being court marshalled after his estranged wife Joan Harmon Guerra accused him of sexually abusing her children. The sex abuse charges were dismissed.

Martin was found guilty of two simple assaults and two counts of mishandling classified documents - misdemeanors that cost him his retirement.
[.....]
"Phillips was murdered to prevent his testimony, his testimony would have exposed Joan Harmon-Guerra's fabrications and would have invalidated her deferment on a recent felony conviction, sending her straight to prison. His testimony had the potential to invalidate all charges Major Martin is facing at court-martial resulting in an acquittal. “ - Private eye and retired homicide detective Michael Conzachi.
[.....]
What is the evidence strong enough to hold Chris Martin for murder, or is there anything substantial at all? We are hoping to find out at his next hearing on April 15th.

Judge Hears Arguments In Pembroke Triple Murder Case

April 2, 2020
A bond hearing was set for later this month in the case against a former Fort Campbell Army major, Christian “Kit” Martin who is accused of killing a Pembroke couple and their neighbor in 2015. Martin’s bond hearing was scheduled to be held in Christian Circuit Court Thursday morning. However, Judge John Atkins advised attorneys that wasn’t going to happen due to the latest order from the Kentucky Supreme Court closing all Justice Centers statewide due to the COVID-19 outbreak. All parties appeared at Thursday’s hearing in a video conference.

Judge Atkins said attorneys had two options to hold a bond hearing – wait until the Justice Centers are reopened to the public or make arrangements for witnesses to appear via Zoom for the hearing.

Martin’s defense attorney, Doug Moore said they want to have the bond hearing by video.

After Moore consulted with his client, Judge Atkins set a target date for the bond hearing to be held on April 16 at 9:00 a.m.
[......]
No trial date has been set in the case.

Since I can not access Kentucky court site - I'm hoping @SeesSeas will pop in & let me know IF this is still going to be today.... maybe a video teleconference like they had on 4/2.

Thursday, April 16th:
*Bond Review Hearing (@ 9am ET) – KY – Edward Dansereau (63), Pamela J. Phillips (58) & Calvin Lee Phillips (53) (Nov. 19, 2015, Pembroke) - *Christian “Kit” Richard Martin (51) arrested & charged (5/11/19), indicted (5/10/19) & arraigned (5/22/19) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder, 1 count of arson, 1 count of attempted arson, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary & 3 counts of tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond, changed (10/16/19) to $3M bond.
5/22/19: Arraignment hearing. 5/22/19: Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Next pretrial conference hearing on 7/10. 7/10/19: Judge appoints public defender. Next pretrial conference hearing on 9/18. 9/18/19: Next motion hearing on 10/16.
10/16/19 Update: The prosecution still wants mitochondrial DNA tested on hair taken from a torched car. Judge offered Martin a $3 million bail, a number he could not reach. As a result, he will remain incarcerated until a pretrial hearing on April 15.
4/2/20 Update: Thursday’s hearing in a video conference for bond hearing. Judge Atkins also heard arguments regarding a motion filed by Martin’s defense attorney, Tom Griffiths requesting they be given a bill of particulars outlining specific charges against his client. Griffiths argued that they can’t determine what the Commonwealth is alleging Martin has done from the evidence they have been given. Assistant Attorney General Barbara Whaley argued the Commonwealth has complied with the requirements of an indictment & made clear the charges lodged against Martin, along with providing evidence to the defense. Judge Adkins denied the defense’s motion. Judge Atkins set a target date for the bond hearing to be held on April 16 at 9:00 a.m.

Looks like it did happen!

Arguments For Bond Reduction In Pembroke Triple Murders

April 16, 2020

A bond reduction hearing was held in Christian Circuit Court Wednesday morning for the former Fort Campbell Army major, Christian “Kit” Martin, accused of killing a Pembroke couple and their neighbor in 2015.

