Identified! KY - Owensboro, Pleasant Valley Rd, WhtMale 25-40, UP87, curly hair, eyeglasses, Jan'90 - William Dennis Mathews

Re: the homosexual activity -- if he had engaged in anal sex (willingly or unwillingly) before he died, that would potentially be detectable on the PM.

It doesn't say anything about that sort of thing, though. And it was the satanic, sacrifice and torture as much as the gay stuff that is confusing. It was some big evil production, then just some guy that got murdered and dumped.

Clearly it was a gruesome enough murder without dragging in the (usually nonexistent) satan worshippers. I think sometimes people fall back on that, though, because it's easier than thinking somebody could just randomly be so vicious and cruel to another human being.

I found this little news-brief in the Bowing Green paper from the week of the victim's discovery...
I just skimmed through the thread and didn't see it. If someone (especially if I'd already done it) posted it, please disregard

Abused body found in Owensboro
Bowling Green Daily News (1/9/1990) A2
Trooper Larry Abel described it as the most brutal murder he had seen in 15 years as an officer.

owensboro body.JPG

Re: the homosexual activity -- if he had engaged in anal sex (willingly or unwillingly) before he died, that would potentially be detectable on the PM.

I've posted on this this page several times and it looks like I was the last to post here. I don't know how I'd overlooked this (bottom) story or skimmed over and missed it. I saw that two murderers involved a local (to me) case may have killed (and sexually assaulted) this guy, too. I live in central Kentucky, but over 100 miles east of Owensboro.

The local case sounded more like a crazy urban (rural?) legend to me back when I was in high school. I later on found out that it (crazy parts included) was all true.

Two guys (James Clopton and Ray Cable) had kidnapped some girls from around Louisville and kept them chained to trees at the southern edge of my county (Nelson Co, KY). They were near the Rolling Fork, a small river that serves as the Nelson/Larue county line.
They'd killed (at least one of) the girls, dismembered them and dropped their parts around the area. A 15-y/o girl somehow got loose and was able to get a gun and kill Clopton.

One of the dump spots was in Pottinger's Creek at a small concrete slab bridge. It's near the railroad crossing on Dee Head Road, a couple miles south of Gethsemane (monastery). Me and my friends probably crossed that bridge a billion times as bored teenagers who cruised around BFE just to give us something to do. We'd heard enough about the murders to call the bridge area "The Hands."

Girl, 15, escapes from killer rapist & shoots him to death
Weekly World News*
7/3/1990
WWN Clopton + Cable.JPG
*(I know it's the paper that wrote about the Batboy, but the details in this story are all basically correct and it has pics)*

INFAMY: Cable and Clopton terrorized LaRue
The Larue County Herald News (Hodgenville, KY)
12/29/2011
The girls, Bridget Allen and Sherry Wilson, both 14, left home one day in January 1990 and were never seen again.

In March that year, a severed arm washed up in Pottinger Creek near New Hope. Authorities determined the arm had been sawn from the body of a young person, but the victim was not identified for several months.
Clopton left behind a diary that implicated Cable in the rapes and murders. He wrote also that he had killed Allen and Wilson with a hammer, dismembered them and strewed their body parts over a three-county radius.

Stefanie Silvey Investigates... Alleged Murders of James Cable
WFIE 14-News (Evansville, IN)
(cannot find date)
While searching through old news archives, Stefanie found that James Cable's name came up during the investigation into an unidentified man found dismembered in rural Daviess County in 1990. Cable was arrested shortly after that for the rape, kidnapping and torture of a 15-year-old Jefferson County girl. She was able to escape after killing Cable's accomplice, Philip Clopton.
Because it was in the same time frame, and the unidentified man was also sexually assaulted and dismembered, the Daviess County Sheriff's Department tells Newswatch they will check DNA found on the body to see if it's a match to Cable, as will Louisville detectives.

Idk if this UID has a doe network link

WARNING POST MORTEM AT NAMUS LINK!!!!

Wiki link: http://unidentified.wikia.com/wiki/Daviess_County_John_Doe
Namus link:
https://identifyus.org/cases/87

A White Male was found in wooded area approximately 40' off Pleasant Valley Road. In Owensboro, Daviess County, Kentucky on January 7, 1990.
On the wiki site it says he was brutally beaten to death then shot.

In 2007 it was announced that the victim had been identified as Scott Michael Morris, who went missing from Indianapolis as a teenager in 1978. However, further DNA testing in 2010 stated that identification was mistaken and body does not belong to Morris.

