GUILTY KY - Ed Dansereau, 63, Pamela, 58, & Calvin Phillips, 53, murdered, Pembroke, 19 Nov 2015 *arrest*

Fred&edna, I’m with you. Dateline is notorious for leaving out info, so I thought my confusion about the dog tags and Pam’s phone was due to that. I’m also interested in whether the dog tags had his legal name on them. He said in the interview they had “Kit” as his name.

Does anyone here know the answers? Maybe I’ve missed them.

Last edited:
News tonight - Iaw enforcement, after listening to prison calls Kit had with family, discovered a firearm and silencer hidden in insulation, underneath a step in the staircase that you could unlock/open with a hinge on it. They allege he sounded like he was urging his sister to remove it before his ex wife (I guess they got a divorce since his conviction, so sad. I remember the Judge allowing them one final hug before he was hauled off to prison) sold the house. This also apparently happened back in October but was not made public until tonight.

I’ve never been sure if he was responsible, but this new information seems particularly damning for him. Especially since they said the pieces of the firearm that could aid in identification to other evidence were removed and missing.

Story Weapons found in triple murder investigation

I'll give this a listen. Thanks for posting!

Of note: I'm not satisfied that a fair trial took place. Maybe I'm wrong but as a citizen of the state... I have questions and I'm not proud of what occurred in that courtroom.
I wonder if this author had any law enforcement or inside sources and knew of this firearm being found back in the Fall sometime, before his book release.

It certainly brings up some questions about why Kit would be urging his sister to go and retrieve what was under the staircase and I guess get rid of it. Did he not think law enforcement may listen to their calls?

Story I linked above Weapons found in triple murder investigation

Thank you for the updates and additional info @MTW2011. Prison phone call doesn't sound good for Kit, I agree. Was a firearm involved in the murders not found... I can't remember, now. I need to go back and double check.

Thank you for the updates and additional info @MTW2011. Prison phone call doesn't sound good for Kit, I agree. Was a firearm involved in the murders not found... I can't remember, now. I need to go back and double check.
No need to thank me, happy to be able to share info here

With one of the victims they found shell casing(s?) at the crime scene and seized a 45-caliber Glock handgun I believe from Kit’s home.

from the story I shared I saw this quote “And while detectives believe Pam Philips and Ed Dansereau were killed by an AR-15, none of the bullet fragments in their bodies were conclusively found to have been fired by the AR-15 in Martin’s possession.”

without being able to match bullet fragments, I’m not sure they can get a more definitive conclusion about the weapon found….but certainly the style/type of the firearm found matches what they said they believe to have been the weapon used on 2 of the victims

No need to thank me, happy to be able to share info here

With one of the victims they found shell casing(s?) at the crime scene and seized a 45-caliber Glock handgun I believe from Kit’s home.

from the story I shared I saw this quote “And while detectives believe Pam Philips and Ed Dansereau were killed by an AR-15, none of the bullet fragments in their bodies were conclusively found to have been fired by the AR-15 in Martin’s possession.”

without being able to match bullet fragments, I’m not sure they can get a more definitive conclusion about the weapon found….but certainly the style/type of the firearm found matches what they said they believe to have been the weapon used on 2 of the victims

I wasn't impressed with the testimony of the Ky ballistics expert... IIRC he retired almost immediately after this investigation (or something similar). He had nothing to lose (except maybe a little smudge) by testifying for prosecution. jmo But, maybe expert was correct.

I thought the court-martial had taken place before these murders (making the victims' testimony unnecessary). I may be mistaken.

It's possible I've just wanted Kit to be innocent and continue to struggle with the increasing info that he is, in fact, guilty.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darbs76
Back