Martin’s defense attorney Tom Griffiths called three witnesses on behalf of his client to argue the $3 million dollars was unreasonable. Tim Price, a Nashville attorney who served alongside Martin in the Tennessee National Guard and Martin’s sister, Amanda Flagg who is a professor of nursing at Middle Tennessee State University.

Flagg stated if her brother was released on bond she would provide him assistance and a place to live. She also said she has no concerns that he would flee or not make court appearances because he is honest and trustworthy.
[.....]
[Assistant Attorney General] Whaley argued there has been no change in the circumstances since his hearing in October 2019, and she believes he is a flight risk even though he does not have a pilot license because he previously used aliases to open Facebook accounts and emails.
[.....]
Judge Atkins said he would take the arguments under advisement and would make a decision soon.

Whaley also provided defense attorneys with an update regarding DNA testing stating the FBI lab staff has been impacted by COVID-19 and she was advised they would have the test completed no sooner than the end of April but it would probably be May.

Judge Atkins did not set a trial date but scheduled another pretrial conference on Thursday morning, June 11, at 10:00.

Looks like there was a hearing this past Wed.

Judge Denies Bond Reduction For Pembroke Triple Murder Suspect

May 7, 2020

A Christian County Circuit Court judge has ruled on a motion requesting a bond reduction for the man accused of killing a Pembroke couple and their neighbor in 2015.

Judge John Atkins issued the Order Wednesday denying a bond reduction for Christian “Kit” Martin, who is charged with three counts of complicity to murder, arson, attempted arson, second-degree burglary, and three counts of complicity of tampering with physical evidence.
[.....]
In the Order Denying Modification of Bond, Judge Atkins states “the Court finds that the difficulty predicting the Defendant’s reasonably anticipated behavior if released, his history of violence that resulted in imprisonment, and the extremely grave nature of his charges require denial of the motion to modify bond.” He also said in the Order the bail as set is not oppressive and the bond, as proposed by the defense, is “inadequate and fails to consider the gravity of the charges.”
[.....]
Judge Atkins set a pretrial conference for June 1, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.

No trial date has been set in the case.

hmm... wonder if they left off a "1" on that date - as I have June 11 as his next hearing. Guess I'll put it on June 1st also.

Unless @SeesSeas can chime in on "what" the court site says.... sorry to call on you again....

hmm... wonder if they left off a "1" on that date - as I have June 11 as his next hearing. Guess I'll put it on June 1st also.
Unless @SeesSeas can chime in on "what" the court site says.... sorry to call on you again....
Court website has June 11:
KYeCourts - Guest Login
W / M
Next PRETRIAL CONFERENCE is scheduled for 06/11/2020 at 10:00 AM in room C2

Thursday, June 11th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 10am ET) – KY – Edward Dansereau (63), Pamela J. Phillips (58) & Calvin Lee Phillips (53) (Nov. 19, 2015, Pembroke) - *Christian “Kit” Richard Martin (51/now 52) arrested & charged (5/11/19), indicted (5/10/19) & arraigned (5/22/19) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder, 1 count of arson, 1 count of attempted arson, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary & 3 counts of tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond, changed (10/16/19) to $3M bond. May, 2016 was convicted of 2 counts of mishandling classified materials & 2 count of assault on a child; sentenced to 6 months in jail & discharged from the military.
5/22/19: Arraignment hearing. 5/22/19: Plead not guilty. Held without bond. Next pretrial conference hearing on 7/10. 7/10/19: Judge appoints public defender. Next pretrial conference hearing on 9/18. 9/18/19: Next motion hearing on 10/16.
10/16/19 Update: The prosecution still wants mitochondrial DNA tested on hair taken from a torched car. Judge offered Martin a $3 million bail, a number he could not reach. As a result, he will remain incarcerated until a pretrial hearing on April 15.
4/2/20 Update: Thursday’s hearing in a video conference for bond hearing. Judge Atkins also heard arguments regarding a motion filed by Martin’s defense attorney, Tom Griffiths requesting they be given a bill of particulars outlining specific charges against his client. Griffiths argued that they can’t determine what the Commonwealth is alleging Martin has done from the evidence they have been given. Assistant Attorney General Barbara Whaley argued the Commonwealth has complied with the requirements of an indictment & made clear the charges lodged against Martin, along with providing evidence to the defense. Judge Adkins denied the defense’s motion. Judge Atkins set a target date for the bond hearing to be held on April 16 at 9:00 a.m.
4/16/20 Update: Judge Atkins said he would take the arguments under advisement and would make a decision soon. Whaley also provided defense attorneys with an update regarding DNA testing stating the FBI lab staff has been impacted by COVID-19 and she was advised they would have the test completed no sooner than the end of April but it would probably be May. Judge Atkins did not set a trial date but scheduled another pretrial conference on Thursday morning, June 11, at 10:00.

