GUILTY KY - Trey Zwicker, 14, beaten to death, Louisville, 11 May 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A plastic bat? Can batter a person to death? I can see bad welts but death?

Plastic bat????

I heard wooden bat with signatures on it....
but then again I can hardly hear the feed

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 55s

Cassie Gouker said they didn't talk during the drive. She still thought he was joking.
"They had a twisted sense if humor," she said

Ryan Smith ‏@ryansmithtv 1m

Cassie at #JoshYoung trial: told her he "killed Trey", took him to get rid of bat, clothes. State may have cut deal w/ her.

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 21s
"I didn't think they would do anything like that to Trey," Cassie testifies.

I'll have to go back and look at the testimony. Watching Cassie right now. You may be right but it seemed odd to me. I just don't buy all of the witnesses testimony, it clearly favor JY. I think she is trying to give him another chance, like she was trying to tell JG about his future. But, it's not her job to be his Mom. JMO

I think if Erin had been spinning her evidence to help the defendant she would have said something along the lines of having overheard JG say he did it, or that JG confessed to her. She didn't do that, which is one of the reasons I find her testimony credible. I think she gave an honest account of events, but apart from impeaching the other woman's testimony she didn't add much.

What is wrong with these people..people tell them they killed a child and it's " ok I'll help ya hide the stuff"....aggravated at that

It is difficult to wrap our minds around the fact that these people are just different from you and I. It is also important to remember that if words are coming from their mouths, it most likely is not the truth. Lying is the default. as jg testified to earlier, "when I say tell the truth, it means LIE."

Cassie appears credible thus far..who would admit to being complicit, and soo matter of fact...

I find Cassie so far the most reliable.

She said it was a wooden bat with signatures and was an heirloom to the family. not directed to you just sailing.

I think if Erin had been spinning her evidence to help the defendant she would have said something along the lines of having overheard JG say he did it, or that JG confessed to her. She didn't do that, which is one of the reasons I find her testimony credible. I think she gave an honest account of events, but apart from impeaching the other woman's testimony she didn't add much.

That's what is great about WS, we can agree to disagree on this one. I find her story credible, but then I think she purposely changed it up to help JY, like she wanted to help JG. JMO

Do you know or does anyone else know why the kidnapping case wasn't prosecuted?

Paige Quiggins WDRB ‏@PaigeWDRB 33s

#CassieGouker says she saw blood and was scared... Didn't know if it was blood from an animal or if they were telling the truth

Marissa Alter ‏@WLKYMarissa 56s

Cassie says she saw blood on the wooden bat #JoshYoung had with him. @WLKY

I find Cassie so far the most reliable.

She said it was a wooden bat with signatures and was an heirloom to the family. not directed to you just sailing.

Thought I heard her say Loisville slugger..I may have heard wrong..but agree my memory recalls wooden bat

JG told witness he was going to take the blame for the killing.

Isn't that here say?

That's what is great about WS, we can agree to disagree on this one. I find her story credible, but then I think she purposely changed it up to help JY, like she wanted to help JG. JMO

Do you know or does anyone else know why the kidnapping case wasn't prosecuted?

Lack of evidence I think, and probably considered not worth Alabama's time when two of them were wanted for murder in another state.

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 1m

Cassie says Josh Gouker told her he was going to take the blame for Trey's murder. "Whether that's true or not, I don't know."

JG told witness he was going to take the blame for the killing.

Isn't that here say?

There are exceptions to the hearsay rule, the judge overruled the objection for some reason.

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 1m

Cassie initially told police Gouker killed Trey, because that's what he told her to do. Later told truth, that #JoshYoung was responsible.

The defense really have to crack this witnesses testimony, or he will most likely be convicted.

Paige Quiggins WDRB ‏@

Defense now cross-examining #CassieGouker

Jason Riley ‏@jasonrileyCJ 22s

Defense playing phone call detective Russ and Gouker made to Cassie from Alabama.

I'm watching "Big" Josh on HLN and I'd like to punch him in the face... Now back to lurking.

There are exceptions to the hearsay rule, the judge overruled the objection for some reason.

It's not hearsay - it was only introduced to prove that Gouker said it, not to prove that it was true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeymourMann