KY KY - Jackson, Rural Breathitt Co, WhtMale 35-45, UP103, Bifocals, Healed Fracture Rt Ankle & Walking Cane, Jan'79

I think the thread said that his name was Lloyd Buck Noble. From memory, there were several stories about the circumstances surrounding his disappearance. The first was that he was last seen at a rural residence in Ned, when he walked outside for a brief moment and apparently vanished. The second was that he was last seen after driving into Jackson, which is the seat of Breathitt County. I wish I could remember more, but all I can recall was that there seemed to be in recent years a strong consensus that he was still missing. I was never able to determine whether these reports were true, but after seeing threads on cases like that of Hilda McCormick which turned out to be very real on the same website, I thought it might be worth posting.

Noble appears to be a very common surname in Breathitt County. There was a Lloyd Noble whose nickname was Buck who died in 2011.

I presume that was you who posted the question in the Kentucky missing Facebook?

Well I was just looking for information related to enamel hypoplasia and found this gem. Enamel hypoplasia and its role in identification of individuals: A review of literature

Perhaps this gentleman was a premature infant or suffered from a severe vitamin D deficiency (or perhaps his mother did) to account for the enamel hypoplasia, history of at least one broken bone, a skeletal malformation necessitating a shoe lift, need of a walking cane, and arthritis. The age range seems young to have generalized "arthritis" and to need bifocals.

Breathitt County doesn't have a very large population now, and I imagine there were even less in 1979 (unless it was a big booming coal time? I have no idea). It's not a bad place to dump remains, as it's in the middle of nowhere and within driving distance of many major cities.

Noble appears to be a very common surname in Breathitt County. There was a Lloyd Noble whose nickname was Buck who died in 2011.

I presume that was you who posted the question in the Kentucky missing Facebook?

Nah that wasn't me that posted that. Really interested to know why they narrowed the year down to 1974 though, because I think when I posted it I'd still put it as the 1970's.

Okay, I poked some more into Lloyd Noble and found a guy of the right age who is listed as having died in 1974. This is his entry in Geni: Lloyd Noble

Interestingly, I can't find an obituary or findagrave for him. Could be a case of missing presumed dead.

I also found a dissertation about the history of Breathitt County, titled BLOODY BREATHITT: POWER AND VIOLENCE IN THE MOUNTAIN SOUTH. The first chapter's title: THE DARKEST AND BLOODIEST OF ALL THE DARK AND BLOODY FEUD COUNTIES OF THIS STATE.

So I kind of think this isn't a place where somebody from outside would go to dump a body, and if it's somebody local, they aren't going to tell. Or didn't used to be, anyway.​

5017DMCO - Bruce Scott McAllister

5017DMCO.jpg
1689858269307.png

Name: Bruce Scott McAllister
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 18, 1978
Location Last Seen: Centennial, Arapahoe County, Colorado

5017DMCO.jpg
View attachment 436001

Name: Bruce Scott McAllister
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 18, 1978
Location Last Seen: Centennial, Arapahoe County, Colorado
Highly unlikely. Rural Breathitt County isn't a place many out-of-staters go to. It's VERY rural.

Oddly, I was telling my Mom about an unidentified person case I had read about yesterday in my county and she brought up a missing man from where she grew up, Breathitt County, that she said to her knowledge was never solved. She couldn't recall his first name, but did know one of his brother's and that he'd literally disappeared, walked out the front door one morning and disappeared. My Mother lived in the same area (Lost Creek) and knew members of the family. Searching for information, I found his brother's obit, which lead me to search on his Mother's name and missing son and that brought me to this thread. I did find his grave. It looks like he was never found. I'd love to know more about this case if anyone has any additional info!

In thinking about the found body as it relates to Lloyd Buck Noble, though, given that the body was found in January of 1979 and knowing the area as I do, I find it unlikely that the family, still living in the area as they have for generations, would have been unaware of the remains being found, despite the rural/isolated nature of their lives, and not claimed him if there was a chance it was him. However, anyone who knows much about the area knows about the issues with political and police corruption and/or lack of resources coupled with incompetence. I'm not saying this just in a vein of disrespect, as my roots are from this area, only that those are known issues faced in many rural areas and small towns.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beefalo
Back