Found Deceased KY - Jill Clayton, 41, Rowan County, 26 Nov 2020 *Missing After Argument*

I couldn’t find Jill’s age when I made this thread, but now I see from the Find Jill Clayton Facebook page that Jill is 41 years old.

Wow. He shows up at her family's Thanksgiving dinner and says Jill didn't come because she wasn't feeling well? That took guts, but what was his plan? Strange!

He probably had nowhere else to eat Thanksgiving dinner. Her family is probably lucky he didn’t harm them too.

Not saying this isn't possible but mountain fiests are smaller hunting dogs sort of like a Jack Russell terrier though a bit larger.
That just makes it more likely he killed them. It doesn't have to be because they were a threat, it could just be to silence them, or because he didn't like them.

So they fight around 10am, then he shows up for dinner, around when? I'm guessing 6ish? I think he used that 8 hours to dispose of her and being a felon I am worried he took her out into the middle of nowhere and burned her. Hopefully LE can get some good evidence off the house and vehicle, I have a feeling he knew better than to leave his phone on. I find it interesting he was found sleeping in his truck though, I guess he couldn't stomach going back to the house.

DEC 9, 2020
Search parties continue for missing woman in Rowan County (wymt.com)
[...]

“I went to check on Jill, her phone is there, her purse is there, the car is there, so do you think I’m being crazy right now or do you think something is wrong’,” Clayton’s sister KH said. “And I said, ‘I think I’m hanging up the phone with you and I’m calling the police’.”

The Rowan County Sheriff’s Office has led up search parties in the area of CCC Trail near Clayton’s home even using tracking and cadaver dogs.

[...]

Sheriff Matt Sparks said Clayton’s boyfriend Gary Jeffries is the main person of interest in the case.

But, new tips and leads have been hard to come by.

[...]

Another search party is planned for Friday morning. Anyone who wants to volunteer to help can meet at the Rowan County Courthouse at 9 a.m.

Last edited:
Jill is 5'7, approximately 200 pounds with very long dark hair.

Sheriff: Rowan Co. woman’s boyfriend a suspect in her disappearance (wkyt.com)
Noting:
  • The ingredients for broccoli casserole were sitting on the stove, including a pot of water she was getting ready to boil.
  • She hasn’t been heard from since around 10 a.m. Thanksgiving a.m. when neighbors say they heard her and her boyfriend, Gary Jeffries, arguing loudly.
  • “I think they had at best a rocky relationship. It sounded like they’ve had a history of domestic violence. One of her sisters reported that a few weeks ago she had shown up with some bruising on her,” Det Donnie Hall, RCSD.
  • JC was supposed to go to her family’s Thanksgiving dinner, but Jeffries showed up in her place.
  • “We asked where Jill was, and he said ‘She’s not feeling well.’ So a couple of days went by and we asked each other ‘Have you talked to Jill? Have you talked to Jill?’” Holbrook said.
  • When Clayton’s sister and cousin got to her house, they found her phone still plugged into a wall charger and her car still in the driveway.
  • They say she’s never gone more than a day or two without talking to family.
  • They want to ask people, especially on CCC Trail, if they have security cameras facing the road, to review those looking for his truck or car.
  • Detective Hall says Jeffries is a convicted felon, and now a suspect in Clayton’s disappearance.
  • Jeffries was arrested Nov 30 after being found asleep in his truck with a gun in his possession by Louisville Metro Police. This leaves a crucial four-day window between his arrest and the last time anyone saw Clayton.

DEC 9, 2020
Family fears 'foul play' after Rowan County woman disappears on Thanksgiving | News | wdrb.com
"We have evidence that suggests foul play," Holbrook told LEX 18. "I can’t tell you what that evidence is, but the sheriff’s office believes foul play was involved."

From DEC 10 update in the article
UPDATE: Dozens gather Friday morning to search for missing Rowan woman - ABC 36 News (wtvq.com)
Small groups of people will go to each area.

[...]

The roads include:
  • CCC Trail
  • Rosedale Road
  • Mocobee Creek
  • Porter Creek
  • Open Fork
  • Weaver Ridge
  • Cold Springs Hollow
  • 504 (toward soldier)
  • Mushroom Mines
  • Stark Ridge
  • Trent Ridgee
  • Laurel Creek
  • Williams Branch
  • Clack Mtn East
  • Jones Ridge
  • Weaver Ridge
  • Craney Creek
  • Upper Craney
clayton-map-300x157.png

DEC 11, 2020
Search continues for missing woman in Rowan County (wkyt.com)
Dozens of volunteers are out again Friday searching CCC Trail for any signs of Jill Clayton. It’s a very rural area. The sheriff says that’s what’s making the search so difficult.

Clayton’s boyfriend, Gary Jeffries, is the main person of interest in this case. He’s in custody in Louisville for unrelated charges.

The sheriff said Jeffries is very familiar with the area. Neighbors say he frequently wandered in the woods.

[...]

The sheriff’s office says crews will look for Jill on Friday until they search the entire perimeter or until the sun goes down.

[...]

Last edited:
DEC 11, 2020
'This is personal': Detective, community members search for missing Rowan County woman Jill Clayton (lex18.com)
[...]

“I’ve known Jill since we were kids, and we haven’t remained great friends recently or anything like that, but this is personal," said Detective Donny Hall, who is leading this investigation. "And I think that’s the reason for such a good turnout today."

[...]

Days later, Jeffries, who is listed as a person of interest in Clayton’s disappearance, was picked up by Louisville Metro police and arrested on an unrelated charge. His arraignment on that charge is scheduled for Dec. 18.

This morning, search party volunteers met at the Rowan County courthouse, caravanned up to Clayton’s home near KY-3317, and after being given instructions, headed off into the woods to begin looking for anything like might lead investigators back to Clayton (a 1 ½ mile search perimeter was established).

[...]

Jeffries has been questioned by Hall, but offered very little information. That he covered more than 120 miles during his drive to Louisville presents a real challenge, Hall said.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheKinn
Back