KY KY - Louisville, BlkFem Infant, UP121297, Found behind Oxmoor Center, Blunt force injuries, Dec'92

BrownBear

Reaction score
Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP121297

Date Body Found: December 23, 1992
Location Found: Louisville, Kentucky
Circumstances of Recovery: Female infant found in plastic garbage bag in asphalt parking lot in rear of Oxmoor Center with several blunt force injuries.

Biological Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American
Estimated Age Group: Infant
Height: 1' 9"(21 inches), Measured
Weight: 7 lbs, Measured
Hair Color: Black
Head Hair Description: Curly
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Missing Eye
Scar/mark: 3/4 inch Mongolian spot in presacral area
Clothing (Near the Body): VBD size 38 jockey shorts and White t-shirt, size extra large, with "State Escape 12 Oxmoor Center" on front and back
Other (Near the Body): white cotton cloth and Two blue scrub towels

I'm wondering if the shirt actually says Steak, not State. I came across some info online that suggests that there was a Steak Escape Restaurant located at Oxmoor Center in the early 90s.

I don't have a link to the full news clip but the first part can be seen in bottom right corner... it states they thought the baby had been struck by vehicles.

Last edited:
This one is really difficult to handle. She was born healthy and then died of exposure or suffocation, before being run over by one or more cars. Dumped in the cold as naked as the second she was born, save the garbage bag she was partially occupying. So many would have loved her as their own. It feels even sadder today on Mother's Day. I wonder, does the mother think of her? Does she have other children? Does she dread that knock on her door? And most of all, WHY?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57
Back