KY - Multiple casualties in active shooter situation at Old National Bank in Louisville, Apr 2023 *suspect dead*

Press conference- police officer struck in head with bullet, was taken to hospital and is now out of surgery and stable .. he was just 26 years old and recently joined the police force.

These shooters disgust me!!

Press conference- police officer struck in head with bullet, was taken to hospital and is now out of surgery and stable .. he was just 26 years old and recently joined the police force.

These shooters disgust me!!
I’m watching…the police chief said she JUST SWORE HIM IN on March 31st.

I have no words.

Well, I do but can’t say them on WS.

ETA: News says Sturgeon was 23, not 25.

Louisville Interim Police Chief Jacquelyn Gwinn-Villaroel identified the dead as Tommy Elliott, 63; Joshua Barrick, 40; Jim Tutt, 64; and Juliana Farmer, 57.

Good family, and a reputation as a “good kid.”

Apparently he was fired from the bank, ergo the revenge.

As always, when someone who doesn’t seem to have a high-risk background commits this type of mass murder, it’s baffling. But it happens often enough that I never say “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.”

In my own family we have one relative who is the opposite of the rest of us in every conceivable way.

It’s just so atrocious, though. One would hope that at only 23, he’d be able to move on from getting fired.

Maybe the reason he was fired, if we ever have knowledge of it, will bring some more insight into his character.

Yet according to this article, no one who knew him would’ve expected this of Connor.

Yes, all this morning in downtown Louisville. My husband was on the way to work and right near the bank. He heard the helicopter(s?) overhead, and then received a message not to be in the area he was in. He has been nervous for years walking from the parking garage to the university (no guns allowed in the university) because there are a lot of obviously mentally ill people hanging around that area, not to mention just plain criminals.

As always, when someone who doesn’t seem to have a high-risk background commits this type of mass murder, it’s baffling. But it happens often enough that I never say “the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.”

In my own family we have one relative who is the opposite of the rest of us in every conceivable way.

It’s just so atrocious, though. One would hope that at only 23, he’d be able to move on from getting fired.

Maybe the reason he was fired, if we ever have knowledge of it, will bring some more insight into his character.

Yet according to this article, no one who knew him would’ve expected this of Connor.
I'm trying to find verification the shooter was actually a paid employee, not just an intern. Any links with that info are welcome!

I'm trying to find verification the shooter was actually a paid employee, not just an intern. Any links with that info are welcome!
I'll look for it but I read that he actually worked there for two years after interning a couple of times.

On the preview of his Linked In page (which has since been removed) it says " am a Syndications Associate and Portfolio Banker with Old National Bank in Louisville following completion of the ONB Commercial Banking Development..."

also from this article

A former friend and teammate of Connor's from high school described the gunman as smart, popular and a star athlete in high school track, football and basketball.

He was the 2016 NTSPY winner for Boys Track Athlete of the Year and won the Evansville Regional crown in the 400-meter during the 2015 - 16 track season, going on to finish 20th in the state meet.

Sturgeon was also named a National Merit Scholar in 2015.

'I know everyone always says this about shooters, but I truly would have never expected it to be him,' the unnamed classmate told the Daily Beast.

He noted that Sturgeon always wore a helmet during basketball games because he had suffered so many concussions. An Instagram account that was apparently liked to Sturgeon was under the username 'Mr. Concussion.'

'The big thing I keep going back to is that in the first year of high school, we played football together in eighth grade, he was out most of the year because he had multiple concussions. Then he had a couple more in high school,' the friend said.

'I'm not saying it's the cause, but I always think back to that... There were times I'd wonder, will this catch up with him? But never in this way. He's the last person I'd expect would do this.'

He might have developed CTE from all the concussions. CTE may not show up for years after someone stopped playing sports. His friend said this might not have been the cause. It could have been a contributing factor.

Connor Sturgeon, 25, identified himself as "Syndications Associate and Portfolio Banker" at Old National Bank, which he joined fulltime in 2021 after three consecutive summer internships from 2018-20 while Sturgeon completed a master's degree in finance at the University of Alabama.

Yes, all this morning in downtown Louisville. My husband was on the way to work and right near the bank. He heard the helicopter(s?) overhead, and then received a message not to be in the area he was in. He has been nervous for years walking from the parking garage to the university (no guns allowed in the university) because there are a lot of obviously mentally ill people hanging around that area, not to mention just plain criminals.

Most shooters are not mentally ill and there's no evidence this shooter was mentally ill, so there being mentally ill people there is irrelevant right now. I am glad that your husband is ok.

Sounds like he had self-esteem problems. It appeared he was doing well according to his LinkedIn bio (from the same MSM article). It feels like finding out he was about to be fired made him snap IMO.

In a 2018 college essay posted to the website CourseHero, a user identified as a University of Alabama student named Connor Sturgeon wrote that he had had trouble fitting in at school.

“My self-esteem has long been a problem for me,” the essay read. “As a late bloomer in middle and high school, I struggled to a certain extent to fit in, and this has given me a somewhat negative self-image that persists today. Making friends has never been especially easy, so I have more experience than most in operating alone.”

The author wrote that in college, he had “begun to mature socially and am beginning to see improvement in this area,” and that he hoped to “be more self-aware and start becoming a ‘better’ person.”

[...]

Sturgeon wrote on his LinkedIn profile that he interned at Old National Bank in Louisville for three consecutive summers between 2018 and 2020 before joining as a Commercial Development Professional in June 2021. He became a Syndications Associate and Portfolio Banker at the bank in April 2022, according to the profile.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c728
Back