Judge Postpones Setting Trial Date In Pembroke Triple-Murder Case

June 11, 2020
A former Fort Campbell Army major charged in connection to a triple-murder in Pembroke in 2015 appeared in Christian Circuit Court Thursday morning for a pretrial conference.
[.....]
Martin’s defense attorney, Tom Griffiths said they are still awaiting surveillance video from their client’s camera to be downloaded to an external drive for their review, as well as the completion of the DNA tests. Assistant Attorney General Barbara Whaley said they are in the process of getting the video downloaded and she received word that the DNA report should be completed at the end of this month.

During the discussion of setting a trial date, Griffiths said the real big hurdle in setting a trial date is completing the investigation on both sides and he doesn’t believe the defense will be ready until next summer.

Whaley said the Commonwealth’s investigation should be completed by next month.

Judge Atkins said he was going to defer setting a trial date until another pretrial conference is held, which he scheduled for Thursday morning, August 6, at 10:00.

Thursday, August 6th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 10am ET) – KY – Edward Dansereau (63), Pamela J. Phillips (58) & Calvin Lee Phillips (53) (Nov. 19, 2015, Pembroke) - *Christian “Kit” Richard Martin (51/now 52) arrested & charged (5/11/19), indicted (5/10/19) & arraigned (5/22/19) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder, 1 count of arson, 1 count of attempted arson, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary & 3 counts of tampering with evidence. Plead not guilty. Held without bond, changed (10/16/19) to $3M bond.
Court info from 5/22/19 thru 4/2/20 reference post #60 here:
KY - KY - Ed Dansereau, 63, Pamela, 58, & Calvin Phillips, 53, Pembroke, 19 Nov 2015 *arrest*

4/16/20 Update: Judge Atkins said he would take the arguments under advisement and would make a decision soon. Whaley also provided defense attorneys with an update regarding DNA testing stating the FBI lab staff has been impacted by COVID-19 and she was advised they would have the test completed no sooner than the end of April but it would probably be May. Judge Atkins did not set a trial date but scheduled another pretrial conference on Thursday morning, June 11, at 10:00.
6/11/20 Update: Martin’s defense attorney, Tom Griffiths said they are still awaiting surveillance video from their client’s camera to be downloaded to an external drive for their review, as well as the completion of the DNA tests. Assistant Attorney General Barbara Whaley said they are in the process of getting the video downloaded & she received word that the DNA report should be completed at the end of this month. During the discussion of setting a trial date, Griffiths said the real big hurdle in setting a trial date is completing the investigation on both sides and he doesn’t believe the defense will be ready until next summer. Judge Atkins said he was going to defer setting a trial date until another pretrial conference is held, which he scheduled for Thursday morning, August 6, at 10:00.

@Alice253 - was wondering if you could help me on this case? I lost my "go-to" person....
in Christian Circuit Court - I don't have a case #.

TIA if you can help me!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif.pagespeed.ce.ql2rp-xM7d.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value