KY KY - Melanie Flynn, 24, Lexington, 25 Jan 1977

8291 Old Richmond Road it’s still a large piece of land owned by one person that encompasses the borders of Richmond, Winchester, and Fayetteville county.

That appears to now be the address of Boone Creek Outdoors (zipline tours).

IIRC that address isn't very far (8-12 mi) from Lambert's (Amster Rd, Winchester) property where Rebecca Moore was last seen.

Last edited:
8291 Old Richmond Road it’s still a large piece of land owned by one person that encompasses the borders of Richmond, Winchester, and Fayetteville county.

I don't think that's the location. In the book it is described as being in Jessamine County, which would be southwest of Lexington, not southeast.

Bumping to spur interest. Personally, I've always suspected that Melanie was disposed of in a flooded pit in the caves at the old Allen Company quarry on the Clark County side of the river....this would have been no more than a mile from Jimmy Lambert's house (and, coincidentally, only a few miles from my house).

I have no inside information, of course.

Bumping to spur interest. Personally, I've always suspected that Melanie was disposed of in a flooded pit in the caves at the old Allen Company quarry on the Clark County side of the river....this would have been no more than a mile from Jimmy Lambert's house (and, coincidentally, only a few miles from my house).

What ever became of the new leads from a few years ago?

that makes a lot of sense.

Melanie Flynn: Crews survey land where Lexington woman's remains may be located

Sounds like they are going to do a lot of digging. Why don't they look in the cave under that heavy metal lid?

She’s not in the cave. (If you’re meaning Chinn’s Cave.) I lost a drone in there and ended up mapping the entire place out when I went in to get it. Found some interesting prototype MK19 grenade launcher shells pretty far in Though.

Which metal lid are you mentioning?

IIRC they've only searched down around the Kentucky River. Is that where you are? <modsnip>

My personal opinion is Melanie was murdered and encased in concrete and dropped into water. She got involved with some bad people and several of them ended up dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC they've only searched down around the Kentucky River. Is that where you are? <modsnip>

My personal opinion is Melanie was murdered and encased in concrete and dropped into water. She got involved with some bad people and several of them ended up dead.

I'm near the Kentucky River, but the part they searched was quite a few miles downstream from here. <modsnip: personalizing>

Why can't they search the place you mentioned? No interest? Too expensive?<modsnip>
MOO

Why can't they search the place you mentioned? No interest? Too expensive?
<modsnip>

Too dangerous to search the spot (for the divers). A robot submersible with a camera would be the only safe option. And besides that, there are.....let's say, people with varying degrees of connection the the players in that drama, who are still alive, and who would rather that that stone not be turned over. <modsnip>

Too dangerous to search the spot (for the divers). A robot submersible with a camera would be the only safe option. And besides that, there are.....let's say, people with varying degrees of connection the the players in that drama, who are still alive, and who would rather that that stone not be turned over. <modsnip>
It saddens me that the Flynn family can't get closure when we both know someone knows who where and why. Especially if that person can't be held accountable now. <modsnip>

The new movie will not be very factual, as it's more about the bear, jm2. I was always hoping she'd be found before her father passed. We had always heard, that she was in a cave along the palisades, between Camp Nelson, and Harrodsburg. (It was said, maybe in the book, that there had been a cave located, with a bar across the upper portion (at one time), with some rope and material hanging from it. The Ky river can have some pretty impressive floods and it had been discussed that after being flooded over the years, the rope, holding the bag had deteriorated and her body had been washed away in the flooded river. Just speculation among friends.

The last search I'm aware of was the one in 2019:

"There have also been rumors that Flynn’s remains are in Herrington Lake, Howells said. (Herrington is over 2,000 acres, the deepest, and, IMO, most dangerous lake, in the state of KY), However, according to the Lexington Herald-Leader, two tips—including a death bed confession—have led police to resume the search at Murphy’s Landing, which has also been known as Ward’s Landing and Brooklyn.
Flynn’s car was found on Feb. 8, 1977, and her purse was found floating in the Kentucky River near Camp Nelson in Jessamine County in August 1977, according to the website. " (this is upstream from Murphy's Landing)

Search Continues For Melanie Flynn In Mercer County

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crime/article232423297.html

The Ky River Palisades

I've been interested in this case ever since I read "Bluegrass Conspiracy". Someone knows something when it comes to the whereabouts of Melanie. Please print this flyer and post around Central Kentucky and share on Social Media. Let's bring her home to her family!

Attachments

• MISSING Flynn.jpg
    MISSING Flynn.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 7
I'm near the Kentucky River, but the part they searched was quite a few miles downstream from here. <modsnip: personalizing>
I remember when she went missing, then, read BGC, I doubt she'll ever be found. I heard rumors for many years and I do believe she is near the KY River and possibly where they tried to excavate a couple years ago, in an old septic tank or in one of the caves along the river. Possibly near the palisades. I've not been down that way in years but it's very possible that everyone who knew, is now deceased. I wish her parents had gotten closure. Makes me sad.

She’s not in the cave. (If you’re meaning Chinn’s Cave.) I lost a drone in there and ended up mapping the entire place out when I went in to get it. Found some interesting prototype MK19 grenade launcher shells pretty far in Though.

Which metal lid are you mentioning?
I don't think she's in Chinn but it was possibly a temp spot. That's pretty cool about your mapping of Chinn's. It's been chained and gated off for a long time. I always wanted to go and look in there. I'd love to see the footage especially due to this case. When I heard about the cave part was in the early 80s. Where I used to live, it was a sort of hub for this activity until the interstates and parkways bypassed the small towns on main roads (back in the day).
They found her purse floating in the river around Camp Nelson. That's upriver from Harrodsburg. So that is odd to find it so far away from the Harrodsburg area. I used to hang out on the river a lot as a kid. It is rugged.

Last edited:
What could be found out on this old farm? What connects it to subjects mentioned on this thread? Curious

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua
Back