KY KY - Marion County, WhtFem Teen-Young Adult, possibly wore copper bracelet - 20 November 1990

bflocket

Reaction score
COLD CASE ON THE MURDER OF UNIDENTIFIED PERSON
Kentucky State Police (website)
Victim: Unidentified Person

Location: November 20, 1990, human remains were located in a wooded area in Marion County. No identification has been made on the remains.

I doubt this individual will ever be identified.

There is literally NO info whatsoever other than a date and "wooded area in Marion County." Most of Marion County is wooded. It doesn't have a gender and just says "Marion County." Not "near Lebanon" or "near Raywick" or even the N/S/E/W part of the county.
I am just assuming that they were skeletal remains (and not all of them). Otherwise I'd think that they could at least make a guess about the age/sex/race/etc. So it seems unlikely that it will be matched to a missing person, and there are a few in the area.

They're not on DoeNet or NamUS or any other UID website that I know of. I somehow came across this as I was trying to find a KY Driver's Manual so I can study to get my license back.
It just caught my attention because Marion is a neighboring county south of mine (Nelson Co). And it got on my nerves because of the utter lack of details. But I guess we're lucky to have any details since they're not listed anywhere else.
That's IT??? Grrr...

Last edited:
COLD CASE ON THE MURDER OF UNIDENTIFIED PERSON
Kentucky State Police (website)

I doubt this individual will ever be identified.

There is literally NO info whatsoever other than a date and "wooded area in Marion County." Most of Marion County is wooded. It doesn't have a gender and just says "Marion County." Not "near Lebanon" or "near Raywick" or even the N/S/E/W part of the county.
I am just assuming that they were skeletal remains (and not all of them). Otherwise I'd think that they could at least make a guess about the age/sex/race/etc. So it seems unlikely that it will be matched to a missing person, and there are a few in the area.

They're not on DoeNet or NamUS or any other UID website that I know of. I somehow came across this as I was trying to find a KY Driver's Manual so I can study to get my license back.
It just caught my attention because Marion is a neighboring county south of mine (Nelson Co). And it got on my nerves because of the utter lack of details. But I guess we're lucky to have any details since they're not listed anywhere else.
That's IT??? Grrr...
Maybe try emailing the detective for more information?

Maybe try emailing the detective for more information?

Since I frequent MP/UID and cold case websites, and have done so for a couple of decades, I don't know to say this without sounding like a hypocrite. I just flat-out don't trust them. There's at least one local missing person (I went to school with her) and several murders that are undoubtedly connected to LEO's in one way or another. So I know there's crooked cops in my area. I really knew that well before any of the recent events that I'm talking about. And I doubt that they'd be any less crooked a county away from here.

And there was another cold case murder that I found on the KSP website that I posted about where there were also "very few if any" details published. Well within an hour, someone on WS not only found more details about the murder but also found the name of the victim (unnamed on the KSP website).

There are definitely detectives that are worse and better. Just saying it couldn't hurt to ask. :) I know some people who have gotten lots of extra info on cases by filing FOIA requests.

They request the public’s help identifying an unidentified person found in a wooded area in 1990. Well, they do list a contact number for anyone who may know “Unidentified Person”! (insert sarcasm)

Just after the short time I’ve spent on these Kentucky cases, I’m going to say... @bflocket - I believe you are not wrong with your previous comment. This is frustrating!

(eta: FWIW, I posted a Google Doc link to my status here, for anyone wanting to look into some of these KY cold cases with me....it’s any articles I’m able to find about UID in KY. I’ll add them as I find them and if anyone else wants to do so, I’ll be happy to change the settings to allow it. But I’ve already found more info in the few articles so far than a lot of what I’m seeing on some sites!)

Regarding Clopton/Cable, there is only one possible/likely victim that I could find on NamUS...

She’s a little older than the others, though still young at 22, and went missing over the summer of 1989. They said the remains were a few months up to a year old, which would be pushing it with Hilbert. I also think I remember this being described a possible “domestic” case somewhere at some time in the past.

Angelia Spaulding Hilbert (NamUS)
She should have info on DoeNet and Charley but it’s hard for me to do links on my phone... Just look her up.

I don’t know how many of their possible victims were definitively confirmed to be victims via remains. There’s probably more “possibles” that weren’t noted in the press due to being juveniles and/or possible runaways (who back then likely became “found” merely because they turned 18 - not because they were actually found).

There are definitely detectives that are worse and better. Just saying it couldn't hurt to ask. :) I know some people who have gotten lots of extra info on cases by filing FOIA requests.
The town “crazy girl” stopped by my place a few weeks ago after almost a year in rehab.
I learned that she stole my wallet when the sheriff of a neighboring county called me after she’d tried (but not succeeded in) using my card there.

She stole it in your county and didn’t get to use your card here.”

My county was “You didn’t see her take it and I [a deputy] didn’t see her take it...”
I still don’t trust any of them.

Last year, she gave me some of the most ridiculous “inside info” on a local missing/murdered person that I ever thought I’d hear. So absolutely ridiculous that I almost picked up a chair and whacked her with it. I’m glad that was last year because I probably would’ve done it after my wallet.

Last edited:
Now in NamUs - UP114368

ME/C Case Number ME90-1013
Biological Sex Unsure
Race / Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Late Teen/Young Adult
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found November 20, 1990
NamUs Case Created January 9, 2024

Location Found Map

Location Lebanon, Kentucky 40033
County Marion County
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery A left foot was found by rabbit hunter's dog in a wooded area. Cadaver dog recovered a right and left hand in same area.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Other distinctive physical characteristic Anthropologist believes these are remains of a white female, around age 15 who might have worn copper bracelet and was right handed. Foot measured 9" from heel to toe.

Now in NamUs - UP114368

ME/C Case Number ME90-1013
Biological Sex Unsure
Race / Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Late Teen/Young Adult
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found November 20, 1990
NamUs Case Created January 9, 2024

Location Found Map

Location Lebanon, Kentucky 40033
County Marion County
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery A left foot was found by rabbit hunter's dog in a wooded area. Cadaver dog recovered a right and left hand in same area.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Other distinctive physical characteristic Anthropologist believes these are remains of a white female, around age 15 who might have worn copper bracelet and was right handed. Foot measured 9" from heel to toe.
Parabon Nanolabs should definitely do a Snapshot of this decedent

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592