Kyron Horman Discussion Thread 2017-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
TH failed polygraph tests. She wrote emails about how much she hated Kyron, before he disappeared.

She gave up custody of her infant daughter. She has not seen her in years.

The custody order states she would have nothing more than short visits twice per month, strictly supervised, but only if and when a psychologist deemed her daughter ready for such visits and only after she did parenting courses. She would never get anything more until and unless she underwent a psychological custody evaluation.

She never did that because it would necessitate answering questions about Kyron and the murder plot.

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/Horman-custody.pdf

There is no evidence she ever saw her daughter again after Kaine initially got custody and she dropped her initial bid for contact in 2010. Not even after this subsequent order.

She moved to CA in 2016.

I'm a family law attorney and have discussed this extensively on this thread.

She killed her step son.

In all my years I've never seen anyone but hardcore drug addicts, severely mentally ill people, criminals or people who don't love their kids much, give up rights to their children.

She appeared to adore her child and made her the focus before Kyron disappeared. She took a photo of her daughter with Kyron's schoolmates and posted that on Kyron's birthday. Child was center stage. Kyron wasn't pictured.

She fought at first but dropped the fight to avoid answering questions that could incriminate her.

In my experience no mother would willingly give up custody to avoid incrimination if they're innocent. Unless they weren't that involved to begin with.

There are many reasons I believe she's guilty. That's the main one.

No innocent parent would abandon their infant child for fear of incrimination. They'd do anything to be there for their baby.

I've said that same thing many times when discussing this case with people who think Terri is innocent.

I believe Terri's abandonment of her baby is the most telling piece of evidence in the entire case.

I've said that same thing many times when discussing this case with people who think Terri is innocent.

I believe Terri's abandonment of her baby is the most telling piece of evidence in the entire case.

You, me and many, many, others have agreed on this point for years. That child was the center of her universe, what other explanation could there be for her abandonment? If anyone pipes up and says TH did it to protect her child, I'm going to pop a cork.

This is new, I think? Or is it not?

I haven't listened to it yet

https://www.drphilpodcasts.com/
Yes, I do believe it is new. Just released a day or so ago and other episodes will follow.

I did listen. It was about what I expected--a little too "Terri" friendly for me. (Coming from Dr. Phil and all).

At one point, he refers to Kyron as being 10-years-old when he went missing. So, if he can't even get Kyron's age correct, hopefully everyone will question what else he hasn't got right. I think there is plenty, but that just one little old person, me.

It could bring some awareness to Kyron's status, I guess; but I think the good doctor is once again only promoting Kyron's case to grab some ratings and make a few "easy" bucks for himself.

I listened to Dr. Phil's podcast today and interrupted it differently. I thought the 10-year old reference was not about Kyron, but I may be mistaken.

Dr. Phil said that people would notice a 10-year old hitchhiking. They would notice if a 10-year old boy showed up alone at a bus station, unattended. There is much more detail regarding this all at the beginning. He does say that Kyron was a 7-year old and in second grade.

This was the first episode released. It may seem like he is going easy on Terri, but the ending of the podcast... I believe he has much more to say about Terri.

I didn't get the feeling that it was "Terri" friendly, at all....I'm actually wondering if he's just kind of doing a recap just to bring attention to it again. I don't think there will be anything new. Any attention is good at this point.

What about this scenario--he was taken to someone's home and was going to be held, just for awhile and something happened to him while being held (I'm sure someone has brought this up)? Would she consider trying to ransom him? Maybe she was going to act like she found him and she was hoping for people to pat her on the back and also split the money with the person holding him? Is this too farfetched??

One last tiny thought. Does anyone think a young girl returning to the very place where her brother disappeared with out a trace and ripped her family apart had any fear there? Even if her mother was the monster that caused this she could come back and do the same thing to her. I will never understand that decision.
I would think that the school system as well as the school would communicate with her father about any concerns given what happened to her half-brother and offer support and counseling if they saw evidence of a problem.

Because the teachers knew Kyron the school might actually provide a positive connection to her brother . In fact it is entirely possible that the school community might be very protective of her , and look out for her welfare more than if she was at a school that didn’t have such a connection to her family.

In my opinion, this particular issue is really none of our business .

And regarding the question that has come up of TH and DS pleading the fifth - although doing so is not supposed to be an admission of guilt , pleading the fifth is only used to protect against self incrimination.
so by definition you are concerned that something you did was a crime.

In theory let’s say two people are accused of robbing a bank. They deny doing so. in fact they were at a greenhouse growing pot at a time where it was not legal to do so. So they have an alibi but if they say where they were they could be indicated for drug trafficking which could lead to serious penalties. If there isn’t enough evidence to indict them for the bank robbery, rather than cooperate with authorities they plead the fifth avoiding the potential drug charges .

If KH and DS pled the fifth then they did something that would be perceived as illegal ; the only question is was the crime directly related to kyron’s disappearance or did they do something unrelated that broke the law but still carries sufficient penalties that they still refuse to mention it even though by doing so it might provide an alibi .

It is autumn again, and there's going to be a lot of hunting and hiking in Oregon. I hope if Kyron's remains are out there, someone will happen upon them. Better yet but probably just a dream would be hunters finding evidence that leads to a living Kyron. Prayers for Kyron.

Do you think it's because of her lawyer? Or just because he's playing it safe? I don't think he's on her side but that could be why (or he's just not as tough as he wants us to believe).
Dr. Phil is an opportunist. It's all about the dollar sign for him. He wanted a "good" interview. Confrontation would ruin it for him. Terri prolly would have stalked off. she has a gunpowder temper. all moo.

On the ninth anniversary of her son’s disappearance, Desiree Young announced Tuesday that authorities have narrowed the search for Kyron Horman to less than 100 acres and are still seeking answers on what caused him to vanish.

I'd like to see an update on the 100 acre search, how much ground have they covered since June?

I wonder how they narrowed the search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member