Height: 5'0
Weight: 130 lbs
Hair: Brown with focal graying, curly, 8 inches long.
Eye color: Brown
He didn't have any scars, tattoos or other easy identifying characteristics.

Clothing: None. However they did find a pair of men's gold toned presciption eyeglasses recovered near the victim.

His fingerprints aren't available.
His DNA and Dentals are complete and entered.

a4da30f9d87215803179ba00aa7e2a04.jpg
2bb6ae0710110f20f9e89105f1091a65.jpg

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

There is something I don't understand. His Wiki says that his teeth were removed, but Namus says his dental information is available and entered. There are even dental radiographs available on his Namus page, so I suppose his Wiki page has some false information.

Wiki is information entered by anyone, I would go with Namus.

This guy is a little taller but all the other stats seem to fit
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1069dmca.html JJAntinoro[1].jpg

John Joseph Antinoro
Missing since August 30, 1988 from Santa Monica, Los Angeles County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: June 15, 1964
Age at Time of Disappearance: 24 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'9"; 135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Brown eyes; brown hair. He wears eyeglasses.
Marks, Scars: He has a pockmarked complexion. At the time of his disappearance, he had two cuts on his head.
Clothing: He was wearing jeans, a black leather jacket and jogging shoes.
Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Antinoro was last seen in Santa Monica, CA on August 30, 1988.

this guy is closer in height but does not mention glasses CMartinez[1].jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/658dmca.html
Cruz Enrique Martinez
Missing since September 7, 1989 from Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: March 17, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 28 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2" (157 cm); 120 lbs. (55 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic male. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Cruz has scars on both of his cheeks and a scar on the bridge of his nose.
Dentals: X-Rays are not available.

Cruz was last seen on September 7, 1989 in Los Angeles, CA.

this guys height is off http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1473dmor.html TLKeays[1].jpg

Name: Timothy Lee Keays
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 27, 1989
Location Last Seen: Ashland, Jackson County, Oregon
Physical Description
Date of Birth: January 24, 1957
Race: White
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: He had been taking medications for respiratory ailments.
Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Timothy Lee Keays is a Vietnam Veteran who was last seen on the Southern Oregon State College Campus in Ashland, Oregon on June 27, 1989. Mr. Keays was living with his mother in Talent, Oregon and taking medications for respiratory ailments. In 1993, acting on information that he may have been the victim of foul play, investigators with the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department searched ponds near Interstate 5 in the Talent area with negative results.

MadameX: I like Antinoro, glasses and bushy brows!

There is something I don't understand. His Wiki says that his teeth were removed, but Namus says his dental information is available and entered. There are even dental radiographs available on his Namus page, so I suppose his Wiki page has some false information.

Yea I was kind of confused on that too when I looked at this guy... do they mean that they only have like half of his dentals???

this guy was discussed a lot in his other thread. basically LE in OR wont do anything because they think he was killed locally and refuse to consider other possibilities.

this guys height is off http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1473dmor.html View attachment 120626

Name: Timothy Lee Keays
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: June 27, 1989
Location Last Seen: Ashland, Jackson County, Oregon
Physical Description
Date of Birth: January 24, 1957
Race: White
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: He had been taking medications for respiratory ailments.
Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Timothy Lee Keays is a Vietnam Veteran who was last seen on the Southern Oregon State College Campus in Ashland, Oregon on June 27, 1989. Mr. Keays was living with his mother in Talent, Oregon and taking medications for respiratory ailments. In 1993, acting on information that he may have been the victim of foul play, investigators with the Jackson County Sheriff

Updated Namus link: WARNING POST MORTEM PHOTOS. (And the recon made from a post mortem photo is pretty creepy too...)

Unidentified Person Case

Ruleouts:

MP1666 Lindsey Baker, Jr 06/01/1989 Alexander NC
MP20747 Ronald Janes 12/27/1989 Jefferson KY
MP1972 Allyn Kellar 03/25/1986 Adams NE
MP35538 Michael Mccormick 12/07/1989 Chemung NY
MP9491 David Mize 04/18/1989 DeSoto MS
MP9041 Jerry Plaster 04/16/1988 Manassas VA

Wow, I thought this individual had been identified. I had no idea that later it was determined it was not a match. This blows my mind. Does anyone know if there have been any recent updates?

The post-mortem photo on Namus looks like he doesn't have any teeth left. It's pretty brutal.

That said, there's quite a bit of information that can be gathered from the jaw without teeth, so it's possible that he had something unique that wasn't destroyed by the killer(s).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back